Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone have experience going alone? Pittsburgh
Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 14:56

These are all great, thanks everyone! And see you at the show, Straycat13!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:06

ElGeordie
MadMax
Out of 34 Stones show I attended, 33 shows have been on me own. MUCh better. No moaning girlfriends or fiancees destroying the magic.

Mad Max makes a very good point, on the Bigger Bang tour I scored tickets for one of the on stage boxes on Keith's side. I took my (now Ex) wife, she moaned how she didn't get to see the fireworks!!

I don't even going bother going to a show with those, in my estimation, who don't love them "enough." Don't want to worry about those who may want to leave before encores, or God knows what else.

Date: May 30, 2015 15:09

Straycat13
jasona93
Hi everyone. Going lucky dipping tomorrow and have nice seats with a big party in Buffalo. With the VIP drop today and no willing partners in crime at $400, I couldn't control myself and bought a single in Pittsburgh in row 3 in front of Keith. 3.5 hour drive from Buffalo and as far as I know, I'm only going to live once.

I'm not too worried about finding some fun Stones fans as that's all that will be there and the pre-show IORR party will establish itself...but does anyone have any tips or experience or stories about going to a Stones show alone?

Like you, I couldn't resist, either. I'll be right behind you in row 4 (unless I can upgrade to those row 2 seats) Keith's side, with my family all up in the nose bleeds

Date: May 30, 2015 15:13

steffialicia
Straycat13
jasona93
Hi everyone. Going lucky dipping tomorrow and have nice seats with a big party in Buffalo. With the VIP drop today and no willing partners in crime at $400, I couldn't control myself and bought a single in Pittsburgh in row 3 in front of Keith. 3.5 hour drive from Buffalo and as far as I know, I'm only going to live once.

I'm not too worried about finding some fun Stones fans as that's all that will be there and the pre-show IORR party will establish itself...but does anyone have any tips or experience or stories about going to a Stones show alone?

Like you, I couldn't resist, either. I'll be right behind you in row 4 (unless I can upgrade to those row 2 seats) Keith's side, with my family all up in the nose bleeds[/quote

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:14

Go for it! Less drama and more freedom, I say.

I took a close female relative and her boyfriend to an acoustic Joe Ely and Joel Guzman club show and she was the "loud drunk chick" complete with dirty dancing! God, I was so pissed off at her.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:26

I went alone in Philly b/c my friend fainted on the way to the stadium !!!!!!
I had a blast

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:00

I went to London, Tokyo, Macau and Shanghai by myself.
I had a great time. Met some cool IORRs at the London bar.
Met some good people in Macau and Shanghai.

Plus, I'm going to 3 shows on this tour solo.

You're amongst Stones' fans...who's cooler than that?

GO.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:18

So far, ten shows on my own and had a lovely time at all of them. I know this isn't the complaints thread, but it would be nice if the lucky dips and other interesting tickets weren't always sold in pairs only.

Anyway, go for it!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:28

I travel alone to concerts often - London, New York, Chicago, Quebec, etc. usually meet nice people and enjoy myself or I'd have stopped years ago. Also often get a great seat on a single ticket, better than many pairs.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:53

Great post. The best person that would know is BV.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:12

One is never alone in a crowd of 50,000 fellow Stones fans...
I've done it several times and I always have a great time. I would rather be on my own in that big crowd than with a dud or someone I might have to babysit, or someone who wants to talk or sing too loud too much.

If you have a lucky dip... wander around before hand and find someone looking for a single, ask them how much they want to pay... tell them for $40.00 they can buy the lucky dip... and if it works you head to killer seats on the floor... if it it doesnt work you probably go your own ways (no matter what DO NOT to the top of the stadium aka lucky dip hell)

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:35

jasona93
These are all great, thanks everyone! And see you at the show, Straycat13!

Yes!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 1, 2015 04:18

I saw the Stones one time by myself. That was in Philly on the Licks tour 2002. They played three different venues on the Philly Stop-big stadium, medium sized arena, and small theatre. I caught the second gig at the First Union Ctr. I bought a single ticket at the last minute as I could not find anyone to go with. I booked a room at the Crowne Plaza (?) in downtown Philly and stayed the night after the show. I drove from Rochester to Philly and dropped my wife and two year old son off at her friend's house along the way in Binghamton, NY. I had a blast. I looked at it as an adventure. I got rewarded with a great show that night as the Stones not only played a mini-set from Let It Bleed (including Love In Vain), but they pulled out Can't You Hear Me Knockin' which I had not heard in concert before.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 1, 2015 04:43

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 30, 2015 10:18AM

So far, ten shows on my own and had a lovely time at all of them. I know this isn't the complaints thread, but it would be nice if the lucky dips and other interesting tickets weren't always sold in pairs only.

Anyway, go for it!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's for dam* sure. All the VIP and other packages-made it harder for me to find a Single ticket. No fair!

On some future Tour I will want extremely good seats. In fact, I think that this web site iorr, could be a good place for Singles to pair up to get a good ticket deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 04:47 by tauk.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 04:58

I've been to quite a few concerts where I've gone with people but we didn't have seats together, or at a festival I left the group and took off to get to the front of the stage while they hung out on the lawn. It's a concert, everybody's singing and dancing, it's too loud to talk, so it doesn't matter who you are or aren't with. At my first Stones show I was sitting with my best friend, but I spent more time partying with the old hippy couple on my left. My friend was being a little douche and they were happy as hell to meet me because I was holding.

I can only think of one time where I actually drove to and attended a concert by myself. It was a band called Brad that one of the guitarists from Pearl Jam is in as a side project. I like them, but I could generate no interest with any of my friends. "Let's go see Pearl Jam!!!.....'s guitarist with some guys you've never heard of". No takers. But it was cool, I met a guy in line outside who was also there alone and we talked. We met the aforementioned guitarist Stone Gossard as he left the bus and entered the club. The show was great, so it was a good time that I'm glad I didn't miss out on just because I couldn't find anybody else to go with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 06:56 by NoCode0680.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 1, 2015 06:38

I've gone to a number of shows alone. It's perfectly comfortable in Europe where the floor is standing only. I feel a bit self-conscious in seats, but once the music starts, I'm fine. At Stones shows in Tokyo, I often see a lone foreigner surrounded by Japanese. They seem to enjoy themselves fine.

At the Newark show in 2012, I was with my sister, but most of the people around us were solo because of the $800 ticket price. I don't think it's a big deal with among Stones fans

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:42

Go for it! I went to their last Toronto concert alone and had a blast.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 1, 2015 16:10

I have been to shows solo and will probably go solo again.
Just get out and walk around. Most everyone you'll see outside the stadium are fans doing the same thing you are.
If you have an extra lucky dip just grab some fan without a ticket and get them in. They will have a great memory!

Date: June 2, 2015 02:26

I go to most concert alone. Most of my friends don't have the same taste or passion for music like I do. Stones concerts are the best if your alone. The most friendly fans, always willing to share their passion along with you. Your gonna have a blast.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 2, 2015 04:27

I've been to many concerts alone. It is THE way to go. So much easier to move about. Also better odds of scoring a seat up front, as solo tickets typically sell cheaper than tickets in pairs. (on the secondary market)

The tongue pit concerts were the best for going solo, so much easier to work your way up to the front.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 04:30 by jazzbass.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home