Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I must be unusual
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: July 23, 2005 11:58

Im glad I've not heard the new songs.

Am I the Only One who would like to hear the album fresh and new - "like a virgin"( the album, not myself!)?

Re: I must be unusual
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 23, 2005 12:15

I've heard two of them from the webradio recordings that are up on the Stonesvikings site, and the press conference, but listening to these is just like listening to the radio. The sound quality is not good at all when compared to CD. The jingle of the station fades in at the end. I don't think having heard them on the radio could hamper my experience of listening to the album for the 1st time. Even long awaited albums like this take as much time to sink in as albums that come totally out of the blue, only expectations can be tremendously higher.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: July 23, 2005 12:16

Yes.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 24, 2005 03:59

No, I kinda like the idea.

Posted by: MisterD ()
Date: July 24, 2005 06:33

What difference does it make if you hear it now or later? With the internet available, I'd rather hear the MP3 before I go out and unload 19 bucks for the record. SOL, is a bad song. I'm glad I heard it courtesy of the internet first. RJ is somewhat refreshing but still not reason enough to get too excited.
Unfortunetly these aren't the day's of vinyl. I remember waiting and wondering for weeks when I heard "Some Girls" was coming out.
But this isn't the same band now. This isn't really a band now. This is a Virgin production that needs to get done. These guys are great, don't get me wrong, but their best writing day's are way behind them. That is unless there is some big surprise. But to release SOL as the first single in 8 years is pretty sad. IMHO.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 24, 2005 06:48

No, I want to hear maybe the 'single' but really like the surprise of hearing it fresh upon official release a traditional ritualnow since age 13

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 24, 2005 07:02

been over 20 years since I heard an album "fresh" on release. it really doesn't matter, either, IMO.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 24, 2005 07:11

Of course not. Call me old fashioned. I liked hearing Harlem Shuffle and Mixed Emotions when they came out as singles, back when they still were having hit singles, but I try to avoid over exposure

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 24, 2005 07:32

John: Over exposure is the kind way to say it. Now, years later ABBA sounds good. fred

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home