Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Columbus, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Indy, Buffalo
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:22

These five cities are all really close to each other. It seems odd to saturate that little segment of the country. Is this Stonesland? More fans per capita in the midwestnortheast transition states?

Re: Columbus, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Indy, Buffalo
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:19

Buffalo is the only New York gig, right? The closest to NYC and NJ. It's summer, people could travel from farther away. Philly is a big Stones town, fans could go to Pittsburgh. Detroit could draw Chicago fans. Columbus can draw Cincinnati, Louisville. The strange one is Indy because it draws from the Chicago/Cincinnati/Louisville area. And Indy has not been kind to the Stones attendance wise the last go around. (Voodoo Lounge). I think the idea of a July 4th concert with the possibility of a huge crowd, at a unique venue is what they're throwing the dice on. Plus, there's a huge demand, since they didn't stop there last tour.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:47

I know right. Yeah but no, only the lowereastsouthwest transition states, agreed.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 04:19

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway was very aggressive in landing the Stones show, probably sharing the attendance risk with the promoter. You are right, Voodoo Lounge, 1994 was the last Stones concert in Indy. Hopefully the date and the venue lands a big crowd, although I know many boomers are turned off by the standing room only format and are not attending because of that.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 27, 2015 07:02

If you're a real Midwestern Stones fan you can go drive a couple hours to Columbus from Indy, or Louisville, see 'em next Saturday, and then see 'em again in Indy on July 4th, with a nice break in between.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 27, 2015 08:51

Add KC, Minneapolis and Milwaukee, and you've really got a concentration of shows.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 27, 2015 10:23

drbryant
Add KC, Minneapolis and Milwaukee, and you've really got a concentration of shows.

I know...I'm in Chicago and seeing all of the above (except Buffalo) but add Nashville too

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:53

New York, Chicago, Detroit it's all the same street .your typical city involved in a typical day dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home