Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: For anyone who doubted Ronnie's contribution to the new album...
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2005 05:38

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BJB, BTMMR is so BAD it's goofy! Keith sounds like
> an off-key old fart and can't handle the melody
> line, if you want to call it a melody...that's a
> bit generous! Again, pee break, beer break time!
> Fans ALWAYS RUN for the exit BEFORE the third note
> is played on that terrible tune!!

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: July 23, 2005 06:26

What do you think the crowd would do, say if Mick sang a couple songs, such as from, GITD, in Keith's time spot (?), you think No "pee break"? Believe THIS, MORE people would take a PISS, first AT THE STAGE, then, A BEER BREAK, believe it! Then, they'd come back to their seats/place, thinkin: "you're still up there," THEY'D PISS AGAIN, AT THE STAGE.

DEBRA WROTE:

"Mick stays current"

CURRENT!, How many DAMN Singles, time and again, do we need>>>>>with that damn RETRO-DISCO mixed TRACK included? I love Mick to death, as I do all the Stones, BUT PLEASE Mick, NO MORE, drop it, DISCO IS DEAD!

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-23 06:44 by LISMM63.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: July 23, 2005 07:00

Simply amazing how many times the topic of "piss break" comes up. Reflective of the average Stones fan's age, I guess. (Or the average Stones fan beer consumption) I'm still waiting for RS.com to start offering the official Tongue Gladder-Bladder. A simple attachment that allows one to catch all of Tumbling Dice or the Keith set. At today's ticket prices, I always feel like a trip to the loo is costing me $30-40 worth of music! Give me my Gladder-Bladder, please!

Karl

Posted by: MisterD ()
Date: July 23, 2005 07:04

All I know is that if Keith is going to sing "Before they make me Run", I am not leaving the building.
Argueably the best Stones line in any song, "Wasn't looking too good, but I was feelin' real well". How could a real Stones fan walk out on that?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 23, 2005 07:07

I really hope I never have to take a pee break during a Stones show (recall a Foreigner show in 85--had to take a 15 year old--and I had a bladder infection so waiting in long lines was torture) because I want every minuete of the performance. Thus I dont drink beer. Always been more of a drug man anyway (ah but most of that is past, and there is still some mourning & nostalgia for what I know I cant do anymore...)

Posted by: robert_stones1 ()
Date: July 23, 2005 18:57

Having listened to Rough Justice more than 30 times now, it occurs to me that the person who said the opening sounds like The Faces is spot on...and that means that Ronnie's contribution may mush more than just that awesome slide work...perhaps a writing credit will be in order!!!

Also, the version from viking fades out, but I'm hoping it may go one a bit longer...Rough Justice is clearly a winner! Wonder if when a video will be released!

Finally, let's also figure that SOL is the B-side of RJ...in that case it's not really being showcased...other songs must be much better...this is incredibly exciting!!!!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 23, 2005 18:59

ANY DAY!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 23, 2005 19:51

From my point of view: walk out, and stay there 4ever.
And take care of your shift key:-)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2005 21:50

robert_stones1 Wrote:
>> Also, the version from viking fades out, but I'm
> hoping it may go one a bit longer...Rough Justice
> is clearly a winner! Wonder if when a video will
> be released!
>

well, dont forget that they filmed a video on the streets of New York on 11th May - the day after the press conference

that would possibly suggest it was a video for "streets of love", dont you think?

I know the song SOUNDS like a cousin of Out Of Tears. maybe the video is something similar too! Only filmed in NY instead of Cleveland!

Date: July 23, 2005 21:58

They could've recycled that one for "Love is strong"...

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 23, 2005 22:37

Date: July 24, 2005 00:48

STONESTOD, I really must differ! Keith couldn't sing 6 notes in key these days so how, exactly does he sing ballads better than Mick?? And of course no one takes ANYTHING MICA says seriously anyway so BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Date: July 24, 2005 00:53

P,S.Mica, Are we fixated with SHIFT KEYS? As they say, Don't Let The Door hit you in the Fat Ass on the way out! Yuck, Yuck!

Date: July 24, 2005 06:53

I know Wood fans take it hard when Taylor fans start flaring up. But after hearing "Rough Justice", and the slide guitar playing, I have to say it's nice to hear some of that old style, but it's not anyting close to Taylor's ability.
One only has to go back and listen to the work Taylor did on "Sister Morphine" to appreciate the beauty of his slide work. His subtleness, yet bold riffs, turn that song into a classic.
I think the Stones had a lucky roll of the dice when they hired Taylor. When you think about his contribution compared to time spent in the band, he was hand's down a great choice. Unfortunetly it didn't work out for all of them, but nonetheless they are all still alive, and that's what counts. And we have some great records thanks to their few years together.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 24, 2005 06:59

Debra Wrote:
> STONESTOD, I really must differ! Keith couldn't
> sing 6 notes in key these days so how, exactly
> does he sing ballads better than Mick??

Way better, Debra. Opinions obviously differ. But, listening to Keith sing the gorgeous ballad off of 40Licks, LMT, and the recent duet with Willie on We Had it All - it's clear he still is incredibly soulful with a ballad. It matters not how many notes you can hit, my dear. Mick's appalling take on SOL proves he's lost his soul.

Mr. D - couldn't agree with you more re: RW's slide work on RJ - pedestrian. The same solo he plays whenever he plays slide - in fact it's practically grafted right off of YGMR. Boring. Taylor's feel on slide far exceeds anything Mr. Wood can play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-24 07:00 by StonesTod.

Date: July 24, 2005 07:04

Uh sorry that's Ry Cooder playing slide on Sister Morphine (Not MT), however I do like MT's slide & work in general but never comfortable with either/or (Taylor/Wood, or Mick/Keith) arguments. Brian/Mick T/Ron, I'm fans of all of them, and must I choose between Mick & Keith now too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-24 07:13 by john r.

Date: July 24, 2005 07:05

Yea, Taylor had/has that special feeling that very few people that pick up a guitar ever get.
Like I said, the Stones, and their fans, should feel lucky to have those records he made with the band.

Date: July 24, 2005 07:09

My god Ron is one of the greatest slide stylists in r & r, go listen to Gasoline Alley or Lady Day & Jo's Lament from that classic, & he did a mighty fine Sister Morphine live at the Ten Spot not too long ago

Date: July 24, 2005 07:28

No offense, but none of those examples were with the Rolling Stones.
I don't want to argue this age-old dilema, but as a guitar player myself, Taylor's playing comes from a very special place.
Again, I'll give another example, "Shine a Light".
His solo-ing doesn't take over the song but folds right into it. It's hard to find a player who has that special something. He had it.

Date: July 24, 2005 08:16

I am not disputing Mick T's talent or contributions, and I've seen him 3 times at club shows, plus have various post-Stones recordings. Just, well I said it before, I think they're very different stylists & personalities and I dont like the choosing sides sense I sometimes feel around here. I would agree Ron has had (in later years) a difficult position in the RS, w/ the addictions & increasing distance from KR. They seemed so rejuvenated when he first joined. I liked the way they (KR/RW) played together on SG, ER, thru Dirty Work, by B2B a real sense of marginalization what with Waddy on there. & RE Shine A Light, its fantastic on every level.

Date: July 24, 2005 08:19

well said...

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: July 24, 2005 08:57

Amen to that one.

Posted by: salar ()
Date: July 24, 2005 09:54

TooTough Wrote:
> Yeah, Ron, right in the face of all those
> Taylorheads!!!!

Right, my friend..C´mon Ronny....you got it, man.

> You are my man!
...and you are mine...

see you on the tour
salar

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: July 24, 2005 11:44

DEBRA!

Only crazy ignorent people take PEE brakes during Keiths songs!

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: July 24, 2005 16:45

Everyone should remember Keith is rock 'n' roll!! You NEVER take a piss when MR. Rock 'n' Roll is playing for you. It's just rude man.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 24, 2005 16:54

Niklas Wrote:

>
> Only crazy ignorent people take PEE brakes during
> Keiths songs!
>

I bet Mick Jagger goes for a piss while Keith is on yawning smiley)

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: July 24, 2005 17:58

Who will teach D. that music is not putting one correct and even note after the other. Music for me has to do with feelings , not with notes or sexy (or not) young or old men. So there are two kinds of songs: the deep felt true songs with not every note on its place, and the commercial cliche radiofocused kiddy ones. But if you like these, then you can buy nearly every pop album you can get, and wouldn't have to wait 8 years for.

By the way: D. do you realize, you offend more and more people on here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-24 17:59 by micawber.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: July 24, 2005 18:23

"One only has to go back and listen to the work Taylor did on "Sister Morphine" to appreciate the beauty of his slide work. His subtleness, yet bold riffs, turn that song into a classic."

You can not take a person seriously if he writes stuff like that.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 24, 2005 18:26

i agree that the stones music w/ mick taylor was very special. shine a light is a great track. however, IMHO, i think the tracks that best show off taylor's virtuosity are NOT on exile, e.g.:

can't you hear me knocking
winter
time waits for no one
through the lonely nights

absolutely amazing guitar work. one gripe i have about exile is that taylor's guitar is, for the most part, underutilized.

would be interested to hear other's thoughts on this.

Date: July 24, 2005 18:33

Mica, I think I only offend those pig-headed males such as yourself who spew and spew and TRY HARD To drive away the female posters, all in vain, may I say! I find it amusing , this msle dominated board where intlerance thrives! And as for YOU, Niklas, ignoramous that you apparently are, I never said that I TOOK PEE BREAKS DURING KEITH SONGS! At the prices of tickets these days, I wouldn't take a bathroom or beer break unless the arena was on fire!!! It's not my concern, Mica, if those in your category of male find my posts offensive because I have had many applaud what I say. And Skelly, that was very funny! I DO think Mick takes pee breaks during Keith's " soulful" wailings!!!yuck yuck!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home