Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

question about seating
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:43

For sound (mostly) and sight would a floor seat around row 16 or so be good or would 1st level on the side and or rear be just as good? I ask as I have never been closer than 1st level towards rear of stadium and to the side and wonder if it's worth it to get on the floor. Or if sound may be worse there? Any information appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 22:49 by tumblingdice.

Re: question about seating
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:49

With stadiums, 1st level on the side or rear covers a lot of ground. If close to the stage it could be good but I'd probably go for the 16th row.

Sound at stadiums can be hit or miss, imo. They are certainly getting better at it but, in general, the closer to the center and FOH mixing board, the better the sound.

peace

Date: May 21, 2015 22:51

Thanks. With what I see I could get first level at the opposite end of the stadium from stage. Then there are some on the side but towards the back portion still though.

Date: May 21, 2015 22:59

How about section H in Nashville? It's on the floor but the second half, and per the map its a small strip of section. Only 110.00 for these so I wonder what may be wrong with them lol. Any ideas or input?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:07

In my experience, if you want the best sound? Right in front of the FOH board.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:29

Yes, sound at stadiums is tricky. make sure you are not underneath any overhangs. being in the open, with as much of the stage in front of you as possible. Sounds systems are much better today. The McCartney sound was the best I've heard in a stadium. If the Stones use that, we'll be fine.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:32

tumblingdice
For sound (mostly) and sight would a floor seat around row 16 or so be good or would 1st level on the side and or rear be just as good? I ask as I have never been closer than 1st level towards rear of stadium and to the side and wonder if it's worth it to get on the floor. Or if sound may be worse there? Any information appreciated. 

Best Sound is Dead Center....Close to the Sound Board.....

Date: May 21, 2015 23:39

Stupid question, I'm sure but what section is the soundboard? I think the j and h section should be close to it right? Just not sure why they are so cheap and if there may be an obstruction of some kind.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:39

If it was row 16, I always choose row 16 but Nashville section H is too far...

Gfmsoccer
Yes, sound at stadiums is tricky. make sure you are not underneath any overhangs. being in the open, with as much of the stage in front of you as possible. Sounds systems are much better today. The McCartney sound was the best I've heard in a stadium. If the Stones use that, we'll be fine.

I experienced McCartney outdoor stadium show just 3 weeks before in Seoul, South Korea.
Its sound was awesome.thumbs up

Date: May 21, 2015 23:45

a bigger nut
If it was row 16, I always choose row 16 but Nashville section H is too far...

Yeah they have row 16 to 18 in the front section at 368.00 but I found 2 in section j and h at 110.00 and that way my daughter can sit with me. If not she can get her own cheaper seat and I'll jump at the 368.00 if needed.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:03

tumblingdice
Yeah they have row 16 to 18 in the front section at 368.00 but I found 2 in section j and h at 110.00 and that way my daughter can sit with me. If not she can get her own cheaper seat and I'll jump at the 368.00 if needed.

Ah, OK. That's hard decision.

From my stadium show(mostly baseball stadiums) experiences, there is not so much difference between section H and 1st level rear stands.
Even from section H, you always need to watch screen.
But maybe you can feel a bit of better atmosphere at section H, especially when Mick coming to catwalk end.

From my experiences, we need to be in first 30 rows to see a real stage.
Row 16 is worth to pay for me.

Date: May 22, 2015 00:12

Thanks for all the input! Feel free to keep opinion/info coming as it will be a day or so before I get to purchase.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:42

tumblingdice

It is unusual that the text of your post continues well past the right edge that is defined by the thin black vertical line which delineates the right side of the text window, and upon closer examination, it appears that that is a result of using the "code" tags... which I found personally interesting although I am not sure that anyone else would.  

Date: May 22, 2015 01:07

schillid
tumblingdice

It is unusual that the text of your post continues well past the right edge that is defined by the thin black vertical line which delineates the right side of the text window, and upon closer examination, it appears that that is a result of using the "code" tags... which I found personally interesting although I am not sure that anyone else would.  
I wondered what caused that and thought it was something that happened posting on my phone.

Date: May 22, 2015 08:32

Well I went ahead and ordered the 2 together in section H. Hope I don't regret it. My only worry is why are those that cheap when just ahead of me they are 386.00. Hope it's only because it's the back half of the main floor. Excited to have tickets to the Stones again!! My 5th show, maybe I will get to hear Beast of Burden live in person this time!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1248
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home