Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Micks stage wardrobe. Is it saved?
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:51

Hi all.

This is a questions I have had for most of my adult life. Is the iconic stage outfits worn by Mick (and Keith) preserved?

Like 69 Omega shirt. Uncle Sam hat

1972 jumpers

1975 baggy pirate look.

Re: Micks stage wardrobe. Is it saved?
Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:53

I don't know but you can ask #AskTheStones at twitter before monday!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:54

Some of it is in the Rock n' Roll hall of fame ('72 jumpsuit I know for sure is there)

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: May 16, 2015 20:06

It's hard to say when Jagger is pulling the interviewer's leg, but (I think in Rolling Stone) he said he saved everything, and that his daughters would take stuff of his to wear when they went out. He used the omega shirt as an example.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 16, 2015 20:22

The Mr Fish Hyde Park Dress didn't seem to be the original one. Maybe Mick has it still but was worried to get stains on it.
How bout a Petition for an Omega on all of Micks shirts for the upcoming shows?

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 16, 2015 20:32

timmyj3
Hi all.

This is a questions I have had for most of my adult life. Is the iconic stage outfits worn by Mick (and Keith) preserved?

Like 69 Omega shirt. Uncle Sam hat

1972 jumpers

1975 baggy pirate look.

Guaranteed much of it is some of it long ago lost, stolen or trashed...like Micks light blue cap he wore for awhile seen in that sailing picture floating around. years get fuzzy but guessing 77-79ish it was a foggy decade for me.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 16, 2015 21:11

I assume it's saved for the museum. Mick is way too savy not to realize the value of the wardrobe. The 69 Uncle Sam hat or the Orange and black shirt from
Altamont would be sure to fetch some record prices.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 16, 2015 21:23

this is really a big question for the world, is not it...

Jeroen

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 16, 2015 21:24

Exactly - a lot of whatever's not been lost or stolen is bound to turn up in the planned museum.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 16, 2015 21:48

Not sure...I just hope they have the good sense to launder it.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 16, 2015 22:26

treaclefingers

What? You don't think the customers to the museum would want to see clothing complete with genuine Mick/Keith sweat???? tongue sticking out smiley

On another note, I picked up a genuine 60s minidress from a vintage store last year for a costume and it was very torn up- and i managed to rip one of the sleeves while I was wearing it because it was so delicate. So hopefully the clothes have been kept in good shape.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 17, 2015 03:09

There is a couple outfits at the rock and roll hall of fame. the 94' Voodoo outfit is there.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 17, 2015 04:36

I remember hearing that he keeps all of them in his closet and his daughters used to put them on once in a while for fun.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 17, 2015 04:44

treaclefingers

Great question! I would totally tweet this on Monday.

This is a big question in the world of archival and museum science...to launder or not to launder. I was visiting a colleague at the Levi Strauss archive recently. They come across 100+ year old pants, often acquired from people who find them in, like, an old mine. I had thought the original dirt would be left on them, but they are actually carefully laundered. I suppose it is easier to preserve them clean? Preservation of garments is a little outside my balliwick (as opposed to archives).

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-17 05:14 by swiss.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 17, 2015 05:03

swiss
treaclefingers

This is a big question in the world of archival and museum science...to launder or not to launder. I was visiting a colleague at the Levi Strauss archive recently. They come across 100+ year old pants, often acquired from people who find them in, like, an old mine. I had thought the original dirt would be left on them, but they are actually carefully laundered. I suppose it is easier to preserve them clean? Preservation of garments is a little outside my ballwick (as opposed to archives).

- swiss

I think the word is bailiwick dear, but of course I know what you mean. Those 100 year old Levi's are worth quite a small fortune so I'm told, who would have guessed? I do recall as a kid looking down at my feet and them being lost under huge bell bottoms jeans and arguing with my Mom when she first tried to dress me in straight legs, the nerve! winking smiley

Don't recall ever seeing Mick in blue jeans, possibly black ones but I get the feeling he's more of a fancy pants kind of guy.

peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2015 05:19

Lizzy Jagg's in what looks like Mick's psycheeeeeeeeeeedelic jacket from thee 60's

ROCKMAN

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 17, 2015 15:24

Naturalust
swiss
treaclefingers

This is a big question in the world of archival and museum science...to launder or not to launder. I was visiting a colleague at the Levi Strauss archive recently. They come across 100+ year old pants, often acquired from people who find them in, like, an old mine. I had thought the original dirt would be left on them, but they are actually carefully laundered. I suppose it is easier to preserve them clean? Preservation of garments is a little outside my ballwick (as opposed to archives).

- swiss

I think the word is bailiwick dear, but of course I know what you mean. Those 100 year old Levi's are worth quite a small fortune so I'm told, who would have guessed? I do recall as a kid looking down at my feet and them being lost under huge bell bottoms jeans and arguing with my Mom when she first tried to dress me in straight legs, the nerve! winking smiley

Don't recall ever seeing Mick in blue jeans, possibly black ones but I get the feeling he's more of a fancy pants kind of guy.

peace

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 17, 2015 15:27

Mick was wearing jeans getting on the plane at the beginning of Crossfire Hurricane. I'm not sure I recall him performing in jeans. Paraphrasing from CH "when I slip out of my outfit and get into my jeans..."

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 17, 2015 16:58

Naturalust
swiss
treaclefingers

- swiss

peace

It is rare to see MJ performing in jeans, but he did on a flatbed truck for the 1975 tour announcement in NYC! They did an extended Brown Sugar.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:43

Naturalust
swiss
treaclefingers

- swiss

peace

ahhh, Naturlust...I left the "I" out -- how Buddhist winking smiley

Bell bottom jeans...wow, I had them too as a little kid. With embroidered flowers, tho maybe I'm making that up. Yes, Mick is more of a fancy pants guy.

Plus, until pretty much the 1980s jeans were so definitively American, and still carrying an imprimatur of The Worker on them...in part, what led to their widespread culturally-defiant adoption by the youth of the '60s!

Mention of "the museum" is made here as if it were a fait accomplis...is it?

- swiss

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:52

I thought I saw Mick wearing jeans maybe when he was out in a Chicago park in 2013.

Rare though, definitely.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 18, 2015 04:42

swiss
Plus, until pretty much the 1980s jeans were so definitively American, and still carrying an imprimatur of The Worker on them...in part, what led to their widespread culturally-defiant adoption by the youth of the '60s!

- swiss

I actually recall a Japanese fellow coming to a neighbors horse ranch here in Montana looking to buy used blue jeans worn by real cowboys. I asked him how he could tell and got a detailed discourse about wear marks on the ass. This guy was an expert on authentic saddle worn jeans and he was paying big bucks for them...word got around pretty fast and ranch hands from miles around were selling their used jeans to this fellow. Some of these guys were pretty large and I often imagined these small Japanese folks walking around Tokyo basically swimming in pants many sizes too big. Bizarre! grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 18, 2015 04:50

Don't worry, Bill probably snatched up all the vintage stage clothes while the others were coked out of their skulls.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 18, 2015 05:22

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:04

swiss
Naturalust
swiss
treaclefingers

- swiss

peace

ahhh, Naturlust...I left the "I" out -- how Buddhist winking smiley

Bell bottom jeans...wow, I had them too as a little kid. With embroidered flowers, tho maybe I'm making that up. Yes, Mick is more of a fancy pants guy.

Mention of "the museum" is made here as if it were a fait accomplis...is it?

- swiss

Mick wore jeans on the flatbed promo in 1975.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home