Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

keiths dream
Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: May 16, 2015 15:39

I have always maintained that I was born the same night that Keith dreamed the satisfaction riff. My birthday is May 9, 1965. There was a recent spate of articles stating that the dream occurred on the 7'th instead of the 9'th. Does anybody know the story better than I do? I've always heard that they had played in Jacksonville that night (the 8'th) & KR woke in the morning to find his tape on the other spool & rewound it to find a few minutes of the crude riff followed by the guitar hitting the floor & several minutes of snoring as he fell back asleep.
Anybody??

Re: keiths dream
Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 16, 2015 15:45

I thought it was Tampa that would make it the 7th. But you are close enough. As BW said in Crossfire Hurricane "never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: May 16, 2015 15:48

onlystones
I thought it was Tampa that would make it the 7th. But you are close enough. As BW said in Crossfire Hurricane "never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

Agreed , I remember all kinds of stuff that never happened.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 16, 2015 16:00

keithglimmer
onlystones

Agreed , I remember all kinds of stuff that never happened.

So does Keith!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 16, 2015 16:33

Keith had that dream at the London Hilton, not immediately before the historic day
the Glimmers sat down in Clearwater Florida and finished the number.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home