Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Neo-con
Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:44

Not that it matters in the slightest bit but I think the new album will be titled Neo-Con. A simple search under news on Google/Yahoo/AP will reveal that most articles refer to the new Stones album as "Neo-Con". Manhattan Beach, Bigger Bang, and all the other unverified names have never once appeared in the mainstream press, and yet Neo-Con has. We'll see... I honestly couldnt care less what the album is called, as long as its not Streets of Shit, erm... Love.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 23, 2005 04:03

MICA, I am SO GLAD you NEVER disappoint me with your trite comments!

Posted by: robert_stones1 ()
Date: July 23, 2005 05:05

Bärs...thanks for taking the time to look at the info...hoping others do the same.

Loving the Stones new songs today. Neocon may turn out to be a great tune musically, but it's rare that older, rich rockers truly understand geo-politics and even rarer still that their fans do. The term "liberal" still implies some kind of 60's radicalism that in American politics today couldn't be further from the truth. Most ought to consider themselves "libertarians", which is a lot closer to conservatism, but still a lot of differences.

Consider this idea from former Rolling Stone writer PJ O'Rourke on the difference between Republicans and Democrats in America:

From P.J. O'Rourke's book Parliament of Whores

"I have only one firm belief about the American political system, and that is this: God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat.

God is an elderly or, at any rate, middle-aged mate, a stern fellow, patriarchal rather than paternal and a great believer in rules and regulations. He holds men strictly accountable for their actions. He has little apparent concern for the material well-being of the disadvantaged. He is politically connected, socially powerful and holds the mortgage on literally everything in the world. God is difficult. God is unsentimental. It is very hard to get into God's heavenly country club.

Santa Claus is another matter. He's cute. He's nonthreatening. He's always cheerful. And he loves animals. He may know who's been naughty and who's been nice, but he never does anything about it. He gives everyone everything they want without thought of a quid pro quo. He works hard for charities, and he's famously generous to the poor. Santa Claus is preferable to God in every way but one: There is no such thing as Santa Claus."

Date: July 24, 2005 10:47

Thats a brutal way to look at God. Besides, its all truth vs emotion. Democrats remind me of women who are PMSing... The only thing they care about is how they 'feel' about issues. A woman should have the right to an abortion because thats how they 'feel' about the matter. Whereas the rest of us think the idea of murdering one's unborn child is a horrible act which none of us would wish on our enemies, let alone to our friends and family.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 24, 2005 11:57

The really truth:

Bush is God - but he needs the Devil!
The Democrats are good! ;-)

And The Rolling Stones are rockin' and rollin' ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-24 11:59 by HighwireC.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 24, 2005 14:31

As an English band, I really don't think they'd realease an album with a title that doesn't exist in the UK.

Posted by: sprandel ()
Date: July 24, 2005 16:43

RankOutsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> T&A, Where do you get this: But, as John R
> correctly points out, this Neocon base is
> primarily made up of former liberals.
>
>
> Where and how did you come up with this insight? I
> think if you check the track record of the people
> in the Bush Administration that make up this
> group, you won't find many things liberal about
> them. The neo-cons are a renegade group, (most
> traditional conservatives don't like them either),
> who's primary vision is that of world domination
> by the U.S., hence the invasion of Iraq.

That's some goofy rubbish that you write. Do you really believe that? It is silly to think that taking out a piss poor regime like Saddam and his Baath party, (by the way, Do we really need people like that anyway?) sets the stage for world domination.

Date: July 24, 2005 17:53

You can find some info in a neo-con magazin "The New American"

[www.thenewamerican.com]

Have a look at the banner, too:

You will have to make a decision: "US" or "UN"

Date: July 24, 2005 18:06

Some more neo-con activities:

[www.stoptheftaa.org]

... and The Stones roll South Amercia this tour! ;-)

Posted by: robert_stones1 ()
Date: July 25, 2005 04:08

Drake - I too believe in a gentler God than the one described by O'Rourke, but it's an apt decription of the difference between Republicans (realists) and Democrats (fools). Democrats would enslave people by empowering the government who in turn people illegitimate rights (such as abortion) while taking away basic ones (political correctness stifles freedom!).

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 25, 2005 06:57

I have no interest in god. the idea that "women" (or is that just pro choice women?) make decisions, or form opinions based on "feelings" is sexist. And despite scores of warinings by bv in the past here we are with another so called "political" thread.

Date: July 25, 2005 08:31

look back about two pages and see who started it spiraling... my opinions arent sexist, they apply to anyone takes the stance that aborting a child is somehow a worthy cause to stand for. i've got better things to fight for than the right to destroy my child.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home