Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick's Dancing
Posted by: bartman ()
Date: July 24, 2005 12:07

I watched Atlantic City since a long tome and I noticed Micks likes to make funny moves when he's dancing.

I was wondering if he still dance the same way on the last tour. I coudn't remenber anymore. do you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-24 12:14 by bartman.

Re: Mick's Dancing
Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 24, 2005 14:11

These days Mick dances like he's practising karate !
Looks very forced to me....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 24, 2005 14:37

My own opinion is that Mick ought to find himself a nice Brazilian (dance teacher) and learn some basic "Lambada". This might have the desired effect of introducing some "fluidity" into what more often than not are quite harsh jerky sorts of movements that he makes whilst he's leaping and strutting about. The thing we all surely love about Mick though is that whether or not you either passionately love, hate, or are ambivalent about, his moves, at least he does exactly that ....... MOVE !!

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 24, 2005 14:43

The thing is he´s always overdoing it when filmed. Watch the ending Brown Sugar from Twickenham and many tracks from the Olympia show from the last tour. The shows I saw he was much more authentic and not forcing it.

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: July 24, 2005 14:49

I always have to laugh when I watch SFM opening moves from msg. Altough it is more sad then funny. Very forced. On the other hand there is msg-monkey man, where Mick moves with passion but isn't forced. He shoud drink half bottle of whiskey befor he runs on stage, it would be frenetic what he would do imo.

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 24, 2005 15:06

Date: July 24, 2005 15:45

billy? are you okay?

Date: July 24, 2005 16:17

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: July 24, 2005 16:49

You're joking, right? Mick has always been known as a "funny" dancer. It's one of his most universally-known traits.

I agree with Esky. His dancing has become quite forced these days. Sometimes I think he looks like Frankenstein's monster trying to negotiate through a minefield. Just awful.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Date: July 24, 2005 17:00

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 24, 2005 18:56

Billy, what are we supposed to be looking at?

Date: July 24, 2005 19:04

Date: July 24, 2005 19:47

you´re a cow billy.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 24, 2005 19:48

Mick's dancing seems more cold and forced in big stadium shows and during the first few numbers (although he and rest of the band make always make a great entrance). But there were some numbers during the Licks, No Security, and BTB tours that seem to bring out the dancer in him...If You Can't Rock Me, Stray Cat Blues, Out of Control, Mannish Boy, Tumbling Dice, You Got Me Rocking and with the maraccas on CYHMK...he tends up the ante and act these out...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 24, 2005 20:26

This is going back quite a long way, but if anyone has seen or got the movie "Lets spend the night together", then on the subject of Mick's dancing:

He's out on the wing of the stage on Ron's side and they're doing "Beast of Burden", and there are some absolutely priceless moves he makes as he's kind of heading back towards the the stage. He's got a hat on, that's something else I recall from memory - haven't watched it in a long time now. But those few seconds there will always stand out for me as Mick Jagger in total and utter perfect sync and harmony with what the band is playing - absolutely PERFECT !!

As for his dancing THESE days, as I said earlier, he's lost some of that fantastic fluidity that he used to exhibit. But guess what ? He's 62, and I guess the body just cannot and will not do at 62 what it was able to do in years gone by.

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: July 24, 2005 21:20

Micks always had those spastic type moves. He's not fluid, nor do I want him to be. That what sets Mick apart from all the pretenders.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: July 24, 2005 22:01

Mick's as stiff as a board.

Date: July 24, 2005 22:52

Paulywaul, I don't think it's a matter of what Mick CAN'T do due to lack of flexibility because he still works out with a dance coach. He is in great shape so I'd have to guess he tries not to repeat alot of his moves from one tour to the next; notice his locomotion moves of the '72 tour, the James Brown steps, he never does that anymore. Then in 1975, he started incorporating his Tai-Che karate moves because he was working out with a martial artist. He was leaping more in the 70's as well. I'd have to agree that he doesn't DANCE like he used to and I think we should ask him why!! During MONKEY MAN, as someone pointed out, he tends to cut loose and we can see glimmers of the old Mick steps! Let's see if the Stones read this board and start a post asking him to dance like he means it!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 24, 2005 22:59

tomstones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The thing is he´s always overdoing it when filmed.
> Watch the ending Brown Sugar from Twickenham and
> many tracks from the Olympia show from the last
> tour. The shows I saw he was much more authentic
> and not forcing it.

You're probably right about that. Also, if you're sitting up close at a stadium show, his moves are going to look ridiculously exaggerated because he's "projecting" to the people sitting a quarter of a mile away. I don't know why he feels he needs to do that. They can bring binoculars or just look at the big screens if they want to see him. And why does he feel he needs to cover every square inch of that enormous stage? Most of the time he's basically just power-walking from one side of the stage to the other. What purpose does that serve?

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: July 24, 2005 23:08

Jagger is a workout addict. He said in an interview for B2B that he could workout easily 24/7 but he can´t cause there´s always so much other things to do. But he use the time on stage to do some more workout.

Date: July 25, 2005 01:12

If Mick is addicted to his work outs, it's because his dad, a PE teacher in London, kept after him to exercise. His father Joe is over 90 and still looks like he's in good shape so I guess there are worse addictions!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 25, 2005 01:18

It's so bad if you can't get rid off the ghosts from the past...
But I'm sure, you understand this, babe.

Date: July 25, 2005 01:26

What I understand is that you are a total piece of work and that to BORE EVERYONE here would be wrong so I will not address you here again and it will become apparent WHO needs to grow up. I will start more interesting posts and I'm sure you will never be able to resist replying! That's my plan, to reveal you to everyone, in all of your unstable ways!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 25, 2005 01:40

You're so intelligent, grandma, I apologize *LOL*

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 25, 2005 03:44

Bluespeyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes I think he looks like
> Frankenstein's monster trying to negotiate through
> a minefield. Just awful.

That is one of the funniest messages I have ever read on IORR......hilarious!

Esky

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1137
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home