Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: It's Only Rock 'N Roll
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 11, 2015 07:31

I dismissed all albums that had a hard inner sleeve

Yeah well don't go collecting any Garbage 7"'s ......haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: May 11, 2015 11:41

stones2000
I just got this album off eBay, and it arrived yesterday. Man it's good! I mean, all their albums are really good, but this album truly has some really great songs on it. IORR, Luxury, Time Waits For No one, etc. I just think it's so good. Really underrated, I think. What do you all think?

I think on this board it is vastly overrated. Other than the title track nothing else stands out,their worst album of the 70's.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: May 11, 2015 18:49

I believe It's Only Rock N Roll gets lumped in with the studio albums before and after it as part of the Stones 1970s malaise. It is hard to argue against such an assessment though Stones fans will have quirky strong likes of stuff from 1973 to 1976 and I am no exception. For me, I really like the ballads, Luxury and Fingerprint File. The rockers are as generic as they come though not truly bad. Even the title track strikes me as a second to third tier Stones single.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:45

I think it's pretty good... I think someone said "Luxury" isn't very good, usually that is so but right now, it does sound pretty good. IT's just real different, it's called "Reggae" which I guess is probably corrrect....

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: May 12, 2015 01:10

stones2000
I just got this album off eBay, and it arrived yesterday. Man it's good! I mean, all their albums are really good, but this album truly has some really great songs on it. IORR, Luxury, Time Waits For No one, etc. I just think it's so good. Really underrated, I think. What do you all think?

I like it a lot. I dig the feel and the songs. It's not the beginning of a downward spiral like the naysayers say. Well, with the exception that it was Mick Taylor's last record. There's much to be appreciated on this album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 12, 2015 01:23

BroomWagon
I think it's pretty good... I think someone said "Luxury" isn't very good, usually that is so but right now, it does sound pretty good. IT's just real different, it's called "Reggae" which I guess is probably corrrect....

my woman need a new dress, my daughter got to go to school!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:52

love that song (luxury),shame it's so damn muddy. is there a EQed/cleaner version from Mickboy or somone?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home