Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Album called Neo con
Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: July 19, 2005 12:07

According to irelandonline Neo con is the title of the new album.....they are probably guessing but thats what it says.

Re: New Album called Neo con
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 19, 2005 12:10

I think theyve copied that article from contactmusic.com's piece

I would be very surprised if they named the album after a song that was left off it.

Plus the idea of that being the name of the tour as well is pretty ludicrous

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 19, 2005 12:18

There are some online newspaper with this story now. I don't believe they would title the album Neocon. There is one song about politics and it's rumoured not to be on the album, so dedicating the album title to politics would be rather strange! But the good thing about it is, that the album gets some media attention through this rumour!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-19 12:19 by Lorenz.

Posted by: welded ()
Date: July 19, 2005 12:27

The below is taken from NME.com...a few more facts and a possible release date...and no name confirmed.....

THE ROLLING STONES READY FIRST ALBUM IN EIGHT YEARS

THE ROLLING STONES are finalising plans for their studio album in eight years.

Expected to be released on September 5, it’s believed the band have recorded 18 tracks from which the final album will be selected.

The album was recorded in France during late 2004 and spring 2005 with producer Don Was. Mixing took place in Los Angeles earlier this summer.

Among the tracks being considered for the album is ’Neo-Con’, which is believed to be an attack on the politics of George Bush and the Republican administration.

Meanwhile other songs that may feature on the record include: ’Oh No, Not You Again’, ‘Back Of My Hand’, ‘She Saw Me Coming’, ‘Under The Radar’, ‘Look What The Cat Dragged In’, ‘This House Is Empty Without You’, ‘Walking Alone In The Rain’ and ‘You Drive Too Fast’.

The album, is the band’s first studio since 1997's ’Bridges To Babylon’, while ‘Oh No, Not You Again’ which the band performed live in May when they announced their forthcoming world tour in New York, is rumoured to be the first single.

As previously reported, the Rolling Stones kick off their world tour on August 21 in Boston, Massachusetts.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 19, 2005 12:31

Seems like they took all that from stonevikings.com and IORR.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 19, 2005 14:58

In this article nothing is said that the album is called neocon...

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 19, 2005 15:25

Another source:

[www.xfm.co.uk]

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 19, 2005 16:23

What happened to Manhattan Beach? Stonestorontogroup has a rough description of the stage

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 19, 2005 16:25

I don't believe this.

Manhattan Beach would be a better title than that. Even the once rumored Tip Of the Nipple, and Nothing Left (To Prove) would be.

Fitting to the On Stage working title of the tour would be the title Souled Out for both album and tour, with the first single maybe You Can Have the Money, Pal. But again that's just nonsense for laughs.

Most likely, the title will be one with religious connotations, because most of the previous album titles are from that area: Goddess in the doorway, Bridges To Babylon, Voodoo Lounge, Wandering Spirit, Their Sattanic Majesties Request.
Another field of connotations often mined by the Stones before is erotic (in some way): Forty Licks, Stripped, Some Girls, Between the Buttons, Sticky Fingers, Emotional Rescue, etc.
And there is the field of violence VS safety: No Security, Flashpoint, Black And Blue, Let It Bleed, etc.
And homelessness: Exile on Main St., Beggar's Banquet

So I think it's likely that the title of the new one has connotations to one of these areas.

By the way: What does Steel Wheels stand for?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 19, 2005 16:42

My guess is SW was inspired by Grandmaster Flash & the Wheels of Steel.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 19, 2005 17:16

What area do you put "Goats Head Soup" in??

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: July 19, 2005 17:21

Of course if it is a load of rubbish, they do not always give the album a song title......,,,it could still be "manhatten beach " or even "still out of our heads" or maybe "underneath the buttons"....I wonder if Ladbrokes or William Hill have opened a book on it?!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 19, 2005 17:23

I have absolutely no idea what kind of an absurdist dish a goat's head soup might be.
We might put it into a culinary pot with Forty Licks, though ;-)

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 19, 2005 17:47

Goat's head soup is a real dish.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 19, 2005 17:48

Goats Head Soup is right that what it means,

a very kind africanese or mediterrane dish:

Source: [www.cs.vu.nl]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home