Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What's the best venue on the Zip Code Tour?
Posted by: HoustonGirl ()
Date: April 17, 2015 01:48

Assuming I can travel anywhere and spend whatever amount is needed, which of the cities has the best venue?

Which city/date promises the best weather?

Which is going to be the BEST place to have seen the Stones this year?

Re: What's the best venue on the Zip Code Tour?
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 17, 2015 01:53

Milwaukee

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:08

The good seats at Milwaukee are the only ones on this tour that are covered in case of rain and it's the smallest venue with a better configuration than a sports stadium

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:12

DREAMTIME
The good seats at Milwaukee are the only ones on this tour that are covered in case of rain and it's the smallest venue with a better configuration than a sports stadium

Not to tout the virtues of AT&T/Cowboys stadium (too big for me but my only choice), but rain isn't a concern there, either.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:16

San Diego get's my vote. The venue is in a great location, the weather is almost always perfect, the Pacific ocean is very close by and there is lots to do outside of the concert, especially if you are into outdoor activities.

I've been to every other city on the tour except Quebec City so I can't speak for them, but many places on the list are hot and humid in the summer and don't have near as much to offer the out of town tourist, with the exception of Orlando, with it's Disney World, et al.

I'm sure other people will anxiously promote their own cities, but having been to most all of them, and not from any of them, San Diego is a no-brainer for me.

peace

Posted by: amc0547 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:18

Ditto that SD can't really be beat.

So happy they chose it over LA!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:20

Do em all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-17 07:08 by Leonioid.

Date: April 17, 2015 02:22

btw- Opening night is NEVER the best performance on a Stones tour.

I have seen many Stones opening nights and they dont even sweat it... they know it is a long tour and they are just getting going. It takes 5-6 shows for them to kick it into another gear.

Source- been there, seen this.

Date: April 17, 2015 02:27

Nikkei
Milwaukee

I second this... except for what I said about Indy,
IF you have the good seat. You don't wanna be on the lawn.

The small venue and date (well into the tour and they will be on fire) make this a great choice.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:37

The real best answer to this question is the secret club gig they will probably do in LA before the tour starts, or perhaps a Massey Hall gig when the tour ends!

Those will truly be the hot tickets.

peace

Date: April 17, 2015 02:41

Indeed, The real best answer to this question is the warm up gig they always do is some bar somewhere, but...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:42

Hopefully Buffalo will be the magic ticket. Next to last show on a Saturday night!!

Date: April 17, 2015 02:44

The trouble is you can't plan on those occasions. What if they skip it like they did on the last tour (and the one before)

Date: April 17, 2015 02:45

Nikkei
The trouble is you can't plan on those occasions. What if they skip it like they did on the last tour (and the one before)

That is the but... part :)

Date: April 17, 2015 02:51

If you have the option of hanging around the city they rehearse in, you would be stupid not to wait and hope it's gonna happen.
If you however have to fly over from Europe or something, you'd feel pretty stupid if it turns out that nothing happens.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:58

My money (at a reduced exchange rate) on's Quebec City.

Sure, it's going to be crowded (which venue isn't in your immediate area?).. but what a gorgeous setting and a different stage than all the other venues besides Milwaukee... I'm also going to San Diego.. so it will be interesting to see between the first and the last...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:01

Inside the stadium/arena, that's the best place to be, anywhere. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:49

Got to be Milwaukee for no other reason than it's not a stadium (my pet hate).

Date: April 17, 2015 03:55

Beast
Quebec City isn't a stadium either... just sayin'

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2015 04:19

MisterDDDD
Beast

Oops - should have included festivals as a pet hate, too tongue sticking out smiley

The bottom line in Milwaukee's favour (for me) is that it's the smallest venue thumbs up

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 17, 2015 04:43

Best venue? Dmay's kitchen and backyard. Good home-made food, cool desert night, punched up Sangria, an in ground pool still a tad too cool for Dmay but northern Europeans would probably like it. I cook up a mean Sheperd's Pie - ya hear me, Keith? And I promise no one will bust the crust.

Date: April 17, 2015 05:21

Beast
MisterDDDD
Beast

Oops - should have included festivals as a pet hate, too tongue sticking out smiley

The bottom line in Milwaukee's favour (for me) is that it's the smallest venue thumbs up

Fair enough.
I would counter that the opening Summer Fest will be more of a festival show than Quebec, although both qualify. In QC they are (as of now) the only band playing that stage that night, door at six, they take the stage at 9:30.. little different set-up. I think they both have potential to be "best of". And SAn Diego as well.

Posted by: sway76 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 05:30

if you can go to all shows-ok nothing better ifd not first or last show

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 17, 2015 05:59

HoustonGirl
Assuming I can travel anywhere and spend whatever amount is needed, which of the cities has the best venue?

Which city/date promises the best weather?

Which is going to be the BEST place to have seen the Stones this year?

Assuming I can travel anywhere and spend whatever amount is needed

Why not hit them all if you can spend whatever amount is needed.
And then rate each show and city...Sounds like a great summer project !!!

Also:
We do not know about this year yet because we are only 4 months in and only 15 have been announced...So it is a wait it out process...I would say Milwaukee as a venue is a Gemstone...However if you get within the first 5-10 rows it really will not matter what city you are in or what the summer weather will be....it has nothing to do with the show....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-17 06:02 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 17, 2015 06:40

Milwaukee is the ONLY acceptable venue on the tour. The rest are just tosh.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 17, 2015 07:02

It's 100% Milwaukee. Indy & Quebec will be flat and The Marcus Amphitheater is sloped (and on a Great Lake) and like Canada, your ticket includes the whole 10 day SummerFest!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 17, 2015 07:23

amc0547
Ditto that SD can't really be beat.

So happy they chose it over LA!

As a Los Angeles person, so am I....It's a great excuse to get out of town for a day or 2.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 07:27

I would agree with Milwaukee. An amphitheater built for music; near the beautiful Lake Michigan; 10 day summerfest pass; and midwesterners love to party and love rock 'n roll! It should be something special!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 17, 2015 13:21

MisterDDDD
...I would counter that the opening Summer Fest will be more of a festival show than Quebec, although both qualify. In QC they are (as of now) the only band playing that stage that night, door at six, they take the stage at 9:30.. little different set-up. I think they both have potential to be "best of". And SAn Diego as well.

The Stones are playing @ Marcus the day before Summerfest officially opens, so only Stones concertgoers will be there. There will be a couple of other bands playing (not on the main stage) during a pre-party for ticket holders from 5-7:30pm only - so not really a big festival atmosphere.

Whitem8,
I believe the ticket serves as a one day pass for the day of your choice. From the Summerfest website: "Each Stones concert ticket purchase comes with a complimentary General Admission to Summerfest 2015, valid on any day of the festival during operating hours."
link: [summerfest.com]

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 17, 2015 13:58

I'm very happy they are coming back to the South but none of the venues down here are very appealing. My two choices were Nashville and Atlanta. In the end I chose Lucky Dip for Atlanta. It will truly be lucky if it is not wet, hot or humid down there in early June. Part of the reason why I committed to the cheapest tickets. Meanwhile, the Georgia Dome sits there empty a couple of miles away. The only thing I see appealing about Georgia Tech is being on a campus, the Varsity is close by and the city skyline will be in the background during the show.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home