Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: In praise of Mick (J)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:24

Just caught the James Brown doco Mr Dynamite on Jagged Films
Mick helping out as one of the producers ... Well put tagether doco
mainly concentrating on Mr Brown's music and it's influence on others....Great effort Mick & co ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:37

Rockman
Just caught the James Brown doco Mr Dynamite on Jagged Films
Mick helping out as one of the producers ... Well put tagether doco
mainly concentrating on Mr Brown's music and it's influence on others....Great effort Mick & co ..

I understood it was made for HBO recently. I don't get any Cable TV anymore. How did you come about seeing it? Is it already for sale as a DVD or as a itunes/internet download?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:37

tauk
I've taken a lot of "screen shots" from youtube videos to capture that look of true happiness that comes across his eyes. I wish I knew how to post them on here. And I sure wish I ever could get close enough to a stage to see it in person like you have.

Posting pictures is easy Carolyn, you just have to copy them from your computer to some free internet picture hosting site like [imgur.com] or [tinypic.com] or [photobucket.com]

Once it is on the internet then post it here
by placing the image location between two brackets.
[ i m g ] image location [ / i m g ]

You can practice without uploading by using picture on the internet, like selecting a picture on this page [www.google.com] selct the pic, then view image and then right click to copy image location. then paste the image loaction between the brackets. It is a lot easier to do than write.

Another explaination is here [www.iorr.org]
scroll down to the official How to publish a picture on the IORR forum pages.

I post all that because you seem very nice and I would love to see your pictures

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:48

How did you come about seeing it?

Yeah Carolyn it's a HBO show and I guess a sister companion to Get On Up... Friend slipped it to me the other day didn't ask where he got it from ...
Well worth checking out if you get the chance, some great rare footage and a fair dose of talking head stuff from past members of the band

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 16, 2015 16:17

I've posted this before, but for those who haven't seen it...

Mick

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 16, 2015 20:30

Bliss
I've posted this before, but for those who haven't seen it...

Mick

He certainly helped create some of the best rock and roll songs in history

Date: April 17, 2015 02:26

Naturalust
I agree Mick is amazing and gives 100% every time. But he is a good actor and an excellent performer. I imagine he would have to be faking a bit to project genuine excitement while singing some of the tunes he has sang so many times before.

But that's what a good performer does, he is one of the best if not the very best. We will never know what he truly feels about the songs because his job is to project passion about all the music, and no one can accuse Mick of not doing his job. I'd bet his true passions are as complex and diverse as the man himself.

peace

Very well said: I bet his true passions are as complex and diverse as the man himself. That is really good.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 20, 2015 05:34

Bliss, Thank you for validating my statements that I think Mick Jagger's lyrics writing talent is usually overlooked. That link "Mick" you gave us above on this page, from The Observer, certainly says it better than I ever could.

I wish I could quote the entire article but that would be too long so here's just a fraction of the article for those who haven't read it yet:

From the observer.com:

Mick Jagger: Our Most Underrated Songwriter?
By Ron Rosenbaum | 12/10/01 12:00am

I would like to argue that Mick Jagger is our most underrated songwriter. Despite the millions and millions of words expended on Mick Jagger’s rock-star persona....

....despite–or because of–the millions and millions of words about Mick Jagger the celebrity , no one has done justice to Mick Jagger as a writer . A writer of brilliant, soulful, soaring, incantatory anthems, hymns to broken hearts (“Memory Motel”), broken spirits (“Wild Horses”) and fragmentary hopes for redemption (the incomparable “Sweet Virginia”). And let’s not forget, at this particular moment, that he’s one of the rare rock songwriters who has addressed the question of evil and apocalypse (“Sympathy for the Devil,” “Gimme Shelter”) in a sophisticated way.

War …it’s just a shot away, shot away, shot away

Love …it’s just a kiss away, kiss away, kiss away….

(By the way, has anyone ever compressed a deeper truth about human nature in two lines of a song?)

The article is a very good read for anyone interested in this topic.
Thanks again, Bliss.

Carolyn G

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 19:25 by tauk.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home