Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Copy protection
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 13, 2005 20:52

In some countries, Live Licks has this copy protection software on the disc, like all EMI / Virgin releases do these days. The new album probably will have it, too, at least in Europe and Japan. I don't know if the label dares doing it in America as well, though, for legal reasons.
Now I wonder whether you've had experiences of the unwanted kind with your Live Licks discs and your equipment, like car stereo or DVD player for example, as I hear those copy protected discs don't play on some equipment.
Please tell me. Thanks.

Re: Copy protection
Posted by: wawijr ()
Date: July 13, 2005 22:57

never had a problem
i have ripped them to mp3 and wav files
There have been stories about not being able to rip
but it never is a problem for me (for anything)

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 13, 2005 22:57

What's copy protection ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 14, 2005 09:21

I never understood this copy protection policiy - the only effect it has on me is, that it doesn't play on my stereo! So I have to burn the disc to CD-R...
And I never had problems ripping my copy protected CDs to my hard disk...no sign of copy protection! A step into the wrong direction again - doesn't prevent anyone from burning their CDs only causes problems with various steros, car hi-fi systems, etc

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 14, 2005 10:33

Does copy protection prevent a person from burning a copy of the CD-R copy perhaps?

Date: July 14, 2005 10:36

DGA35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does copy protection prevent a person from burning
> a copy of the CD-R copy perhaps?

You mean it protects the copy and not the original winking smiley
Well, if there's no possibility (as it seems) to protect the original CD, how difficult would it be to protect a copy of it?

(or were you just kidding?)

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: July 14, 2005 10:36

If you use programs like CloneCD, you can copy (clone) every CD (copyright or not) without any problems.
Cracks for the demo versions are around on the internet (but this is of course illegal). By the way, the other two programs (AnyDVD and CloneDVD) can do exactly the same for copying protected DVD's.

[www.slysoft.com]

Sjouke

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 14, 2005 11:21

What software do you use to rip CDs, mates? I used to rip them to mp3 with the dBpowerAMP Music Converter and it worked fine to me, but it's not free anymore. Any good substitute??

Thanks in advance

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: July 14, 2005 11:49

Bruno, I use the same and when I downloaded it a week ago it was still free!
Hopefully that hasn't changed!
What you could do is typing "open source cd ripper" into the google search, this will show you some good free programs!

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 14, 2005 12:07

Yep, Lorenz. It's free, but once you pass the trial time (30 days or so) you can still convert from one format to another (mp3 to wav and so on) but you can't rip from CD.

I'll do a little search...

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home