Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Countryman" Willie Nelson
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 13, 2005 18:55

I was wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of listening to this new cd yet and what you thought. I am really looking forward to buying this one, I'm just waiting for pay day. I'd post a link to one of the reviews (Calgarysun has a good one) but I don't have a clue how to do it. Cheers, cw

Re: "Countryman" Willie Nelson
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 13, 2005 19:12

Just found a cool site with a great review called the Reggae Movement.

Re: "Countryman" Willie Nelson
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 13, 2005 20:30

I haven't listened to the CD yet, but to the sound samples on amazon, and I like what I heard. It's pretty sunny music, at least sound-wise. I can't say anything about the lyrics because the sound samples are so short. To me, it sounds like the reggae experiment has worked out fine. I think I'll give the album a try later in the year.
They have this disc with a "clean" cover, too, that avoids the pic of the hemp leaf.
Instead, it features the island that was in the logo of Island Records, the label that this album originally was scheduled on in the late 90s, as the label got eaten up by Universal. How funny is that? ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home