Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Waiting to buy tickets - the stress and the fun
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 8, 2015 16:06

I think this is the most stressful bit of going to see the Stones - waiting for the ticket sales to start.

I'm here with 2 computers on, credit card. notes, scanning IORR for information etc.

at least I'm not at work as well!

Re: Waiting to buy tickets - the stress and the fun
Date: April 8, 2015 16:11

thecitadel
I think this is the most stressful bit of going to see the Stones - waiting for the ticket sales to start.

I'm here with 2 computers on, credit card. notes, scanning IORR for information etc.

at least I'm not at work as well!

Yes I feel the stress also!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 8, 2015 17:16

I am at work but I run my company. We drink bourbon in the afternoons and are a bit bohemian in terms of the way the office functions, standing desks, videogames in the lobby etc. At 11am I am getting several guys to help me search for tickets. We'll see what happens.

Remember that Ticketmaster WILL put a temporary ban in place if you refresh your browser a billion times. It happened to many people during the A Bigger Bang sales. The countdown clock helps quite a bit.

Above all, do not be discouraged by the first seats you pull, especially during the presale. If something great pops up today, I will pull the trigger. If not, I'll try all the other presales but bank on making a purchase during the general sale.

Maybe others have had a different experience but I have NEVER pulled good seats during the presale. Every presale seems to pull mediocre seats from any price range, whereas the general sale always seemed to pull good options.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: April 8, 2015 17:29

^^ This is good advice!

Just as another data point - the Amex 1-800 concierge line currently has a three hour hold time and has since last night. So don't bother trying that angle.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: April 8, 2015 17:31

I just had great luck on Ticketmaster for Columbus. System worked very smoothly. Got 2 tix in Sec26AA-Ronnies side, elevated right next to stage row 5. Also had options for but passed on Floor A row 30, Sec 26 row 26 and sec 10. All windows connected with good options. Tix were $400 each which seems very reasonable having paid much more for pit and similar quality tix last year. Also most good hockey tix at this price level or higher now. Im very happy with Ticketmaster options, seats and price. Im going to the show!

Instructions for drop down choices: fill in quantity, choose Amex Presale (no code needed) and Best Seats available. Then about a 2min que starts. Choosing 4 tix did not get results, choosing 2 tix with the above options connected each time.

Will try for Milwaukee, Nashville, Minnesota and KC on the next hour. Will go to all that I get good tix for.

Date: April 8, 2015 17:32

BTW, I didn't buy them but I did pull up some outstanding seats in Columbus. I didn't try the moment they went on sale since I can't make that gig, but it does look like they put some good seats out there for a good price. $40, very close upper deck, great seats. I am going for the closer/better seats for Nashville, but it is good news.

Date: April 8, 2015 17:58

Good luck! Also buying for Nashville but lower seated levels since I'm short and can't see unless I'm in the first three or four rows.

Edit: Well, as it turns out I got third row! Way off to one side (Ronnie's), but who cares. See y'all there! And I'll check in often to help out folks who may be visiting from time to time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 18:28 by tnhybrid.

Date: April 8, 2015 18:33

@tnhybrid - We just landed front of section A. Incredible. The is the first time a presale has paid off for me.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:49

flacnvinyl
@tnhybrid - We just landed front of section A. Incredible. The is the first time a presale has paid off for me.
as a vip package or for the 397.00 advertised price? Thanks

Date: April 8, 2015 18:57

OK, I admit there is much hosanna-ing and jumping up and down screaming in our household. This'll be one hell of a show - artists always play great gigs here since many of their peers will be in the audience. Stevie Wonder was incredible last night - played four hours! - now this?! smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley >grinning smiley<

Date: April 8, 2015 19:07

We did NOT do the VIP package. $347+TM BS fees.

Now the only thing is to see if they play a Chuck Berry tune.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:17

flacnvinyl
We did NOT do the VIP package. $347+TM BS fees.

Now the only thing is to see if they play a Chuck Berry tune.
Thanks for the answer I've been trying for Orlando since ten and if I don't do VIP pkg I get a message that says nothing available. Congrats on your good fortune I hope they play "Carol" for you!

Date: April 8, 2015 19:20

Sorry to be a wet blanket but bands performing here virtually always cover either Ring of Fire or Folsom Prison as their "classic Nashville" tribute. They're easy to play (with only three or so chords, so no rehearsal) and bands seem to think they make good background for the show finale when everyone comes out to say goodbye.

Don't know how you would get the word out that the local audience has seen those two songs a million times. The upside is you do get to hear the different takes on them - Springsteen did do a great 'Fire' last time he was in town.

(and as I type this I'm aware that last night Stevie Wonder played a fantastic 'Walking the Floor Over You' with India Arie. So nice to have something different for a change.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 19:23 by tnhybrid.

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:42

tnhybrid
Sorry to be a wet blanket but bands performing here virtually always cover either Ring of Fire or Folsom Prison as their "classic Nashville" tribute. They're easy to play (with only three or so chords, so no rehearsal) and bands seem to think they make good background for the show finale when everyone comes out to say goodbye.

Don't know how you would get the word out that the local audience has seen those two songs a million times. The upside is you do get to hear the different takes on them - Springsteen did do a great 'Fire' last time he was in town.

(and as I type this I'm aware that last night Stevie Wonder played a fantastic 'Walking the Floor Over You' with India Arie. So nice to have something different for a change.)

If they do anything unique in Nashville, I hope they do Country Honk in place of the traditional HTW. That would be special and easy enough for the Stones to do.

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:59

I have been trying to by lower level seats not on the floor all morning for Orlando. I am willing to pay the $397.00 but non have been available. The only thing I have been able to find in the lower bowl are Ruby VIP seats for $751.50.Has anyone else had any luck with lower level seats in Orlando?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home