Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

...But ...where are the new songs...!! ???
Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:20

....they remain in the can for future new album....compare with "Exile" or "some girls" it's a disappointment....

Re: ...But ...where are the new songs...!! ???
Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:23

They are all right there on the all New Sticky Fingers release 44 Years Old and sounding fresh as ever.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:25

Outtakes would have made this release awesome - only live tracks and alternate versions are a huger disappointment.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:36

Lynd8
Outtakes would have made this release awesome - only live tracks and alternate versions are a huger disappointment.

It has all been out there (good quality bootlegged) for many years...nothing new

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:14

I hear y'all say "nothing new," but to me, given how I have waited to hear Jack Flash and Live With Me from Leeds for 31 years - 2 all-time classic Stones' tracks performed at a peak of live abilities, I'd say we ARE getting something much better than some tracks that this band deemed unworthy of release 44 years ago.

I mean, some of the crap on the Exile bonus disc is just that - crap. Keith's guide vocal for Soul Survivor or a ripping JJF? Hmmmmmm.... I do appreciate hearing new things, but so much of the Exile disc sounded more 2009 than 1972. IM(not so)HO, they did us MUCH better with the SG bonus trax than Exile.

For Exile - where's the 19-minute Just Wanna See His Face? Where's the country stuff from Nellcote? Where's the stuff with Dr. John from the LA sessions? The whole Mono version of the LP?

But then again, that's just my 2 cents.....

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:23

Well I for one can't wait to hear the alternate Can't You Hear Me Knocking. But yeah, I would have loved to have gotten the entire mono album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:45

stonesstein
I hear y'all say "nothing new," but to me, given how I have waited to hear Jack Flash and Live With Me from Leeds for 31 years - 2 all-time classic Stones' tracks performed at a peak of live abilities, I'd say we ARE getting something much better than some tracks that this band deemed unworthy of release 44 years ago.

I mean, some of the crap on the Exile bonus disc is just that - crap. Keith's guide vocal for Soul Survivor or a ripping JJF? Hmmmmmm.... I do appreciate hearing new things, but so much of the Exile disc sounded more 2009 than 1972. IM(not so)HO, they did us MUCH better with the SG bonus trax than Exile.

For Exile - where's the 19-minute Just Wanna See His Face? Where's the country stuff from Nellcote? Where's the stuff with Dr. John from the LA sessions? The whole Mono version of the LP?

But then again, that's just my 2 cents.....

yeah, not really too sure what they're actually waiting for. if the material is there, just release it already.

Date: April 2, 2015 06:04

The Bonus songs have been around for years on the Black Box bootleg.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 2, 2015 06:15

I think all that stuff is slated for the 50th anniversary super deluxe editions of EOMS and SF in 2021-22! It's just gotta be, right? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 2, 2015 06:29

I too am very disappointed that there isn't a disc of 'new' material. Maybe they weren't all winners, but if you combine the good cuts from Exile and Some Girls you've got a decent album's worth of material. Maybe Mick got bored or lazy. But I will indeed be looking forward to a complete, hopefully good sounding, Live at Leeds. I'm not familiar with the Roundhouse material. Any good? The Marquee just isn't a good performance, so who cares?

And as for 'alternate takes', please. Those are the ones they nixed as not good enough. It's like those DVD bonuses with cut scenes. There's a reason they were cut!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home