Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

FAITHFULL QUITS MOVIE AFTER HEART ATTACK
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 11, 2005 20:25

[www.contactmusic.com]

FAITHFULL QUITS MOVIE AFTER HEART ATTACK

British rocker MARIANNE FAITHFULL is devastated doctors ordered her to pull out of new movie THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY - after she suffered a recent heart attack.

The 58-year-old singer was thrilled she'd won the lead role as countess in the movie adaptation of OSCAR WILDE's celebrated morality tale.

But she had to quit the film just before filming was due to start, after she was rushed to hospital with severe chest pains.

Faithfull's manager and boyfriend FRANCOIS RAVARD tells gossip website PageSix.Com, "Marianne really wanted to do it but had to pull out at the last moment. She had a slight heart attack, but she's fine now."

The health scare has finally prompted Faithfull to stop smoking her trademark cigarettes.

11/07/2005 01:52

Re: FAITHFULL QUITS MOVIE AFTER HEART ATTACK
Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: July 12, 2005 01:14

Of course, I wish her all the best.

Let me add, I like Marianne, her voice and the Stones connection, her triumph over her demons, etc.

BUT, more often than not, Marianne pulls out of a project, for health reasons usually. She has done this almost since day one, in plays, movies, etc. It's documented on a website for her, it may be her website, I'll look for it later. I remember the "peritonitis" health scare, she had, (which is deadly, true) long ago, and "dropping out," but there are many such instances over the years too.

She did complete the Metallica video, which was interesting tho, and her albums.

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-12 01:15 by LISMM63.

Date: July 12, 2005 08:08

Have another cigarette, Evelyn...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: July 12, 2005 14:02

This is very worrying news. I know she seems invincible after surviving all the crap she's been through but she's getting on a bit now and it's harder to rebound after a certain age. I must admit LISMM63, when she cancelled the second half of last year's tour due to "exhaustion" I was a little dubious and thought she might have just been getting lazy or back on the smack but this attack suggests she really has been under too much stress.

I remember the peritonitis scare in '75 and numerous collapses in public places. She once zoned out and fell face first in her food at some posh dinner party, embarrassing Mick. Then there was the time she walked through a plate glass window. She came very close to meeting her maker after OD'ing in the late 80's which Loog Oldham describes graphically in 2Stoned & she ended up needing her jaw wired up for months. She pulled out of the play 'The Rainmaker' in about '74 which I was looking forward to supposedly for health reasons but was probably down to the H.

Did anyone catch her rescheduled London show by the way in early June? How was she as the last album is fantastic?

Posted by: Klaus ()
Date: July 12, 2005 15:18

She gave a concert in Munich last saturday and was singing great, but moved very slowly and carefully. But it seems she was in a very good mood -- and also smoked two or three cigarettes on the stage. Two songs from the setlist were As Tears Go By and Sister Morphine. - But I think the concert i saw last year in Berlin was much better - also better audience and better venue.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 13, 2005 12:43

This information sourced from a GOSSIP website with Marianne saying yesterday if she just had a heart attack why is she on tour at the moment.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 13, 2005 13:17

she's completely denied the rumour in today's press

saying she's too busy to have even a small heart attack!

bless her

Re Gram Parsons DVD
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 13, 2005 13:30

Wrong topic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-13 13:36 by Rockman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home