Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:35

alieb
a group of 20 must have booked the rally bus... reservation list went from 6 to 26 in a day

Is it leaving from NYC? If yes, can you tell me how to contact the company? Thanks.

Posted by: HammersLot ()
Date: June 18, 2015 01:48

mickschix
Hey Buffalo 7478, I stayed at a small motel in Orchard Park on August 8 & 9, 1975 when the Stones added on this last show on their American leg of that tour. What is the name of that small motor court? I could walk easily from the motel to the stadium...like a 3 minute walk!! I hope it's still there! This may be a dumb question because there may be more than ONE motel on that stretch of highway! Thought I'd ask!
Twin Oaks or The Carpet Inn or The La Galleria ?

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 18, 2015 03:39

HammersLot
mickschix
Hey Buffalo 7478, I stayed at a small motel in Orchard Park on August 8 & 9, 1975 when the Stones added on this last show on their American leg of that tour. What is the name of that small motor court? I could walk easily from the motel to the stadium...like a 3 minute walk!! I hope it's still there! This may be a dumb question because there may be more than ONE motel on that stretch of highway! Thought I'd ask!
Twin Oaks or The Carpet Inn or The La Galleria ?

Better off sleeping outside.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 18, 2015 06:41

steffialicia
alieb
a group of 20 must have booked the rally bus... reservation list went from 6 to 26 in a day

Is it leaving from NYC? If yes, can you tell me how to contact the company? Thanks.

nope it's leaving from the Buffalo greyhound station...sorry!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:40

Thanks anyway

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 20, 2015 08:30

OK Buffalo. Looks like this Texas boy is gonna take in his second show of this tour in your fair city. So where is a decent moderately priced hotel to stay in proximity to the stadium? And where is some good Italian food in the city? This will be my 15th Stones show dating back to 1975.

Posted by: anne ()
Date: June 20, 2015 13:16

I can not find a connection from toronto to buffalo orchard park with rally bus!
Does anybody know something from rally bus, a connectoin from toronto to the stones show in orchard park ?

Thank you!

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 15:52

751st
OK Buffalo. Looks like this Texas boy is gonna take in his second show of this tour in your fair city. So where is a decent moderately priced hotel to stay in proximity to the stadium? And where is some good Italian food in the city? This will be my 15th Stones show dating back to 1975.

If you're looking to stay downtown, this is literally the only one with rooms for Friday and Saturday: [www.hotels.com]

Keep in mind the stadium is 15-20 min south in a nice suburb, but there are no rooms anywhere. You'll need a cab or to catch a ride from another IORR traveler.

Italian restaurant: about 10 min south of the city, Mulberry. Downtown, Chef's restaurant is great too.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 20, 2015 16:31

anne
I can not find a connection from toronto to buffalo orchard park with rally bus!
Does anybody know something from rally bus, a connectoin from toronto to the stones show in orchard park ?

Thank you!

You can take a Megabus to the station and catch the rally bus there. The rally bus will pick you up at the Buffalo greyhound station, which is where the megabus docks. There are two megabuses leaving that day from T.O. , one that gets there at 10 and one that gets there at 6:15.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 16:32 by alieb.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 20, 2015 16:50

I'm staying out by the airport. Looks like the rally bus also picks up at the mall nearby in Cheekotowga (sp)?

Posted by: dholly ()
Date: June 20, 2015 17:02

Father's Day... when it rains, it pours!
Now have 2 sets of tix but can't keep both. Looking for input on best view / value please.

Section A Row 22 (Aisle) Seat 1,2 US $420.15 x 2
-or-
Section 113 (Front) Row 1 US $819.11 x 2

Thnx smileys with beer

Date: June 22, 2015 00:30

C'mon, someone has to be familiar with this stadium and the stage setup. I read some floor and side section seats have obstructed views due to large monitor placement, not sure if true and to what extent in this particular stadium. Can anyone shed some light for me regarding the seat locations I posted please?

Date: June 22, 2015 02:17

dholly
C'mon, someone has to be familiar with this stadium and the stage setup. I read some floor and side section seats have obstructed views due to large monitor placement, not sure if true and to what extent in this particular stadium. Can anyone shed some light for me regarding the seat locations I posted please?

just look at the ticketmaster seating cart

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 22, 2015 04:04

Section 113 is what I would pick.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 05:26

HammersLot
I can help out with tailgating/gathering as I own property next to Ralph Wilson Stadium.I open a lot earlier than the stadium lots which does Disney style parking (no reserved parking. I do not do Disney style parking in fact depending upon interest I can hold 30-40 spots for tailgating in one of my lots which are a short and safe 3 minute walk to Ralph Wilson Stadium.I will not release anymore info until I get approval from the powers of this board which I sent a email to and am waiting for a reply.

Do you still have spots available? Price? I just need one spot. Thanks!

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:09

Having read all 10 pages of this thread I don't see many options to get from the hotels to the stadium and back to the hotel.
Are there any hotels that offer shuttles to stadium events?
Or, is the best option just to find someone at the same hotel and split a taxi.
Any suggestions on getting around?

Posted by: shelter ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:09

Hotels near Buffalo Niagara International Airport to Ralph Wilson Stadium :

Yes the Rally Bus from the Walden Galleria mall (near JC Penney) in Cheektowaga (not far from the airport) is confirmed and there are 33 more seats available.

The airport hotels often provide complimentary shuttle, so i think they could deserve the mall (depart 6.15 pm), but for the arrival at 12.45 am at the mall, i don't know yet how to go back to my hotel...

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:35

That's exactly what I am running into. Getting to the stadium is easy. Its getting back to the hotel after the concert.

Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 ticket for sale
Posted by: loochie ()
Date: June 23, 2015 06:04

still available...

Date: June 23, 2015 10:09

RockinJive
dholly

just look at the ticketmaster seating cart

Thanks but the TM chart doesn't show all view obstructions and many have commented that the viewing angles shown for certain venues was not representative, or even close, for that matter. Particular issue is how much of the stage depth is blotted out due to the video monitors and speakers on the side of the stage, as every concert is set up differently in each venue. Read about the problems in Columbus when changes were made to the stage setup. Some sections completely blotted out!

Date: June 23, 2015 10:18

Thanks Kurt. I'm leaning toward Section 113 but those Platinum seats cost more than my mortgage payment. confused smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:58

113 should be fine, I'm in 132 which is directly opposite. 112 or 131 look like undesirable sections with some obstructions. Platinum, not these sections.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 24, 2015 01:55

Christopher
Having read all 10 pages of this thread I don't see many options to get from the hotels to the stadium and back to the hotel.
Are there any hotels that offer shuttles to stadium events?
Or, is the best option just to find someone at the same hotel and split a taxi.
Any suggestions on getting around?

The stadium is out in the suburbs, on the edge of rural. If the Stones tour in 2022 we may have a stadium in downtown Buffalo, but right now it is about 20 miles south of downtown. Fr most of the last 40 years the stadium has been used 10-13 times a your for professional and high school football games. Not much else. As a result, very little has built up around it. The few little hotels within walking distance are pretty bare bones, places where you would want to sleep on top of the covers and might feel dirty after a shower, and still booked up instantly for this show, at incredibly jacked-up prices.

Looking on Hotels.com there is very little hotel space left for the night of July 11. I did not try the night before. But what is left on the site is mostly at hugely marked-up pricing. Most are cheap/beat-up motels that would charge $49 a night but some are charging $300 or more on that date. I wish I had better ideas for you.

AirBNB.com might be a better option for a room. I have used them in Toronto and it was a great service. They show several vacancies in Buffalo that weekend.

Buffalo was a steel-town and automobile manufacturing is still huge here. People prefer to drive. I would recommend renting a car over taking a cab or public transport. Get out to the stadium by 2 pm and tailgate - which is what the stadium is known for.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 24, 2015 02:31

Thanks HAMMERSLOT! I think it may have been TWIN OAKS Motel..is that STILL open? Someone said it would be better to sleep OUTSIDE! Funny..no doubt true! But you can literally walk to the stadium in 10 minutes or less!

Date: June 24, 2015 15:05

I would warn on a place called 'The Stadium View Inn'.

First, you can't view the stadium from it as it is a couple miles away on a 5 lane road - not very walkable. Second, most 'guests' are indigent, put up by government programs...and will it is nice they have a roof over their head, it is a pretty decrepit place.

Another warning on Orchard Park Inn, which is on the same street, and a few miles from the stadium.

If you are staying in either place you probably will need a car to drive to/from the stadium. And if you have a car at your disposal, and you want to stay somewhere clean and near things to do (like shopping or even restaurants) these two hotels are not the places you want to be.

Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:33

Have we decided on a meet-up spot for pre-show? Duff's in OP, despite warnings from earlier posters?

Date: June 25, 2015 05:37

mickjackett
Have we decided on a meet-up spot for pre-show? Duff's in OP, despite warnings from earlier posters?

Skip Duff's. The football games at this stadium are known for tailgating - getting out there hours early, with a cooler full of your favorite beverages, munchies and maybe something to throw on the grill and commune with the other fans. I am sure it will be a similar experience for this show.

Hammer, who posts on this board, has a parking lot that will be open early in the day, right across the street from the stadium. I believe he is trying to organize some festivities. Check back here!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 25, 2015 06:04

F the tailgating. just go see the show.

Date: June 25, 2015 06:06

More Hot Rocks

I agree. this isn't a Bills game. This is the best band in the world.

Date: June 25, 2015 16:32

RockinJive
More Hot Rocks

I agree. this isn't a Bills game. This is the best band in the world.

Great band. Have seen them many many times. But they are more of an 'event' now and have been for some time. The set may contain 2 songs max that I have not heard them do several times before (and often better when Keith actually played rhythm guitar like a man on a mission in the 70s), and for a fraction of the price I am paying this tour for a stadium show. They haven't released a great album since Tattoo You, and that was mostly outtakes.

I grew up on the Stones. The classic period from 1969-73 was maybe the best by any rock band, as they were writing and performing everything from country to gospel to @#$%& to blistering rock-n-roll to making political and social statements. I once could argue they were the greatest band in the world, but that ended long ago..too many rough shows, even seeing them get blown off the stage by at least 3 other bands at Sarsfest was rough.

But they will play 17 or 18 songs for around 100 minutes. The guitars will be louder in the mix than in the past several tours. I get to hear Karl channeling Bobby. But in general, this is a nostalgia show for me.

Comfortable music (it stopped being daring or edgy decades ago). I will love it when Keith remembers how to play the opening chords of songs correctly, and cringe when he misses and enjoy Ronnie's improvement with his sobriety.

No new ground going to be broken. Just a fun day with a great band from my youth. And I plan on making a day of it. Being out there early, enjoying time with friends, who like me, got into the Stones in our youth, attracted by the edgier image they projected than the clean cut Beatles.

I hope to enjoy most of the songs (but will use Keith's set and Miss You for beer breaks). Hope they don't butcher Satisfaction and leave laughing with my friends after a day-long party capped by hearing some great songs.

The Stones were a touring party. That day will be a 12+ hour party for the people I am going with, in our home town (instead of having to travel to Toronto, Syracuse, Cleveland or NYC) which we are thrilled about.

But try to enjoy Duff's. Enjoy the show. Everyone on here has a different perspective on the band, were drawn by different things, and have stayed attached for different reasons....which makes this board cool.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home