Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Pittsburgh PA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 2, 2015 02:25

The night before Imagine Dragons is playing at the hockey arena, who knows if that will still happen as it looks like they haven't sold more than 2,000 tickets.

Posted by: dropped ()
Date: April 2, 2015 07:49

rockdoc8885
Priory is nice, neighborhood is not so much.

Hyde Park is very nice for nice dinner. Jerome Bettis's Bus 36 is next to Heinz Field and is decent for burgers and sandwiches, but will be crowded. If you plan to eat after the show, think about Pittsburgh's specialty, Primanti Brothers, especially those staying on the South Side.

The Priory is nice but the neighborhood is a dicey walk- I used to live in this neighborhood. downtown is better.

If you are planning on taking the T it is very safe but times can be a it off. give yourself extra time. I will probably go down this way from Mt.Lebanon.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 2, 2015 18:46

rockdoc8885
Priory is nice, neighborhood is not so much.

Hyde Park is very nice for nice dinner. Jerome Bettis's Bus 36 is next to Heinz Field and is decent for burgers and sandwiches, but will be crowded. If you plan to eat after the show, think about Pittsburgh's specialty, Primanti Brothers, especially those staying on the South Side.

Made a reservation at Pittsburgh City Center. More $$$ but at least I feel safer.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 19:09

trainarollin
The night before Imagine Dragons is playing at the hockey arena, who knows if that will still happen as it looks like they haven't sold more than 2,000 tickets.

What is imagine dragons?!

Date: April 3, 2015 08:16

The Hotel I suggested on page one is a block away from the underground transportation system known as the "T. I believe that one of the stops it makes is on the North Shore and that transit stop is about 50 yards from the stadium. Probably a $3.00 ride. You would need to see if the "T" goes from the Mt. Lebanon Station to North Shore. Probably a 30 minute trip.

Posted by: PittsburghJoe ()
Date: April 3, 2015 15:57

The T does run from Mt.Lebanon directly to the North Shore. Heinz Field is the last stop on the line.

Date: April 3, 2015 22:49

Considering that the major highways will be under construction and tunnels probably closed during the weekend, public transportation is probably the best way to go.

Date: April 4, 2015 06:00

alhavu1
trainarollin

What is imagine dragons?!

A fairly new band.

Date: April 5, 2015 01:23

Ginger Baker formally of The Cream, will be in Pittsburgh the same night for a 9pm show at a venue about a half mile from the Stadium. In case you lose your Stones tickets, there is now a Plan B.

[trustarts.culturaldistrict.org]

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 5, 2015 10:38

I have 2 spaces available in new car rental from Nashville to Pittsburgh and/or Pittsburgh to Milwaukee. Send a message if interested...

Posted by: phillies1222 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 00:18

Does anyone know the prices by section? Also, will they have the "lottery" tickets again?

Raise your glass to the good and the evil, Let's drink to the salt of the earth.

Posted by: suesclues ()
Date: April 7, 2015 09:49

Great question, Phillies 1222. Any info on ticket sales appreciated.

Plus if coming from out of town don't forget to download the Pgh Uber app. Safe, cheap way to get around and they are reliable.

Booked our hotel room at the Renaissance three wks ago because everything else closer was already full. Pricey, but might be where the Stones are staying, Was in 2005.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 7, 2015 12:35

I like the Renaissance. Hope you have a good time there.

Posted by: suesclues ()
Date: April 8, 2015 08:58

Thanks, MingSubu! Much appreciated.

Good Luck to everyone trying for tickets, on Wednesday.

Date: April 8, 2015 15:59

Anyone know the Pittsburgh VIP Package prices?

I want a ticket very close to the stage. Wondering if I should bite the bullet and get a VIP Package, or wait for the general sale?

Posted by: coalspeak ()
Date: April 8, 2015 16:30

my 2 cents....I'd play it safe - see what you can get in the pre-sale or gen public sale instead of waiting.

Date: April 8, 2015 16:34

I'm usually not picky about my seats. As long as I'm in the building then I'm happy.

The Pittsburgh concert is going to be a special one for me. So I want nice seats. Also the peace of mind knowing I have tickets, etc.

Posted by: wilsoncrow ()
Date: April 8, 2015 17:16

I got four in section 216. Club level!

Posted by: coalspeak ()
Date: April 8, 2015 17:27

whew - I got section F11 section but what stress - the password for the AM Exp code I thought was the 800# on back...it wasn't! Had to have a temp password emailed to me - thankfully I'm in..but come on!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 17:54

Section 109 row W - HAPPY

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:39

Got our tickets, section 214! Lets plan to meet up!

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:45

Wow! These seats are expensive. Sorry if mentioned earlier on this thread or another, but all lower level seats in the back are nearly $190 with all of the fees. In Buffalo, all lower level seats were in the range of $400, I guess because of the proximity of Toronto fans.

Not surprised though. With these markets being much smaller than two years ago, in a stadium instead of an arena and pretty close to the same price, I would be surprised if the entire stadium sold out WITHOUT a price reduction for some seats at some point.

Did anyone pay nearly $400 for a seat?

Custom 55, best seats I've seen here are yours at this show. Hope you didn't get burned for nearly 4 bills. I have lower bowl seats and club level seats closer to the back and they were $190 with the Ticketbastard bribe

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:55

Four together in section 134, 25 rows up. Basically the 50 yard line. It took a few whacks but there they were!

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:58

I paid 400 each for columbus in section 25aa as they were the closest section to the stage off the floor by 8 rows. I was very hesitent to pull the trigger at that price as I think I can get better, cheaper as this goes on, but I'm going to buffalo, pitt and orlando as well, so I'll indeed see if I can get better cheaper. Crazy that teh second section in milwaukee is only 275 when compared to the stadiums

Posted by: Dman51 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:58

Back field 7, pretty slim pre-sale selection as always waited a bit and found these but I'm assuming they'll be some generous sized screens.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:14

all kinds coming up for this show now

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:34

Paid an outrageous amount but I'm old, thrilled and in row 1!!!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo!!!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:34

Just happy I get to take my wife to her first Stones show!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: Pittsburgh PA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:46

So did we! Went for it. What section? We're F4...Rock on!
see you there!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: Pittsburgh PA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:48

John&Trish
So did we! Went for it. What section? We're F4...Rock on!
see you there!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Row 1

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home