Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones will have "empty" stadiums
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 9, 2005 21:49

I hope that their ticket-prizes in Europe are much cheaper. if not--I am sure--the big stadiums will be half full. I have 4 Children, all really like their music and their LIVE-performances, but they said--if the prize for one ticket in a stadium will cost more than 110 Euro they wouldnt go. In germany 2006 is the World cup in Soccer---and they save their money for this----and so will do millions of europeans.

I remember my first Stones concert in Cologne 1970----8 Euro.

i know, i know--the times have changed, but nowadays its far too much.

even on their last tour they needed "great" warm ups like Ac/DC or "böhse onkelz
to fill the stadiums in Germany.
-----and so---all the great Stones history will end in "empty Stadium-shows, cause the rolling Stones will loose their young Audience.

Maybe there will come a fantastic new album this year---it doesnt matter.
They are a live-Band

Re: Stones will have "empty" stadiums
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 9, 2005 22:01

agree,, in 02 in usa phila veterans stad. which has been torn down..they sold 39,000 tics,, place holds 55,000 place was little more than half full....they were great thou..i think if ya hit 1 of those shows thats about half full ,,,the stones will kick it up a notch ,,like they do when they play outdoors in the rain...there always great in the rain..

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 9, 2005 22:06

I am in total agreement with Havo. Can' t anybody tell the Stones to cut the ticket prices by half. I feel even more frustated and angered by the fact that U2 will tonigt and tomorrow fill the Stade de france in Paris: 80 000 x 2 audience.Empty Stadiums for the Stones. Youngs having not the possibility for once in their lives to listen to the greatest R&R band . Shame on us if us fans can't have our voices be heard. The Stones have enough money. Leave with grace and honour. I from time to time check on Ticke masters. Only half of the dates are supposedly sold out. Our boys have not been able to sell out 2 Giants Stadiums or 2 Soldier Fields or even attepmted to fill a stadium in Texas.
Where are we !!!! Even if the next CD is to be great and pure Mick & Keith. Charlie tell them they are mad somewhere.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: July 9, 2005 22:34

I thinks it's safe to say If tix don't sell or if they have half empty stadiums or areana's(I doubt it) then they will cancel shows and this may in fact be their last tour as their drawing power may have evaporated.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 9, 2005 22:34

Yes, I totally agree with you, Havo. And I remember Cologne 1982: they had BAP - a very famous and upcoming band in these days - as one of the supporting acts to fill the stadium.
May be $ir Mick & the "boys" will learn something from half empty locations.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 9, 2005 22:35

You know what I think it is with the ticket prices? It might not even be greed. I think it's this thing about being top dog. That is why Keith is also going along with the big $ idea. Most xpensive tickets = biggest band, most royal of all royals. If U2 charges $100, the Stones gotta chanrge $150. Maybe it's just that simple. If everyone, everyone came down 50 bucks the Stones could allow themselves to come down too.
The Stones have lost something major since 89: the courage, the balls to be the first, or to be different. To be a trendsetter. They always set the tone for so many slants. And actually I believe other acts would like to follow the Stones. No one denies them this rank as king of drugs, baddest dog in the pound, the biggest dick in the locker room. Now they are ever so careful. They have these gigantic sponsors, and they probably have to appease them.
ah the days when Jagger would drop a 45 of "@#$%& Blues" in the labels lap.

Date: July 9, 2005 22:50

on the other hand they do carry an expensive show,,,on licks stadium shows the sound system cost 3 mil.& the screen was 5 million..add to that stage , lights ,b-stage ,pyrotecnics.. lisa & chuck + horn section...hey its almost a good buy..... im goin to @ least 3 shows

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 9, 2005 22:52

Agree w/ Chelseadrugstore about why the tickets are so much. There was an anecdote somewhere in which Charlie gets a massage, asks the woman how much? she says, oh nothing, Charlie says You have to charge money or people wont think youre good, they wont take you seriously, then gives her $$$. The ticket thing is partly that attitude, taken to a self-destructive degree (alienating potential younger fans). It's been annoying this quite poor boy since the return to arenas (NS) in '99.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: July 9, 2005 22:59

Seems to me over the past 20 years it's more about the business(tix prices, merchandise, fee paid web sites) instead of the music.

It's not just the Stones, everyone out there has the cha ching of the cash register and lined pockets on their minds. True, there are a LOT of corporate sponsers for tours these days. If I'm not mistaken, General Motors was a silent corporate sponser during the '72 tour.

Can you imagine (assuming they were all still alive) a Beatles reunion tour? The sky would be the limit for ticket prices. If it could happen, $500 ticket prices would be the benchmark and the merchandise would reap additional profits. Hell, and if a new album were in the mix the profit margin would never be matched by ANY band playing today.

Date: July 9, 2005 23:00

Cant aggree---chippy

Sure---we all like the stones and their music here on this board.

Sure--its still for me the greatest rockn RollBand

------but they loose their young audience,.. Thousands of them would like to see them---but they really dont have so much money

Date: July 10, 2005 02:38

when i first saw the steel wheels stage i almost shit my pants,,,that alone was worth the price of addmission....this 1 supposed to be biggest ever....im not pushin stones,, but i no 1 thing they always go BIG

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 10, 2005 13:11

what phd said about young people having no chance to see the Stones is exactly right. I know so many people between 15 and 30 that would go to a Stones concert anytime. But because the prices are so high, they better go and watch five concerts instead of one Stones show. Of course these shows can´t be compared. But it is very understandable. Same with my friends: Every tour they say "We wanna see them once in a lifetime". But when they see the ticket prices they are turned off.

The fact is: The high ticket prices keep away possible new fans.

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: July 10, 2005 13:57

As I've stated before, I will not see the Stones again in a stadium and will refuse to spend more than $150 to see them in an arena or theater. After all,it's not like it's been 10 years since they've toured. They've toured almost non-stop for the past 10! I have shelled out enough of my hard-earned $$ to see them and line their pockets. I believe they owe it to me and all the other fans who have been supporting then for the past 35 years to do shows MAINLY in theaters for no more than $50. Forget the big stage and just play the music. That way it can be done.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 10, 2005 13:58

None of my family or friends will attend next year because of prices.

I took my wife and kids to the bagain SECC shows last time -£65 GA ! in smallish hall,but I won't be paying £1000 for 4 tickets to Wembley (I'm not sitting in nosebleeds) - NO F**KING WAY !

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 10, 2005 21:01

Empty stadiums? Well stadiums they filled once had 70 - 80 -90.000 capacity. Now they play 30 - 40.000 seater baseball venues to say "Stadium sold out". That´s a shame.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: July 10, 2005 21:29

Hopefully they will put out a good record and that will help filling the stadiums, if not they might have a hard landing on this one...

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 10, 2005 23:29

Or maybe in Europe they bring in top acts as their support. When their German tour 2003 sold slowly, they hired AC/DC. Nearly half of the crowd came because of AC/DC. I remember seeing three shows standing between ugly drunken AC/DC fans who were putting the Stones down - until Rock Me Baby, that satisfied them.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: July 10, 2005 23:33

I saw that in Detroit you can buy tickets for 95 USD - what's the problem... how are the Stones reacting on this????

Date: July 10, 2005 23:35

well, i live in Germany, Most of the Stadiums here have a capacity between 50000-80000. (Berlin, Dortmund. Cologne, Gelsenkirchen, Gladbach, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Nürnberg, Munich and so on...). Stones will never fill these stadiums in 2006.

Because of their ticket--prizes and because of very much concerts here since 1982-not 720000 want to hear Start me up--Td--B.S. again.

Half-full Stadiums----Thats the End of THE ROLLING STONES

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: July 10, 2005 23:39

They will have to make very good album and then especially Keith and Ronnie need to play very well guitar every night to get audience back.... if not, there will be empty stadiums..... people don't want to pay 100 usd or more to see Keith and Ronnie drunk on stage and that would be a sad end of the STones time...

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 10, 2005 23:41

Well, it seems the revolution has begun-- I tried for tickets in Columbus OH, only to be notified that $160 tickets ( with a LIMITED VIEW) were available. Screw this-- the Stones and their management have succeeded in reaching the toleration level for their fans--we ain't gonna take it.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 10, 2005 23:57

OK, it's obvious that in the USA the Stones ticket prices are high. I have to admit that's a PROBLEM. But the prices for their concerts in Europe are always reasonable, atleast when they play stadiums.

Too tough says
"Stadiums they filled once had 70 - 80 -90.000 capacity. Now they play 30 - 40.000 seater baseball venues to say "Stadium sold out". That´s a shame."

Probably you mean in the USA, because in Europe they play and huger stadiums. Why is that "a shame"? In the USA U2 play ONLY arenas, not stadiums, even with mutch more cheaper tickets. And they already have in their pocket the promotion of their new's album realise.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 11, 2005 01:26

Don't post crap like this

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 11, 2005 08:02

The Stones will choose very wisely which Stadiums they are going to play in Europe next year. When the World Soccer Cup in France was at the same time as the Tour they cancelled most of the French shows as they would not sell any tickets. To me it is clear that they will go back to arena type shows also in Europe. Germany has now got some pretty good ones which I think will make it even if the Stones will charge more than 100 Euros. And by the way if you make it down South or way up North (NOT UK) the tickets are cheaper than in Germany. Don't forget that the ticketing (surcharges) in Germany have been sky high on the last tour. So what's up with the ticket prices when you do everything on the computer and you pay 16 Euro or something extra for the ticket tax or so....

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: July 11, 2005 08:25

i think reference to seeing KR and RW on stage drunk is a bit rich

I'm a necessary talent behind ev'ry rock and roll band
I'm sharp...

Posted by: jude ()
Date: July 11, 2005 09:12

Barcelona 1976 : 5.4 euro

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 11, 2005 09:36

....and U2 tickets are much cheaper. You name it, stickydion.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 11, 2005 12:58

The shows cost nothing to put on because the tour sponsor coughs up $40 million and that covers the costs, every thing else is profit.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 11, 2005 14:59

stickydion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Too tough says
> Probably you mean in the USA, because in Europe
> they play and huger stadiums.

Well, read properly: I don´t know just one baseball stadium in Germany/Europe.

And a shame is that it´s their own fault/greediness to risk to play in not sold out venues.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: July 12, 2005 00:05

It is not true that U2 tix are cheaper. Stones in Vienna cost about 80EUR FoS in 2003, for U2 I had to buy an incredibly expensive VIP packet to attend the U2 show for 140 EUR because it was sold out so quickly. And that is because U2 charge 70 EUR per ticket and lots of them were bought by scalpers...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2180
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home