Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT simple video software?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:50

i want to make a simple 'lyric video' thing for one of my tunes. Can anyone recommend free software (for a newbie director!).
thank you

Re: OT simple video software?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 24, 2015 05:02

peoplewitheyes
i want to make a simple 'lyric video' thing for one of my tunes. Can anyone recommend free software (for a newbie director!).
thank you

Are you using a Mac or a Windows platform? Both provide decent free software that should get you started as a newbie. Windows Movie Maker and iMovie will both work for you. Few bugs and loads of online support and discussions.

If you want to explore other free software I'd suggest you go to download sites like cnet.com and look at the reviews and features...there is so much stuff out there.

Most pro editors are working off of Avid platforms, the same company that now makes ProTools, the ubiquitous platform for music editing.

Good luck.

peace

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 24, 2015 05:23

Thanks Naturalust, i appreciate your thoughts

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 24, 2015 07:22

I’ve been looking for something like that as well. I’m a complete novice and would like to create a youtube tutorial video using still photos, mp3 audio, text, video and simple fade-in fade-out transitions. I found a list of recommended free software w/ in-depth reviews here: [www.pcadvisor.co.uk]

I haven’t tried any of them yet but, based on the ratings, Lightworks and VSDS seem promising. There are also sites that let you upload and create videos online (incl. youtube, iirc) but I don’t want to upload my content to an unknown entity. If I take the plunge and try Lightworks and/or VSDS, I’ll let you know my thoughts. I would also be interested in any recommendations by IORRians.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 24, 2015 11:05

I have done this in the past. I merge film clips mostly now so I need something that can make that easier. I ended up buying PowerDirector 13. They have a free trial.

Date: March 24, 2015 12:36

Windows Movie Maker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home