Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT(ish) - Something funny happening
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:59

I've just invested in a Sony Walkman NWZ ZX1.

I have a Apple Mac, and have managed to successfully bypass ITUNES, ripping EOMS to the walkman, but EOMS, in lossless format, becomes "Artist Unknown: Song: Tumbling Dice". Can anyone advise what I should do, please.

Cheers,

Tom C

Re: OT(ish) - Something funny happening
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:05

Use iTunes smoking smiley

Date: March 20, 2015 21:07

Koen

Thanks, but iTunes already has an EOMS, back from when I had an IPOD. It crashed three weeks ago, and I took the plunge re: Flac, lossless, etc.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:29

tomcasagranda
Koen

Thanks, but iTunes already has an EOMS, back from when I had an IPOD. It crashed three weeks ago, and I took the plunge re: Flac, lossless, etc.

I guess not totally 'lossless' eh? You loss the artist's names!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:32

I'm guessing you may have to rename the songs on your Mac, possibly even adding a character like Sweet-Virginia, change the artist name to similarly (Stones or something) and rip them individually to your Walkman.

You may want to first convert a copy of all the songs to a different but similar quality format like wave using the iTunes feature in order to preserve your original files and try this with them.

Not sure it it will work but it may be worth a try. Good Luck.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 21:42 by Naturalust.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:32

Google for an id3 tagging software. I have used some in the past but don't remember which one works well. Some do it all automatically (the file renaming, filling in missing info). A quick search turned up this as an example: Yate ID3 tagger

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 21, 2015 02:05

Wow! That's one helluva an investment. I looked at reviews for the NWZ ZX1 and they're great, but the price...wow. Think I'll stick with my Walkman NWZ-E475 for awhile longer. Interestingly, I've always found the Walkman digital music players to be better soundwise than iPods. Apple isn't the end all and be all of sound. If you want a good set of headphones to use with your new player, stay with Sony and get the MDR 7506 headphones. Excellent buy for the money and highly rated.

Date: March 21, 2015 11:59

dmay
Wow! That's one helluva an investment. I looked at reviews for the NWZ ZX1 and they're great, but the price...wow. Think I'll stick with my Walkman NWZ-E475 for awhile longer. Interestingly, I've always found the Walkman digital music players to be better soundwise than iPods. Apple isn't the end all and be all of sound. If you want a good set of headphones to use with your new player, stay with Sony and get the MDR 7506 headphones. Excellent buy for the money and highly rated.

Thank you. Headphone wise I have Bose QC's - about, and I court controversy, the only good thing Bose does. For the time being, I may have to just shuffle the tracks around. £500 was, thus far, worth the investment. My CD of EOMS has been ripped via AIFF, rather than compressed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home