Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gonna see Chris Jagger Live in Hoorn, Holland Tonight !!!
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 14, 2015 17:52

Supportact... skotwal, a great west fries accent dutch band. lovely guys.
looking forward to chris jaggers show !!

rumours are that even mick n keef will show up.

hahahahaha

Jeroen

Re: Gonna see Chris Jagger Live in Hoorn, Holland Tonight !!!
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: March 14, 2015 18:01

go for the show not for the "guests"

i saw him many (20) years ago at the Bottom Line and it was a great show. I was able to speak to him for a few minutes before the show. there were maybe 20 people in the club. he had just released Rock the Zydeco.

Mick and Jerry showed up and all of a sudden the club was packed, people with stones albums in tow trying to get Micks autograph. I felt bad for both Mick and Chris.

[full disclosure, i did walk by Mick's table and have a very brief conversation with him, shook his hand and moved on; he seemed to appreciate that i wasn't a pain and didn't bother him for an autograph]

The show was great, Chris's music is very good, meeting Mick was just a bonus.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 14, 2015 19:54

good story halfnanker.

As much as I'd like to just gawk I'm sure I'd do the same. These poor people need their space.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: March 18, 2015 23:17

i felt bad for Mick that night.

as soon as he arrived, people started bothering him; at first he retreated to a far corner of the club, but as the Bottom Line was so small (and empty) there was no where for him to "hide." He ultmately just left and retunred just as the show started. It makes you realize fame has its down side--the guy just wanted to go out with his wife to watch his brother perform and was unable to do that comfortably. Even during the show, a couple of peeple tried to bother him for autographs and his body guard had to pull them away.

My "conversation" with him lasted all of 20 seconds. I walked by his table on the way to the bar and leaned over, reached out my hand and said "Mick, I cant sit 10 feet away from you all night without coming by and telling you what a big fan I am." At first he pulled back, but when he realized I wasn't being a jerk, he leaned back towards me, shook my hand and thanked me. I think I complimented his brothers show, but then quickly moved on before a nice moemnt turned sour with a bodyguard tossing me out of the club!

Unfirtunately, over the years i've noticed Chris never comes back to the states, so i dont think i'll ever get to see him live again. His later duet with Mick--DJ Blues--is a great song. I've always thought CHris woud be great as a Stones opener, then Mick could bring him out to do that song or maybe Will ya, Won't you (but that is more Mick on backing vocals than a duet).

PS: Jeroen...how about a review of the show, how was it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-18 23:17 by HalfNanker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home