Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: About Jeremy Clarkson...
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 13, 2015 17:48

bv
Koen
Why are so many people not looking at the stage in the picture?

I am looking at Mick out there on the tongue, that's why the camera is pointing that way. Others look at the rest of the band on the stage, then some look into nowhere or they mess with their phones. You would be surprised by how many are talking or drinking or simply mess around in the pit, having paid a fortune to be there. But like this chap in the picture, I assume he was given the ticket, he did not pay for it I suppose, so being there is more important than what's happening around on the stage.

I'll go out on a limb here and make a few assumptions here: because most of the people in the pit are wealthy or have been given comp tickets, the Stones are just a backdrop to another evening of affordable entertainment. There should be some kind of entry test for the pit and immediate ejection if you're seen fiddling with your phone winking smiley

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 13, 2015 17:53

bv
He is an ignorant guy and I could not care less. Also I don't care about cars so who is this guy that was behind me in the pit some place in Australia on the last tour there? Some guy on British TV? I run the bicycle, never see this Jeremy chap on bicycle TV...

This is a photo I took in the pit at the first of the two Perth Australia shows:

Interesting pic. I didn't know that the Stones performed with all the house lights on. I know Springsteen does it during Born To Run, but I've never seen Rolling Stones playing with all the lights on, well maybe except Satisfaction in Barcelona '90. On which song(s) they did it?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 13, 2015 19:00

Father Ted
bv
Koen

I am looking at Mick out there on the tongue, that's why the camera is pointing that way. Others look at the rest of the band on the stage, then some look into nowhere or they mess with their phones. You would be surprised by how many are talking or drinking or simply mess around in the pit, having paid a fortune to be there. But like this chap in the picture, I assume he was given the ticket, he did not pay for it I suppose, so being there is more important than what's happening around on the stage.

I'll go out on a limb here and make a few assumptions here: because most of the people in the pit are wealthy or have been given comp tickets, the Stones are just a backdrop to another evening of affordable entertainment. There should be some kind of entry test for the pit and immediate ejection if you're seen fiddling with your phone winking smiley

I wonder, in the unlikely event of new material from the Stones....how many present at the concerts would actually buy it?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 13, 2015 19:10

RoughJusticeOnYa
He punched someone right in the face; that's barbaric, vulgar, and comletely unacceptable. End of story.

As far as his personality, his 'character' (personae) & his television programme go: I quite like that lot.

Barbaric? Vulgar? You should watch CS Blues then.....by the standards of many rock gods, Clarkson is pretty tame.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 13, 2015 19:17

jlowe

Barbaric? Vulgar? You should watch CS Blues then.....by the standards of many rock gods, Clarkson is pretty tame.

Give up jlowe...
People here gives an opinion about a guy and a tv progrmm they never heard about and talks about ignorance!
In a lot of ways Clarkson is rock'n roll.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:11

Rich and/or well-connected people up the front, yawning, talking through the whole concert, looking at their phones, etc...

Disgusting!

That's why I like how Bruce does it. To get in the "pit" and up-close to the stage you have to do your time beforehand, standing in lines starting in the early afternoon. Then you know it's the REAL fans you are enjoying the show with.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:17

Really dislike the guy.

Problem is if he gets the sack there will be a better job < money wise > waiting for him, its just like football managers.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 13, 2015 22:47

This is probably true.

The guy is a Jerk anyway.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:05

But what about the other two? Will they continue without the chief bully? The shorter one even seems to be likeable...

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:18

Clarkson hit somebody in his place of work. If your or I did that we would be sacked and probably prosecuted.

And of Clarkson is rock and roll then rock and roll is rightfully dead.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:55

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:38

Australia shows the British version of Top Gear? But what about the Australian version (which we get here in the US, as well as the British version)? This show is taking over the world!

Date: March 14, 2015 07:55

Yep we still get UK version ... Australian Top Gear was rubbish

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 14, 2015 09:19

Jeremy Clarkson is a British wannabe Ferrari geek and Porsche hater with no taste in cars at all.

Date: March 15, 2015 22:45

HERALD SUN 16 MARCH 2015

ROCKMAN

Date: March 16, 2015 00:41

The thing is that he has made that show more or less his. And, to the BBC bosses' detriment, a huge success. His successor will have a hard time following his footprints...

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:11

He is a cvnt.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:24

dcba
Do you guys realize that, outside of the Anglo-American sphere nobody's ever heard of Clarkson or Morgan... grinning smiley

You're totally wrong: [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 16, 2015 17:28

vertigojoe
He is a cvnt.

Yup ... that sums him up perfectly !! A complete and utter C U N-ext T-uesday

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 16, 2015 17:38

Maybe, but a very successful cvnt...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 16, 2015 19:52

Stoneage
Maybe, but a very successful cvnt...

Indeed so ... a never-ending source of wonderment to me, I have to admit. How anyone so oafish and essentially wholly uninteresting can go on to achieve such reward and success is a complete mystery to me.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:28

The thing is: I have, though not currently I hasten to add, felt tempted to hit former managers. Not because they've withheld, or didn't lay on food, but because they were incompetent nincompoops. I would even go so far as to describe one manager as a nincompoop in the medieval sense of the word, which I'd leave fellow IORR peeps to look up.

However, while the temptation is there, you just don't go and hit a manager, or a work colleague. You either walk away, or you find your self another job.

I can remember, though, adopting the Bartleby the Scrivener approach to one guy who was senior to me. Check out the Melville, and you'll find a great story. Anyway, all the time this guy kept ordering me to attend taxi licensing meetings, I found ways around doing so. Eventually, he got both his manager and mine to have a word with me, and a meeting took place. I said "I don't want to do what Dave tells me to do; Dave's an end of a bell". I was then told to shut up, and that Dave was senior to me. I waited three months, got another job, and left. Clarkson was stupid, and obviously thought he was bigger than his employers.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:31

franzk
dcba
Do you guys realize that, outside of the Anglo-American sphere nobody's ever heard of Clarkson or Morgan... grinning smiley

You're totally wrong: [en.wikipedia.org]

That's funny..........

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 16, 2015 21:51

tomcasagranda
The thing is: I have, though not currently I hasten to add, felt tempted to hit former managers. Not because they've withheld, or didn't lay on food, but because they were incompetent nincompoops. I would even go so far as to describe one manager as a nincompoop in the medieval sense of the word, which I'd leave fellow IORR peeps to look up.

However, while the temptation is there, you just don't go and hit a manager, or a work colleague. You either walk away, or you find your self another job.

grinning smiley

If my manager insults me again
I will be assaulting him
After I f-uck the manager up
Then I'm gonna shorten the register up

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:09

RomanCandle
tomcasagranda

grinning smiley

If my manager insults me again
I will be assaulting him
After I f-uck the manager up
Then I'm gonna shorten the register up

All of the sudden, Clarkson's looking good in comparison.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 16, 2015 22:18

Koen

That's my take too...... Good photo bv and thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 22:20 by triceratops.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 17, 2015 08:12

As a TV host, he's one of the best. Especially when you add Captain Slow and Shorty to the mix. They play off each other very, very well.
If Clarkson did punch that producer, then of course he should be fired, or at least get a fine or something.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:03

Koen

They're looking at Mick Jagger.

Date: March 19, 2015 23:17

ROCKMAN

Date: March 20, 2015 00:55

Apparently Snickers has sent Jeremy a box of
chocolate bars with their new slogan on it:

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home