Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Crufts dog death: Poisoning probe after Irish Setter dies
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2015 03:15

...................................This is definitely a job for Toby......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:02

When I said "death to that person" it is because for me, Dogs are pure love and innocence. Others do not view animals in such esteem, I know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 14:07 by steffialicia.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:31

steffialicia
When I said "death to that person" it is because for me, Dogs are pure love and innocence. Others do not view animals in such esteem, I know.

I would say, inflict that person with a strong conscience and let him/her live a long tormented life........heh, heh....

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 11, 2015 18:14

steffialicia

But why do you want the man to die, FFS?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 11, 2015 21:23

This is like Jeopardy (the American TV show). She gave the answer and then you gave the question. You may not like the answer, you may not agree, but don't play dumb. She said she loves dogs so much that hearing that story, her reaction is "death to". . . whoever poisoned the dog.

Date: March 11, 2015 21:55

Rokyfan
This is like Jeopardy (the American TV show). She gave the answer and then you gave the question. You may not like the answer, you may not agree, but don't play dumb. She said she loves dogs so much that hearing that story, her reaction is "death to". . . whoever poisoned the dog.

I don't "play" dumb. I don't understand the logic...
"I love dogs so whoever poisoned the dog must be killed"
I love children so whoever raped a child must be raped??????????????????
WTF??????

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 11, 2015 22:26

RomanCandle
Rokyfan

I don't "play" dumb. I don't understand the logic...
"I love dogs so whoever poisoned the dog must be killed"
I love children so whoever raped a child must be raped??????????????????
WTF??????

My thoughts were along the same lines as yours RomanCandle. I found it interesting that the original poster referenced dogs, a person and then animals. A person is also an animal. I wondered if the original poster would want to kill a dog which had killed a person. Or if a person who kills an animal other than a dog should be killed as well. Personally, I "poison" insects of all types on a pretty regular basis. Although I don't poison them, rats and mice also tend to meet a pretty violent end if they hang around my house too long (poisonous snakes are taken care of on site but their non-venomous cousins are welcome to help out with the mice!). Hopefully the original poster won't be calling for my head anytime soon.

Note: I will also admit that if I were to catch anyone messing with my dog (Harley's a 10.5 year old German Shepard), there's a good chance that encounter would not end well for the other person. I'm also pretty sure (my wife is convinced) that if someone were to mess with us or our children, and Harley had the opportunity to provide input on the matter, again, things would not end well for that other person. Regardless that we come from different species, I know that I consider Harley a member of my family and I'm pretty sure that he considers us to be members of his family. The stupid hamster that's currently residing in a cage in my family room is most assuredly NOT family.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 12, 2015 15:17

Perhaps I went a TAD overboard but with respect to all, Jeffrey Dahmer began with animals. My dachshund is named Ruby Tuesday!!! Love her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 15:21 by steffialicia.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 12, 2015 15:21

steffialicia
Perhaps I went a TAD overboard but with respect to all, Jeffrey Dahmer began with animals.

don't worry, some/most of us didn't think you meant it literally.

Date: March 12, 2015 15:22

Thanks!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 12, 2015 15:33

I thought the same way steffialicia.

I might say , 'I could eat a horse, I'm that hungry', or sometimes, 'I could die for a piece of chocolate cake'.

Anybody who takes it literally would be totally incorrect. winking smiley

Date: March 12, 2015 18:20

steffialicia
Perhaps I went a TAD overboard but with respect to all, Jeffrey Dahmer began with animals. My dachshund is named Ruby Tuesday!!! Love her.

I think most people understand that you reacted and did not mean literally that the person should be apprehended and then executed by the state. Most people. I look at it this way. thousands of people die every day in the world, maybe tens of thousands, I don't know. With a lot of those people, their deaths are a real tragedy, for others, it is just a part of life. So, for example, when a person who has lived a long and successful life dies I do not consider it a tragedy because that is simply part of life. On the other hand, a child's death is obviously always a tragedy. Jeffrey Dahmer getting killed in prison. Not a tragedy. Someone who poisoned a dog dropping dead himself. to me, not a tragedy. That's all. Doesn't mean I think the State should go find him and do him in. Just means he should burn in hell, if there is such a thing.

Date: March 12, 2015 20:28

Don't take it personally but many people think that death penalty is acceptable in some cases, e.g. for whoever kills/rapes a child or an animal........

Date: March 12, 2015 21:57

RomanCandle
Don't take it personally but many people think that death penalty is acceptable in some cases, e.g. for whoever kills/rapes a child or an animal........
you really think there are many (any?) people who equate killing and raping a child with doing the same (?) to an animal (I'm not sure I've head of too many cases of animal rape, except if you mean, say, dog on dog). You write some strange stuff.

Date: March 12, 2015 22:11

That's not what I meant......

Many people think that killing/raping children or animals such as dogs or cats is more cruel than other crimes, because "they are all love" and "they can't defend themselves".

By killing an animal I mean torturing/poisoning, not eating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 22:16 by RomanCandle.

Date: March 12, 2015 22:26

Rokyfan
RomanCandle
you really think there are many (any?) people who equate killing and raping a child with doing the same (?) to an animal (I'm not sure I've head of too many cases of animal rape, except if you mean, say, dog on dog). You write some strange stuff.

Rokyfan: Be glad that you haven't met some of the "Wack-Jobs" that I, and apparently RomanCandle, have met. I've met a few PETA members who made me think thoughts along the lines of "I hope THEY'RE not thinking of reproducing". As a local radio host says in his introduction to a segment he calls "Idiots of the Day": "They breed, they vote, they walk among us, they're the Idiots of the Day". They're everywhere. Thankfully there aren't too many hanging around IORR.org. Or at least they're not too vocal anyway! winking smiley

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:39

mr_dja
Rokyfan
RomanCandle

Rokyfan: Be glad that you haven't met some of the "Wack-Jobs" that I, and apparently RomanCandle, have met. I've met a few PETA members who made me think thoughts along the lines of "I hope THEY'RE not thinking of reproducing". As a local radio host says in his introduction to a segment he calls "Idiots of the Day": "They breed, they vote, they walk among us, they're the Idiots of the Day". They're everywhere. Thankfully there aren't too many hanging around IORR.org. Or at least they're not too vocal anyway! winking smiley

Peace,
Mr DJA

PETA loses its message in the delivery sometimes. Spray painting someone's fur coat because you disapprove of fur will not make you any friends and, as Joan Rivers said after it happened to her, "I'll just buy another coat". I rescue and rehab birds and animals, I'm vegan, etc. but I would never equate a child with an animal. That said, animals (factory farms, puppy mills, etc.) get a bum deal and deserve better from us humans.

Date: March 13, 2015 15:18

bleedingman
mr_dja
Rokyfan
RomanCandle

Peace,
Mr DJA

PETA loses its message in the delivery sometimes. Spray painting someone's fur coat because you disapprove of fur will not make you any friends and, as Joan Rivers said after it happened to her, "I'll just buy another coat". I rescue and rehab birds and animals, I'm vegan, etc. but I would never equate a child with an animal. That said, animals (factory farms, puppy mills, etc.) get a bum deal and deserve better from us humans.

thumbs up Can't disagree with much of anything you wrote there! Much admiration for your rehab work... domesticated or wild animals/birds? Either way, (th).

Can't get with you on veganism. No doubt it's better than my diet, but unless there's a life or death diagnosis, I can't ever see myself getting to a point where I could give up beef or bacon!

That animals deserve better from us humans is something I agree with and say myself. I ticked off my wife and kids a couple of summers ago when I gave our dog free run of our back yard. Prior to that he lived in his pen (40'x15') unless he was on a leash. All he ever wanted was to be with us and I finally gave him his wish - "he deserves the chance" was what I told the family. The whole family was inconvenienced any time they wanted to use our pool, porch, etc. as he was nothing but a big puppy and full of energy and love. I told them they had the choice of working with him to train him or they could give up using the pool area themselves. Thankfully, they learned and so did he and he's now a closer member of our family than ever.

Good luck with whatever you happen to be rehabbing/rescuing!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home