Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Crufts dog death: Poisoning probe after Irish Setter dies
Posted by: Han ()
Date: March 8, 2015 23:15

From the BBC:

A dog has died after competing at Crufts, amid claims he was poisoned.

Three-year-old Thendara Satisfaction, known as Jagger, is understood to have collapsed and died after returning home to Belgium on Friday.

Police in Belgium are investigating and a full toxicology report is expected next week.

The husband of Jagger's co-owner said: "I can only hope it wasn't an act of jealousy by another competitor, but just a lunatic."

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Re: Crufts dog death: Poisoning probe after Irish Setter dies
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 9, 2015 00:34

So very cruel to poison a dog. I hope it was a quick & painless death.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 9, 2015 03:26

There was also a dog named "Taylor" competing at Crufts, but it was only allowed in one event and had to wait backstage in its kennel the rest of the show.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 9, 2015 05:36

71Tele
There was also a dog named "Taylor" competing at Crufts, but it was only allowed in one event and had to wait backstage in its kennel the rest of the show.

THAT is funny...nice one.

As far as dog poisoning goes, not so funny. Turns out it was true, CNN reports:

"They found cubes of beef in his stomach that had at least two types of poison inside. Pieces of beef had been stitched together so that the poison didn't come out." angry smiley

The dog's full name was THENDARA SATISFACTION JAGGER, a beautiful Irish Setter.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 05:50 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 9, 2015 07:10

I can't tell on this board what I wish for the person who allegedly poisoned the dog. This is not funny and I can't see that as a joke.

Date: March 9, 2015 08:41

Cristiano Radtke
I can't tell on this board what I wish for the person who allegedly poisoned the dog. This is not funny and I can't see that as a joke.

Agree.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 08:49

71Tele
Cristiano Radtke

Agree.
thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2015 11:19

71Tele

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 9, 2015 13:43

The lowest of the low. Death to that person.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 9, 2015 14:20

Utterly despicable. Anyone doing harm or injury to children or animals deserves the worst.

The dog had a great name. Not quite sure what to make of the fact that his half-brother is called Noodle...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 9, 2015 14:44

What is Crufts?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 9, 2015 14:52

Koen
What is Crufts?

The UKs most prestigious dog show.............however..the RSPCA (Royal society for the prevention of cruelty to animals) have pulled out from suporting it because of the detrimental mutations that are happening in the quest for breeding the perfect dog (of each breed)...

ie....(the) dog looks as the breeder wants....but it can't breath properly........angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 16:05 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 9, 2015 16:52

Am I the only one who thinks that something like The Crafts is a very, very strange event? I haven been there.

All those dog owners are judging those animals by the lenght of their ears, legs, their colour...strange...

Isn't this racism at it's worst, just not regarding human beings but dogs?
A "friend" of mine with whom we'd been to The Crafts literally killed a young dog because it "wasn't right an would never have won anything". This former "friend", she was a dog-Nazi. Frightening!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 18:44

Papo
Am I the only one who thinks that something like The Crafts is a very, very strange event? I haven been there.

All those dog owners are judging those animals by the lenght of their ears, legs, their colour...strange...

Isn't this racism at it's worst, just not regarding human beings but dogs?
A "friend" of mine with whom we'd been to The Crafts literally killed a young dog because it "wasn't right an would never have won anything". This former "friend", she was a dog-Nazi. Frightening!

Its Crufts. thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 9, 2015 21:40

It's 'it's' thumbs up

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:20

Beast
Utterly despicable. Anyone doing harm or injury to children or animals deserves the worst.

The dog had a great name. Not quite sure what to make of the fact that his half-brother is called Noodle...

Agreed! That is why I went vegetarian years ago and I know Charlie would agree.....regarding Noodle, I imagine that Keith would have a joke for that!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 9, 2015 23:38

71Tele

Not funny

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 10, 2015 11:31

Jagger dies, Noodle lives...is there any justice in this world?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2015 15:52

More Hot Rocks
71Tele

Not funny

True, should have been out there for the encore at least.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: March 10, 2015 15:55

treaclefingers
More Hot Rocks
71Tele

Not funny

True, should have been out there for the encore at least.

he he he

Date: March 10, 2015 16:25

More Hot Rocks
71Tele

Not funny

I thought it was...For the record, I was not making fun of the dog being poisoned, I was having a go at there being a dog named "Jagger", but to each his own.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2015 16:45

71Tele
More Hot Rocks
71Tele

Not funny

I thought it was...For the record, I was not making fun of the dog being poisoned, I was having a go at there being a dog named "Jagger", but to each his own.

I think if you've named your dog 'Satisfaction Jagger' or whatever the heck it was, you've opened yourself to ridicule.

Doesn't take away from the monstrous act that happened here though...I don't think most people would believe you 'supported' that Tele so IMHO an apology wasn't necessary.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 10, 2015 18:09

steffialicia
Death to that person.

Why?

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: March 10, 2015 18:18

Viva 71Tele!

The dog poisoning news was on a major radio talk program here in DC moments ago. What a terrible act.

On the plus side, at least no 'Walkin' the Dog' jokes yet.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 10, 2015 18:33

scaffer
Viva 71Tele!

The dog poisoning news was on a major radio talk program here in DC moments ago. What a terrible act.

On the plus side, at least no 'Walkin' the Dog' jokes yet.

To be honest this cracked me up.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 10, 2015 18:46

The only good bit about Crufts is the dogs competing against each other in the running jumping and fetching, that most dogs love to do.

That is really good, but the judging of dogs to a textbook write up of what a perfect dog should look like,I just don't agree with.

Inbreeding is commonplace and owners go to extremes to make them look like the judges think they should look like.

Date: March 10, 2015 23:44

crawdaddy
The only good bit about Crufts is the dogs competing against each other in the running jumping and fetching, that most dogs love to do.

That is really good, but the judging of dogs to a textbook write up of what a perfect dog should look like,I just don't agree with.

Inbreeding is commonplace and owners go to extremes to make them look like the judges think they should look like.

Yes, and on a serious note this has dangerously harmed the health of some breeds, the English Bulldog being a prime example.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:49

thumbs up

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: March 11, 2015 01:43

71Tele
crawdaddy

Yes, and on a serious note this has dangerously harmed the health of some breeds, the English Bulldog being a prime example.

And german sheperds. It is really hard to find good healthy litters. But there are serious breeders who choose to sell dogs that can work and that is healthy but not necessary look good after others standards.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 11, 2015 02:52

gibsonman
71Tele
crawdaddy

And german sheperds. It is really hard to find good healthy litters. But there are serious breeders who choose to sell dogs that can work and that is healthy but not necessary look good after others standards.

Our fascination with breeding goes way beyond dogs and cats. The food industry is rampant with strange practices to produce the most meat per $ and genetic engineering is already present. USDA is trying to limit the potentially dangerous modifications but I don't imagine many 3rd world countries will be able to stop or resist the impending rush to control the characteristics of food animals.

Genetic engineered pets are already available, produced to be hypo-allergenic. Won't be long before these dog and cat shows will be a statement of the best gene scientists rather than the best breeders.

peace

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home