Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Info needed. I have a Mick Jagger Walter Payton football jersey from "Tattoo You Tour" 1981
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2015 22:15

Rockman honey, is that that Last Tour book?

I lifted them from The Rolling Stones Live - Phillip Kamin & Peter Goddard

ROCKMAN

Re: Info needed. I have a Mick Jagger Walter Payton football jersey from "Tattoo You Tour" 1981
Posted by: bluegreenvinyl ()
Date: March 8, 2015 22:20

the issue of course is, "it game worn"? - there are plenty of sports authenticaters that can help you with this--did mick sign the jersey?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 8, 2015 22:44

Rockman
Rockman honey, is that that Last Tour book?

I lifted them from The Rolling Stones Live - Phillip Kamin & Peter Goddard

Ahh so - looks kinda like a retitled Last Tour, which is also a Philip Kamin book
And pardon my error about Rockford replacing Chicago - I was misinformed by someone who was apparently drunk at the time :E

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: March 8, 2015 23:48

The Last Tour is still one of my favorite books. The companion book from the 82 tour is also very good.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 9, 2015 01:12

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 02:15 by Plink.

Posted by: bluegreenvinyl ()
Date: March 9, 2015 01:46

yes, beautiful words of your dad--he sounds like an exceptional man in may ways

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 9, 2015 07:46

This is a great piece and wonderful story.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 9, 2015 08:48

Bungo
Provenance is a funny thing. It can be a lot of individual things or a combination of things, sort of like a "circumstantial prosecution case" in a court of law. I think you already have a solid provenance for the shirt. It starts with connecting your father's work done to the address of a certain house owned by Mick Jagger at the correct time in history. This may include invoices, work orders, receipts and contracts to build this part of the case. then comes the photographic evidence of Mick wearing that shirt or a shirt just like it on stage as well as the photo your father took of Mick outside the jobsite as well as a photo of the actual shirt in question and any other related photos. Then you have your own story of the whole incident which you could attest to in a court of law which you could type up. All of that, in my opinion gives you a very strong provenance for the shirt. The only question remains is if the shirt was actually worn by Mick on stage or simply a duplicate he had in stock.

Agreed. I have a fairly large collection of rock memorabilia, including a 1988 Outrider tour jacket that Jimmy Page allegedly presented his tour merchandiser as a token of appreciation. Although I did have to accept the background story at face value on account of no photograph of Page presenting the jacket, the seller did provide sufficient documentation to prove beyond a reasonable doubt he was in fact the officially sanctioned merchandiser for that tour.

I regret I never got to meet Silverbee's father as artisans and craftsman like him are becoming very few and far between. I'd love to see examples of his work in due course, particularly a portfolio of that which was done for Mick. The fact that such examples can indeed lend further provenance to the jersey is a bonus.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 9, 2015 12:55

Great story Silverbee. Keep hold of that shirt!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2015 15:50

KennedyLetsWork
The Last Tour is still one of my favorite books. The companion book from the 82 tour is also very good.

yes, and still got it as well!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 9, 2015 23:44

he also wore a mariners jersey in seattle

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: March 10, 2015 01:00

Mick wore a #7 Theisman Redskins jersey in DC, and some local TV sportscaster criticized Theisman for going along with it. Theisman ended up quitting his gig at that station as a result.

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: March 10, 2015 01:29

That's pretty funny about the Theisman jersey.

Here's a great photo of the Theisman jersey and a bottle of Jack to go with it...

[www.rockpaperphoto.com]

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 15, 2015 16:59

Father Ted
Great story Silverbee. Keep hold of that shirt!!

[www.bidami.com]

Date: September 15, 2015 18:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 02:16 by Plink.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:48

Plink
Enlightening link, Mitch - thanks for posting

I visited the auction page and was quite surprised to see that Silverbee used my photos (which I'd posted on page 1 of this thread but have now removed) in order to help prove the "photo match" provenance of Mick's stage worn jersey that she'd placed on the auction block [www.bidami.com]. She didn't even bother to ask for permission (which I would have given). Not nice - especially considering the fact that I spent a fair amount of time hunting down and scanning the negatives in order to help her prove authenticity. eye rolling smiley

I guess the jersey didn't mean as much to her as she had us believe. I wonder how much she ended up getting for it? I guess it's understandable at some level that she sold it, it is only stuff taking up space and who knows how badly she needed the money, but it does feel like we and particularly you were certainly used in this case. Sorry for that Plink.

Date: September 15, 2015 19:22

Thanks for the support, Naturalust. It appears as though the jersey had bids but didn't sell - perhaps the reserve was too high.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: September 16, 2015 08:18

I was going to tell you to check out the book "The Last Tour"...it has pictures of almost all the shows in order...but ROCKMAN beat me to it!

Take his suggestion and go through the book.

PECMAN

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 16, 2015 09:40

Naturalust
Plink
Enlightening link, Mitch - thanks for posting

I visited the auction page and was quite surprised to see that Silverbee used my photos (which I'd posted on page 1 of this thread but have now removed) in order to help prove the "photo match" provenance of Mick's stage worn jersey that she'd placed on the auction block [www.bidami.com]. She didn't even bother to ask for permission (which I would have given). Not nice - especially considering the fact that I spent a fair amount of time hunting down and scanning the negatives in order to help her prove authenticity. eye rolling smiley

I guess the jersey didn't mean as much to her as she had us believe. I wonder how much she ended up getting for it? I guess it's understandable at some level that she sold it, it is only stuff taking up space and who knows how badly she needed the money, but it does feel like we and particularly you were certainly used in this case. Sorry for that Plink.

Maybe it did mean a lot but the info provided here helped her get rid of it. grinning smiley

Date: September 16, 2015 11:35

Plink
It appears as though the jersey had bids but didn't sell - perhaps the reserve was too high.

Apparently it sold at $4873.

[www.bidami.com]\Musician\Costumes%2C%20Props%2C%20Clothing%2C%20Shoes\&t=Closed&p=0&auctionlist-page=1

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 16, 2015 12:22

Naturalust

I guess the jersey didn't mean as much to her as she had us believe. [...] but it does feel like we and particularly you were certainly used in this case.

...a complete newbee, cutting right through the chase in his/her very first post, putting a presumeably collectible item on the table & asking for info about if/ how to autenticate it?!?

Surprise, surprise.

Nevertheless: sorry for everyone that fell for it.

Date: September 16, 2015 19:08

mitch
Plink
It appears as though the jersey had bids but didn't sell - perhaps the reserve was too high.

[www.bidami.com]\Musician\Costumes%2C%20Props%2C%20Clothing%2C%20Shoes\&t=Closed&p=0&auctionlist-page=1

When I click that link I'm taken to a page with a list of items but I see no Jagger jersey among them. Where can I locate that info?

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: September 16, 2015 19:17

6s7s9s
He only wore a Philadelphia Eagles jersey on that tour.

I'm still waiting for a retraction of this douchey statement.....

Date: September 16, 2015 19:38

Plink
mitch
Plink

When I click that link I'm taken to a page with a list of items but I see no Jagger jersey among them. Where can I locate that info?

Try this:

[www.google.com]

Date: September 16, 2015 20:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 02:17 by Plink.

Date: September 16, 2015 21:33

Plink
Thanks for the new link, Mitch.

I spoke w/ someone from the auction company and the jersey is still for sale (one may assume the top bid of $4873 was not sufficient). I explained the situation regarding Silverbee's unauthorized use of my photos and the auction company is eager to rectify the situation by providing just compensation for their continued use. They seem like stand-up people.

eye popping smiley Wow. I am impressed. They are going to compensate you for using your photo's of a piece of memorabilia that didn't even sell? I would be interested to find out what that compensation consists of. A small percentage of their sales commission when and if the item sells perhaps? I would be delighted if that happens, keep us informed on this one Plink, an interesting story, imo.

Date: September 16, 2015 21:57

^^^
Is that a sarcastic tone I detect, NL? The jersey is still for sale - the auction company has a vested interest in selling it and is eager to do so. My photos provide the "photo match" evidence of authenticity, so naturally they would like to continue to use them. I was not offered a percentage of the sales commission, nor would I expect such an arrangement. For a flat fee, I will license the images for their use within specifically defined parameters. I sincerely hope this modus operandi meets with your approval, Naturalust grinning smiley

Date: September 16, 2015 22:04

Plink
^^^
Is that a sarcastic tone I detect, NL? The jersey is still for sale - the auction company has a vested interest in selling it and is eager to do so. My photos provide the "photo match" evidence of authenticity, so naturally they would like to continue to use them. I was not offered a percentage of the sales commission, nor would I expect such an arrangement. For a flat fee, I will license the images for their use within specifically defined parameters. I sincerely hope this modus operandi meets with your approval, Naturalust grinning smiley

No sarcasm intended Plink, I was genuinely curious at the level of cooperation you had received from them as well as what kind of deal would be worked out. I will be happy with the outcome as long as you are my dear. The photos are your creative property after all and I hope Silverbee learns a bit of a lesson about such things in the end.

Date: September 16, 2015 22:28

Naturalust
No sarcasm intended Plink, I was genuinely curious at the level of cooperation you had received from them as well as what kind of deal would be worked out. I will be happy with the outcome as long as you are my dear. The photos are your creative property after all and I hope Silverbee learns a bit of a lesson about such things in the end.

Thanks, NL smileys with beer
Think I'll schedule an appointment to have my Sarcas-o-meter recalibrated now...

Date: October 20, 2015 21:15

The jersey is back!
You can make an offer if you think the price is still expensive despite the sale...

[www.memorabilia.expert]

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home