Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith's Hair
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 21:50

latebloomer
Niek
with sssoul
Yep, that's Keith Richards, bleedingman - still hotter and cooler than ... well, guess who :E
Now run along and make the world a better place - I know you can!

Now back on topic - this was another great look:

- 1969, probably by Eric Hayes

thumbs up
His smile.... Is still sexy

Yes, and the twinkle in his eye...

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 21:51 by desertblues68.

Posted by: bathsheba ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:01

I think one advantage of the style was that he could hide his ears. The height on the crown of his head(during the rooster era) allowed wider layers at the side to cleverly disguise the protruding flaps.

It was a truly organic style - I don't feel it was by design, but just evolved whenever he passed a mirror with blunt nail scissors in the vicinity.

Random bits appear to have been hacked off in the early 70s - nowadays you'd pay a fortune in some farty salon to "get the look". I admire him for not doing anything to it now, just letting it be.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:47

Plink

Just wanted to make sure this shot made it to page 3. winking smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 11, 2015 00:32

^^^
Excellent! Aquamarine is on the case smileys with beer

Date: March 11, 2015 00:45

Naturalust
OK I've learned my lesson, don't get in the way of these rabid Keith fans, man. I've done my part and edited my post with sssoul. And FYI, I've got nothing but love for the man, one of my heros, and age and looks have little to do with it. Glad you ladies are still in love with Grandpa Keith, we'll all get there someday, god willing and the creek don't rise.

peace

"Rabid Keith Fans"? Nah - just having a little fun relishing the eye candy that was "Yester-Keith", just as I'm sure you can appreciate the pulchritudinous charms of of a young Loren or Bardot. I actually thought your post about Keith's online dating profile was pretty funny. Keith gets the last laugh, of course, because the ever-stunning Patti still clearly adores her "Elder Keith" smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 00:47 by Plink.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 11, 2015 02:00

Plink
Naturalust
OK I've learned my lesson, don't get in the way of these rabid Keith fans, man. I've done my part and edited my post with sssoul. And FYI, I've got nothing but love for the man, one of my heros, and age and looks have little to do with it. Glad you ladies are still in love with Grandpa Keith, we'll all get there someday, god willing and the creek don't rise.

peace

"Rabid Keith Fans"? Nah - just having a little fun relishing the eye candy that was "Yester-Keith", just as I'm sure you can appreciate the pulchritudinous charms of of a young Loren or Bardot. I actually thought your post about Keith's online dating profile was pretty funny. Keith gets the last laugh, of course, because the ever-stunning Patti still clearly adores her "Elder Keith" smiling smiley

Thanks for getting it, humor was my intention. I could certainly appreciate a similar thread showing the young Anita. Dangerous, beautiful, foreign and wild was quite a potent combination....what a story she could tell. Seemed to be at the center of a lot of the Stones best stories. And I love Keith for still taking care of her after all these years.

And thanks for the vocabulary lesson, don't get many here on IORR. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 11, 2015 02:24

Something for everyone: Keith showing off rather more than a cheerfully messy hairstyle:

- and the lady he pinched the pose from:

Naturalust - the original dating profile post was funny: no need to edit it out. But Keith's hair is a serious business:

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 11, 2015 03:17

This is so much fun....next up, we need to celebrate Mick's hair. smileys with beer

Date: March 11, 2015 06:07

bathsheba
...I think one advantage of the style was that he could hide his ears. The height on the crown of his head(during the rooster era) allowed wider layers at the side to cleverly disguise the protruding flaps...

Exactly!!

Dude knew what he was doing w/ the later ‘dos (btw, "prodruding flaps" cracked me up!)

Even Charlie trusted "Keith Scissorhands"

photo by Bob Bonis

At first I thought this was a shallow thread but I was dense. I now realize that, as Latebloomer stated, this IS an important scholarly discussion. I think someone should create a University of IORR course offering in-depth study on the evolution of Keith’s hair and its impact on the universe. It would be a lot more fun than Professor Gray Ponytail’s course ( [www.iorr.org] ).

Here's the perfect intro, straight from the Horse's Mouth:

“Nobody's ever (cut my hair since I was 14). I mean, a few chicks have had a snip here and there when I'm asleep. The Samson bit. Those damned Delilahs! Otherwise, no. I never say I'm going to cut my hair. I just walk into the bathroom and there's a pair of scissors and I say, That bit's got to go.”- Keith Richards, 1997
Link: [www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:01

I did enjoy the brief foray into streaks, too.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:03

Naturalust
Thanks for getting it, humor was my intention.

For the record, I "got it" too - but I felt the implication that we'd be anything less than thrilled
to see the older Keith at our kitchen door wanted correcting. :E

You posted some very nice shots of older Keith, and I'm sorry you eliminated them after I pointed out
that he still makes the world a more beautiful place, and that love is love and not fade away.

Yes, we love him now too, and as Plink notes we aren't "rabid" or shallow. We simply love the man for all his many gifts
which happen to include decades of kick-ass hair and a certified magnificent head and torso :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 09:25 by with sssoul.

Date: March 11, 2015 09:36

with sssoul
Naturalust
Thanks for getting it, humor was my intention.

For the record, I "got it" too - but I felt the implication that we'd be anything less than thrilled
to see the older Keith at our kitchen door wanted correcting. :E

You posted some very nice shots of older Keith, and I'm sorry you eliminated them after I pointed out
that he still makes the world a more beautiful place, and that love is love and not fade away.

Yes, we love him now too, and as Plink notes we aren't "rabid" or shallow. We simply love the man for all his many gifts
which happen to include decades of kick-ass hair and a certified magnificent head and torso :E

Naturalast I found your post and the photos of an older Keith.extremely funny and I was in no way offended by them even if I admire the man, his hair, his sex appeal and his talentsmileys with beer

Date: March 11, 2015 10:26

I, too, dig the ’72 blond streaks, as seen in Aquamarine’s pic above. He’s also flashing his Officially Certified Magnificent Torso in that shot (officially certified by esteemed Official Magnificent Torso Certifier With Sssoul). Win-win! According to Bobby Keys, Keith used lemon juice to achieve the streaks (see excerpt from Bobby’s book here: [bobbykeys.net] )

Here is one of my Fave Keith Streak Pics Ever, by Jim Marshall, 1972:

P.S. Naturalust, I try to use at least one five syllable word per day - thanks for noticing!

Date: March 11, 2015 10:37

Plink
(officially certified by esteemed Official Magnificent Torso Certifier With Sssoul). Win-win!

Wait wait! It was Sir Cecil Beaton who officially certified Keith's head and torso as magnificent!
I'm merely an observer :E

Date: March 11, 2015 10:40

Another angle on Keith's kick-ass 1981 hair ...

- 1981 by Michael Halsband

Date: March 11, 2015 10:55

with sssoul
Plink
(officially certified by esteemed Official Magnificent Torso Certifier With Sssoul). Win-win!

Wait wait! It was Sir Cecil Beaton who officially certified Keith's head and torso as magnificent!
I'm merely an observer :E

I guess I just assumed that Sir Cecil made the proclamation and you provided the official certification. Oh well - you know what they say about people who assume... In any case, nice to see the back of that Magnificent Torso in the pic above thumbs up

Date: March 11, 2015 10:55

with sssoul
Another angle on Keith's kick-ass 1981 hair ...

- 1981 by Michael Halsband

A stunning rear view, this thread keeps getting better and betterhot smiley

Date: March 11, 2015 11:20

Here is a shot from Bobby Keys’ site clearly demonstrating Keith’s M.H.A.T. (Magnificent Head and Torso). Patti also has quite the M.H.A.T. Bobby is rocking his S.I.H.A.T. (Standard Issue Head and Torso).

J.I. Allison’s farm in 1979 - no photo credit link: [bobbykeys.net]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 11, 2015 11:52

Sunshine is good for the hair (and the torso even more-so)

Nellcote 1971 - Dominique Tarle

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 11, 2015 13:03

Well, if one is to admire the flip side of Keith's torso, there's no finer example than this one....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2015 13:11

check out the Keith Nellcote rabbit shot and ya won't be lookin' at the torso ...haaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: March 11, 2015 13:37

Rockman
check out the Keith Nellcote rabbit shot and ya won't be lookin' at the torso ...haaaaaaaa

Oh, DO elaborate, Mr. Rockman...

latebloomer
Well, if one is to admire the flip side of Keith's torso, there's no finer example than this one....

Magnificent left buttock!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2015 13:43

Here ya go Plinkeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:46

Was rumoured that many years ago Keith had a hair transplant to deal with his receeding hairline.
Not sure if it is fact or fiction ?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:56

WHAT!!! You really thinks Keiths hair is something to discuss??

Date: March 11, 2015 19:25

Rockman
Here ya go Plinkeeeeeeee

eye popping smiley

Date: March 12, 2015 01:33

^^^
Why thank you, Mr. Rockman! What a sweet, wholesome photo of Keef with the bunny wabbit and little boy winking smiley

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 12, 2015 07:14

Keith, Patti, and Bobby? Possibly at Bobby's place in Franklin, TN? Anyone have any idea, by chance?

Date: March 12, 2015 07:32

StonedAsia
Keith, Patti, and Bobby? Possibly at Bobby's place in Franklin, TN? Anyone have any idea, by chance?

Yes, if you look just under the photo you'll see that I put the location info and link to the photo page on Bobby's website there. I just googled the location (J.I. Allison's farm) and apparently it's in TN outside of Nashville.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 07:36 by Plink.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 12, 2015 08:00

jlowe
Was rumoured that many years ago Keith had a hair transplant to deal with his receeding hairline.
Not sure if it is fact or fiction ?

If it's fact, he should sue for malpractice.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home