Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Steel Wheels Gems
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 10, 2015 17:51

blivet
GasLightStreet
Easily their second worst LP cover ever though... unforgivable.

Which one do you think is the worst of all?

Good grief. How is that even possible to question that! Of course it's...

It SHOULD've been this, this one is better at least:

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 11, 2015 05:10

blivet
GasLightStreet

If it wasn't mentioned specifically, then the answer is obvious.

Date: March 11, 2015 16:04

LeonidP
blivet
GasLightStreet

If it wasn't mentioned specifically, then the answer is obvious.

Ha ha ha ha ha! I find it funny that someone had to ask. What other Stones LP has a worse cover!!?? It's hideously obvious, innit?

When STEEL WHEELS was announced, I thought, OK, it has a bit of a ring to it. Then when I saw the hype and the LP cover... WTF is THAT? It's possibly their ugliest LP cover. It has to be. Previous LP is their worst LP cover, this one their ugliest.

Weird how from DIRTY WORK through BRIDGES TO BABYLON every album cover has been cartoonish and or garish.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 11, 2015 16:09

i think the DW cover is great. Of it´s time and the band look cool as. Prticularly a stubbly Charlie, and of course Keith. What´s up? you guys dont like colours?

At least there are no trenchcoats or black armarni suits that characterised much of their post-89 look...

Am i a lone voice in the woods on this?

(also, that other B&W portrait of the band posted above is great, I´ve never seen RW look more like KR)

Date: March 11, 2015 16:32

You may be one of a few that are in the woods on liking the cover for DW.

On a side note I have been listening to SW lately. It's such a bright and up album. And it's not @#$%& LOUD like ABB.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 11, 2015 16:37

I don´t know SW that well, however, I just got hold of the Monitor Mixes and Training Wheels, and will have some time on my hands next week. Looking forward to blazing a fat one and listening to it all. Will give some opinons then.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 11, 2015 17:35

I am one that is quite reserved towards STEEL WHEELS. Also to me, however, there is one real gem that belongs to their all time greats, "Continental Drift". Some songs are OK. But one way or the other, I don't like the way, which that album sounds. A couple of songs are relatively poorer, "Rock And A Hard Place" and "Hold On to Your Hat". And even if it is almost OK, I have never been that pleased by "Slipping Away", or for that matter "Can't Be Seen", "Almost Hear You Sigh" and "Hearts for Sale". [[b]Later addition[/b]: I shall gladly acknowledge that I sometimes think that some of the songs on this album are or possibly may be a little better than I like them. However, what I take a delight in, is more important to my assessment of music.]

As a whole, I consider STEEL WHEELS to belong to a slump, a second slump by the way, in the career of the Stones', together with DIRTY WORKS, which material is weaker, but, with that established, sounds more adequate. Compared with those two albums, VOODOO LOUNGE is better and for me makes a medium good album.(That verdict does not mean more than that most Stones albums are better, among them their latest and possibly last two studio albums.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 17:51 by Witness.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home