Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
my ten point plan for the next stones LP
Posted by: nankered ()
Date: February 26, 2015 21:18

if i had any semblance of control over the stones this is what i would do:

1.ditch don was and any other name brand producers right into the rubbish bin

2.hire eddie kramer and glyn johns for engineering/co production

3.get mick,keith,bill,mick taylor/ronnie and charlie into abbey road or Olympic studios

add as needed but only sparingly:

female back up vox/choir
keys-Art Neville -can include B3/piano/clave/wurlitzer/etc
percussion - Jack Ashford
no bloody horns/synths or anything else
use "world" instruments as need be -tablas/violin/saw/vibes/sitar/dulcimer etc on a track by track basis [oh hello brian]

4.use analog 16 track recording ONLY
no ^&*king computers at all except on the very end for mastering and conversion to the digital world

5.cut and master for vinyl first and foremost with all of the digital crap second

6.ship in several pounds of the best ganja and all other booze related liquids to the writing cabin in siberia and for the main sessions

7.jam mick and keith into a preproduction room in the middle of siberia for a month-6 weeks with no access to anything but a small tape recorder and some acoustic guitars/pens and pads,weed,food,water,beer and maybe a cell phone [not a smart phone] for emergency medical use only!!

this top secret site will only be accessed thru helicopter and the glimmer twins cannot escape until they have the DNA for the next album completed

8.confine the main recording sessions to 3 months total for 8-10 songs

9.suggest that they cover a pre war blues track their own way

10.get keith to write a few heavy riff oriented tunes with a lot of overdrive [at least 2-3 heavy tracks]

sprinkle with salt of the earth and serve piping hot!
;-)

Re: my ten point plan for the next stones LP
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2015 21:27

7.jam mick and keith into a preproduction room in the middle of siberia for a month-6 weeks with no access to anything but a small tape recorder and some acoustic guitars/pens and pads,weed,food,water,beer and maybe a cell phone [not a smart phone] for emergency medical use only!!

re: point number 7.

Will anyone periodically be checking up on them to see whether one of them has been living with a murdered corpse?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 26, 2015 21:29

oh my...

no. 7 alone would assure a speedy demise of the Rolling Stones...

Date: February 26, 2015 21:33

hhahahahahaha

ok
an addendum

there will be a security guard who is also a board certified psychiatrist assigned to the writing sessions in siberia
he will have a cattle prod and a bag of mood altering prescription medications with him [prozac.thorazine,lithium,xanax and maybe a tad of opiates for keef if he is a good boy]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-26 21:34 by nankered.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 26, 2015 21:34

at first i was going to respond with a pure fantasy comment .upon reading youre very well thought out and written 10 point plan ,i whole heartedly agree and totally support this plan . now let's get moving on this post haste !!!!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2015 21:35

duke richardson
oh my...

Maybe we could sub that with, "Employ Andrew Loog Oldham to lock them in a kitchen overnight, each with 5 songs they've written to hash them out. Perhaps include Ronnie for 'buffer'."

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 26, 2015 21:35

.use analog 16 track recording ONLY
no ^&*king computers at all except on the very end for mastering and conversion to the digital world

5.cut and master for vinyl first and foremost with all of the digital crap second

Excellent idea. Only yesterday I compared my original copy of Some Girls with a remastered 2012 vinyl. The new one is truely awful.

sc uk

Date: February 26, 2015 21:41

treaclefingers
duke richardson
oh my...

Maybe we could sub that with, "Employ Andrew Loog Oldham to lock them in a kitchen overnight, each with 5 songs they've written to hash them out. Perhaps include Ronnie for 'buffer'."

it would be like putting jerry lee lewis and chuck berry in a room together..

there would be a general yowling sound and lots of spilled blood..

Date: February 26, 2015 21:43

god
i know they are not on the same terms as they were in 1967 but jeez
is it really that bad?
can we ever recover from the "todger" incident?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 26, 2015 21:43

Re the security guard who is also a psychiatrist and the weapons at his/her disposal to control/push Keith/Mick, I would suggest an isolation room for whomever (out of Mick/Keith) gets out of hand. This room would run 24/7 images of Brian Jones with a vocal admonition for Mick/Keith to get back to and be true to the band's roots. Whomever got out of hand would have to spend a minimum of at least one hour in the room for their bad behavior; more time if they act really bad.

Date: February 26, 2015 21:44

dmay
Re the security guard who is also a psychiatrist and the weapons at his/her disposal to control/push Keith/Mick, I would suggest an isolation room for whomever (out of Mick/Keith) gets out of hand. This room would run 24/7 images of Brian Jones with a vocal admonition for Mick/Keith to get back to and be true to the band's roots. Whomever got out of hand would have to spend a minimum of at least one hour in the room for their bad behavior; more time if they act really bad.

hahahaha
YES!!!!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 26, 2015 21:48

So the idea is to basically time travel back to 1971, record an album, then time travel back to the present day and release it. On 180 gram vinyl only.

You could be on to something.

Date: February 26, 2015 21:52

andrewt
So the idea is to basically time travel back to 1971, record an album, then time travel back to the present day and release it. On 180 gram vinyl only.

You could be on to something.

yes!
180 gram limited special editions -say 10,000 copies which will include an added bonus like the postcards that came with exile or a poster etc

the rest at regular but nice weight [120] vinyl
preferably a gatefold with art work that might upset a republican or your nan

Date: February 26, 2015 21:58

art work that might upset a republican or your nan

they're older than your nan..

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 26, 2015 22:20

How original.

Maybe next you can write an essay titled, "If *I* was advising President Obama, here's what I'd say..."

Date: February 26, 2015 22:24

keefriff99
How original.

Maybe next you can write an essay titled, "If *I* was advising President Obama, here's what I'd say..."

why not add something constructive or humorous as opposed to blatant vitriol ?

Date: February 26, 2015 22:36

Can we all agree that Obama is responsible for every fluckin' thing that's wrong in the world today and our own lives - missing socks, missing love, forgotten anniversaries, being late for work, burnt meals, flat tires, etc., - and move on from there.

As nankered puts it, let's have some fun and constructive thoughts about what in the hell we want in a new Stones album. A great idea that just occurred to me for the vinyl version of a new album would be a pop up centerfold, like in a child's book, of the Stones playing their instruments and Mick at the microphone. Instant collector's item.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:07

I'm calling Keith this weekend and will let him know your 10 points. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

P.s. don't ask me for his number, I got it from one of his daughters, but he doesn't know.

Date: February 27, 2015 00:21

Hey, Koen, when you talk with Keith, let him know that if ever comes through the Phoenix, AZ, area, to stop on by my place. I'll make shepherd's pie for 'im.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:22

Sure will do, man!

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:22

If you really believe this is going to happen you must believe in unicorns.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:47

nankered
if i had any semblance of control over the stones this is what i would do:

1.ditch don was and any other name brand producers right into the rubbish bin

2.hire eddie kramer and glyn johns for engineering/co production

3.get mick,keith,bill,mick taylor/ronnie and charlie into abbey road or Olympic studios

add as needed but only sparingly:

female back up vox/choir
keys-Art Neville -can include B3/piano/clave/wurlitzer/etc
percussion - Jack Ashford
no bloody horns/synths or anything else
use "world" instruments as need be -tablas/violin/saw/vibes/sitar/dulcimer etc on a track by track basis [oh hello brian]

4.use analog 16 track recording ONLY

6.ship in several pounds of the best ganja and all other booze related liquids to the writing cabin in siberia and for the main sessions

this top secret site will only be accessed thru helicopter and the glimmer twins cannot escape until they have the DNA for the next album completed

8.confine the main recording sessions to 3 months total for 8-10 songs

9.suggest that they cover a pre war blues track their own way

10.get keith to write a few heavy riff oriented tunes with a lot of overdrive [at least 2-3 heavy tracks]

sprinkle with salt of the earth and serve piping hot!
;-)

Mine is 10 new songs

Date: February 27, 2015 01:54

What!!! There's no such thing as unicorns? Damn!!! Next thing I know is you'll be telling me there ain't no such thing as Santy Claus. If there ain't no Santy Claus, who else is gonna deliver them 10 new songs alhavu1 wants?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 27, 2015 02:09

You should make little figurines of this band that you're crafting in your head. Let's see this in 3D...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 27, 2015 02:25

keefriff99
How original.

My stocks portfolio went from $23,000 to $101,000 under Obama.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: February 27, 2015 09:30

I like the analog bit.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: February 27, 2015 13:38

If you think that the stones are ever going to make a new album then you have probably done more drugs than Keith.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 27, 2015 14:28

Keith on drugs????

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2015 15:09

More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
How original.

You've been incredibly lucky but if I were you I'd sell now. Not "now" now.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 27, 2015 16:23

dcba
More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
How original.

You've been incredibly lucky but if I were you I'd sell now. Not "now" now.

Yes i think it's time. Bears and Bulls make money. Pigs don't.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home