Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Madeline Bell in YCAGWYW
Date: February 18, 2015 13:50

Doris Troy and Madeline Bell both sang backing vocals on YCAGWYW .

Unfortunately Doris is no longer with us, but Madeline still is. The latter told me about the recordings w/the Stones. (That could be a nice story for Bjornulf's magazine)

Go and see Madeline whenever you get the opportunity. Madeline is one of the few vocalists who featured on both Stones and Beatles recordings. She was the lead singer in the fantastic Blue Mink. A few years ago she sang alongside Georgie Fame in "Singer", a musical written by Georgie Fame and Steve Gray.

She worked with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings on the Spanish tour in 2012 when Beverley Skeete was ill and it might be a wonderful idea to invite Madeline to sing on YCAGWYW.

Matt Clifford, are you there??? Why not invite Madeline on the next tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-18 13:51 by paulinestroosnijder.

Re: Madeline Bell in YCAGWYW
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 18, 2015 16:11

You have my vote Pauline.........

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 19, 2015 00:57

I had the pleasure of chatting to Madeline Bell last year. I had to end the conversation, but could've talked for hours about her experiences in the 60's: sharing a flat with Hendrix, singing back-up for Dusty Springfield, Joe Cocker and the like.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 19, 2015 05:06

Big Al
I had the pleasure of chatting to Madeline Bell last year. I had to end the conversation, but could've talked for hours about her experiences in the 60's: sharing a flat with Hendrix, singing back-up for Dusty Springfield, Joe Cocker and the like.

Nice! Love to hear a bit of your conversation concerning Hendrix. peace

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 19, 2015 20:54

Naturalust
Big Al

Nice! Love to hear a bit of your conversation concerning Hendrix. peace

It was fairly brief, admittedly. She told me was quite the sweet, humble guy and would call her 'Lady Madeline' I'm not sure how long they were living together. She just threw it in towards the end of our chat. I actually didn't realise who she was at first. She told me she used to sing on television commercials in the 1980's. It was only through my natural interest that I managed to tease more out of her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home