Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Long story: does anyone know the name of this Stones documentary?
Posted by: WillD ()
Date: February 8, 2015 01:54

Hey everyone long time lerker first time poster.
Ok, several years ago here in the USA there was a channel on tv called History International. They used to show biographies on famious people from time to time. One of them was about our main man Mick! This program was the "thing" that helped me discover the band.

It has been several years since I have seen this program so I can not remember much. I'd LOVE to find it so I could enjoy it again.
Here are the things I do remember from it.
It talked about Mick and his career from the beginning to late 80s or early 90s.
Regarding his response to the death of Bryan Jones someone on the program quoted him as saying "it goes on...they did for about a half hour"

I remember it talked about the 60s, Bryan jones death, the Hyde park speach then the band becoming a world power in the 1980s.

Bebe Bueal was in it talking about Mick. Some dude called "Nick Dagger" in a Stones tribute band talked about him. And I remember some guy talking about in the beginning Mick was about the common man then later he was selling out sports complexes in the 1980s. I think he was mad about them being about the money for something like that. Had he known how Mick would of come out in the end he "would not of helped them"

Clearly this show may not had been the most positive for his image but I'd like to see it again. Stupid story I know lol

So does this ring a bell with anyone? Any leads would be helpful.

Re: Long story: does anyone know the name of this Stones documentary?
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 8, 2015 01:56

Mick Jagger "Biography"?

Date: February 8, 2015 05:04

Thanks I look into it. I thought I had watched that and it was a different program. Good chance it was not this was several years ago.

Thank is again

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 8, 2015 09:39

WillD
Regarding his response to the death of Brian Jones someone on the program quoted him as saying
"it goes on...they did for about a half hour"

Can't help you, but I'm really curious what that means. What goes on, and who did what for about a half hour?

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: February 8, 2015 19:39

I saw it and recorded it on VHS tape around 97,98? History channel I thought it was called Biography Mick Jagger. Dont know where it is but do remember the guy who gave them their first brake I think the Crawdaddy club and he said if he had known they were going to become semi aristocratic ninkompoops who buy Islands in the caribbean and think of themselves as some sort of royalty he would have never given them a brake in the first place. Then it goes to Mick getting out of a limo at a red carpet event and there are tons of paparazzi yelling Mick! Mick!
it was good and not a fluff piece at all.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 8, 2015 20:58

The "it goes on" quote is what Mick said in the recording studio when the band found out Brian had died. They kept rehearsing/recording for another half hour or so before they decided to pack it up. I remember seeing the video but I can't remember who was in the interview, one of the sound men I think, Eddie Kramer perhaps?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 8, 2015 21:17

Date: February 9, 2015 09:49

Yeah! I think that is it. I am glad I am not the only one who remembers this.

The guy who said he would not helped them did say all that other stuff to the best I can remember . That sound dead on

Yes the "it goes on" comment was what kick said in the studio. That I do remember . Thanks everyone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home