Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RIP BRIAN JONES
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 5, 2005 23:00

I am confused.....when did Brian from the Partridge Family die???? OMG!!! I JUST BOUGHT ALL THE DVD EPISODES....... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 6, 2005 03:33

Miss U.,

Take it from a friend: Y O U N E E D H E L P.

Mathijs

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: July 6, 2005 06:21

"now that youre going again, here's a nice door -"

HAHAHAHAHA.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Date: July 6, 2005 08:58

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss Brian; and the possibility that he could have changed the direction of popular music as we know it.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: July 6, 2005 21:17

Mathijs, you're not my friend, you're my enemy, and what I need is a restraining order against you. Jerkoff.

Gazza, I'm going to be nice and to answer your question....I see what you're saying, however, as I'm sure you know, posting a thread for Brian on July 3rd has been a longstanding tradition on all boards since long before I was ever a fan of his. It's a way to remember him when the memory of Brian is long-gone for most. I have never been to England or Europe and don't plan on it anytime soon. You need to respect that some people might want to see a thread for Brian. Of course people have different ways of commemorating, and of course people can & should do both ways of remembering. Doesn't take much to post 3 letters "RIP" esp considering none of us would be on any stones boards if it weren't for Brian, and esp considering many post here every day on much more inane subjects.
It has also become apparent to me lately that anytime I mention the name Brian it becomes an excuse to slander, and that there is a certain group of stones fans on the internet who use various msg boards and want any topic about Brian to be silenced, even if they have to harrass & make themselves and thus stones fans in general appear immature asswipes in the process.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 6, 2005 21:31

I have one dumb question:

would the stones have formed without brian jones or would jagger and keith
STRAYED like so many new forming groups and been forgotten and bypassed as
another british club band

But did jagger or keith force brian out I think it was Andrew OLdham who
realized Brian could not be a frontman and write songs and the only way
for the stones to compete with the beatles was for jagger to be the frontman
and covey the whole dark side of the stones as the opposite of the beatles.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 6, 2005 21:36

Knock on wood now,

as keith would say the only way you can get out of the stones would be in
a casket. Well so far time as been good to Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman the
best muscians the band ever had to this date.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: July 6, 2005 22:34

Brian was a better musician than those two put together . . .

Date: July 6, 2005 22:40

. . . and, without Brian, Mick and Keith perhaps could have formed the best Chuck Berry cover band in the UK. Sorry, but Little Boy Blue would not have been no Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 6, 2005 23:06

I did never see a huge influence of Brian in the Stones, he was a multi-instrumentalist and sure added some nice things, but for me there is no doubt that the really good ideas,lyrics, melodies and songs always came from Keith and Mick. I don't see much sense worshipping a quite "controversial" guy (the way he treated women) and feeling personally insulted if someone has a contrary opinion.
That's really living in the past, denying reality and somehow I don't think that this degree of admiration is very healthy...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-06 23:06 by Lorenz.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 6, 2005 23:07

Miss U. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> Gazza, I'm going to be nice and to answer your
> question....I see what you're saying, however, as
> I'm sure you know, posting a thread for Brian on
> July 3rd has been a longstanding tradition on all
> boards since long before I was ever a fan of his.
> It's a way to remember him when the memory of
> Brian is long-gone for most. I have never been to
> England or Europe and don't plan on it anytime
> soon. You need to respect that some people might
> want to see a thread for Brian. Of course people
> have different ways of commemorating, and of
> course people can & should do both ways of
> remembering. Doesn't take much to post 3 letters
> "RIP" esp considering none of us would be on any
> stones boards if it weren't for Brian, and esp
> considering many post here every day on much more
> inane subjects.
> It has also become apparent to me lately that
> anytime I mention the name Brian it becomes an
> excuse to slander, and that there is a certain
> group of stones fans on the internet who use
> various msg boards and want any topic about Brian
> to be silenced, even if they have to harrass &
> make themselves and thus stones fans in general
> appear immature asswipes in the process.

I agree 100% with what you said about Brian being remembered by Stones fans on the anniversary of his death. I do it in my own way and on my own site we do it as well, and always have done. Something I know you're aware of because in past years you've more than been a part of it.

I think you've got the wrong idea, though. For whatever disagreements I may have with you, I'm GLAD you do something to keep the guy's memory alive and you're certainly NEVER going to get me 'slandering' the guy, forgetting about him or being party to whatever it is you're referring to about "silencing" any topics on him. Its not something I'm aware of on Rocks Off or on this board, which are the only two I post on. You'll have a hell of a job finding anywhere where I've been party to any of that. Contrary to what you said about me needing to respect that people want to post a thread remembering him, I'm GLAD you made the initial post in this thread and I certainly have no problem with you or anyone else doing so. I'd have been disappointed if no-one had, actually.

However, like many people, I dont tend to post "RIP" to someone on the anniversary of their death. As I said above, I have my own way of commemorating his anniversary. Other people have theirs too, so while rightly wanting people to respect Brian's memory, you should respect THEIR opinions too instead of haranguing them for not doing so the way you see fit, and not referring to them as "asswipes" for not going along with you. If anything, such hostility puts people off from making future posts in the thread.

I'm aware that Brian's shortcomings as a human being rankle with a few people who let that opinion of him override sentiment about his contribution to the band. I find that sad and inappropriate in an "in memoriam" thread - theres a place for everything and a thread respecting a dead person isn't it, but neither is it appropriate to use such a thread as an excuse to dictate to people. Many people may indeed be rude at times but theyre not stupid and know who Brian Jones was, so I dont think they deserve to be spoken to as if they are idiotic children.

Hope that clarifies it. Ta-ta.

Date: July 7, 2005 00:15

Miss U.,

The funny thing is, I am not a "keitholic", nor anti-Brian in any sort of form. I indeed do think he was only important from 1963 until late 1964, and then it was clear that Jagger and Richards ARE the Stones. Brian was a multi-instrumentalist, but mainly to his disadvantage: he wasn't particularly good at any instrument, something you see more with multi-instrumentalists. He did add some nice things to certain songs, but mainly he was leading the Stones into a direction that didn't fit them. He could not write songs, and he could not handle the strain of being part of the second biggest band in the world. In the end, he is just a sad case, like Syd Barret and Brian Wilson.

And the reason most of the threads about Brian turn into making fun of him, is because you are involved. In writing (I don't know you personally) you seem like an obsessed women with a very awkward and sometimes scary way of worshipping Brian. You act like those Elvis fans, wearing a rhinestone suit and denying the fact that he was drugged up and bloated when he died. Even, denying he died at all. You attribute things to Brian which are so insanely stupid ("he wrote Honky Tonk Women"), you turn everything you're involved in into a joke. You're not honouring the man, your making him look like a fool. The best you can do to honour him, is to stay away from the subject.

Mathijs

Date: July 7, 2005 00:36

Mathijs, perhaps the reason you are judging someone you don't know & have never met (me) is because you're a tad immature and are ganging up on me as some of the Keithaholics have done for years on various other boards. It is sick and hostile, and never ends. Rumours, heresy, lies, gossip, vengeance, competition, jealousy. I am very tired of stones fans who act like that. I never denied Brian is dead!! As for how he died, well that's up for debate; I just know what I've read in the past, and the truth will come out some day so I leave that to the experts working on the case. I suppose you're so smart and not at all in denial, that you must think it was insanely stupid for Brian's father to state in 69 Brian was working on a song called HTW.
It is clear you are harrassing me on here, and have done so numerous times. This is a reflection of you & your personality, not mine. Kindly leave me alone. The ongoing harrassment by you & others in the past is why I will be leaving IORR and all stones boards. I don't worship Brian, I readily admit he had faults...this is quite contrary to the godlike hero worship I've seen all over the web by Keith fans. Perhaps it offends people that I don't hero worship Keith, and that is why I attract such hostility to begin with, and that just keeps on and snowballs from there with some sick people posting lies like you have posted about me.

You wrote:

"The best you can do to honour him, is to stay away from the subject."

Trust me, I will be staying away from the subject, as I have decided I am so disgusted I will no longer post on any stones sites. Why do you suppose I no longer work on my Brian Jones site, have stopped for the last 2 years? It's because I am not worshipping Brian, and because I grew tired of this shit.
But thanks for proving yet again that there are stones fans who want anything I say about Brian silenced, however little I say about him on such a day as July 2/3.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-07 01:11 by Miss U..

Date: July 7, 2005 01:01

Mathjis wrote:

>(Brian) was not particularly good at any instrument . . .

So he wasn't particularly good at harmonica and slide guitar? You're kidding, aren't you?

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: July 7, 2005 01:20

keithaholics hahaha thas a good one...well guess I am one but I have to say:

RIP Brian ... your influence will never fade away

and

RIP Jim ... way ahead of your time and you knew it

Posted by: Stonesgail ()
Date: July 7, 2005 01:32

Lorenz Wrote:
> I don't> see much sense worshipping a quite "controversial"
> guy (the way he treated women) and feeling
> personally insulted if someone has a contrary
> opinion. > That's really living in the past, denying reality
> and somehow I don't think that this degree of
> admiration is very healthy...
>
>

Agreed. Let the man rest in peace.

Gail

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: July 7, 2005 01:46

Wait a minute...so Keith killed Brian right???? The experts are stillworking on it...???

Ahhhh come on all Keith did was steal his girl friend, who was more than willing to dump the guy becuz he was abusive and a bit of a freak .... he took too many pills and and drank too much, nobody killed him, he killed himself...

He was an influence but thas it...Mick & Keith started writing together early on and it worked so that's the direction they went in...I have read alot of s--t too about how they teamed up against him and stole his band, blah blah blah, guess you had to be there...they were young and rich and obnoxious and Brian wasn't strong enough to fight back or just quit and start his own band, so he just lost himself in drugs and took all his anger out on his girl friends...

sad story but what can ya do...

Date: July 7, 2005 09:56

neptune Wrote:
> Mathjis wrote:
>
> >(Brian) was not particularly good at any
> instrument . . .
>
> So he wasn't particularly good at harmonica and
> slide guitar? You're kidding, aren't you?

You're right, I forgot the harmonica, he was truly an excellent harmonica player. And no, in my opinion he wasn't a good slide guitarist. He might have been the first in England, he might have done a fine job (adding to the "he added some great parts to some songs), but technically he wasn't very good. He couldn't play beyond chordal phrasing in open E. His parts in Little Red Rooster and No Expectations for example are very tasty, but I wouldn't call it a showcase of advanced playing.

Mathijs

Date: July 7, 2005 10:16

Miss U. Wrote:
> Mathijs, perhaps the reason you are judging
> someone you don't know & have never met (me)
> is because you're a tad immature and are ganging
> up on me as some of the Keithaholics have done for
> years on various other boards.

Miss You., before you answer a posting, first READ the damn thing. I never met you, and you are fully judged by me only through your writing. And, in this you come accross as a very disturbed woman with obsessive behaviour. And, you just can't accept or see that people are ganging up on you isn't because they are immature or "keitholics (what the @#$%& is that by the way, don't be rediculous) but because it is YOUR behaviour that provokes such reactions.

> never denied Brian is dead!!

Again, READ before you answer. I said you look like those Elvis fans whom denies Elvis is dead.

> I suppose you're so smart and not at all in
> denial, that you must think it was insanely stupid
> for Brian's father to state in 69 Brian was
> working on a song called HTW.

Well, some people state they have seen little elves dancing on top of a strawberry cake at breakfast. I have a hard time believing that too. Brian's father statement can only be a wrong statement for all the reasons I have mentioned several times before.

> It is clear you are harrassing me on here, and
> have done so numerous times. This is a reflection
> of you & your personality, not mine.

Sorry to inform you, it's your mental state of mind that provokes me to react on you. By the way, I am not herrassing you, I only describe how you come accross in writing.

> offends people that I don't hero worship Keith,
> and that is why I attract such hostility to begin
> with, and that just keeps on and snowballs from
> there with some sick people posting lies like you
> have posted about me.

You are truly deeply disturbed. That's all I can say. If you really believe all this, I would really advise you to seek profesional help.

> But thanks for proving yet again that there are
> stones fans who want anything I say about Brian
> silenced, however little I say about him on such a
> day as July 2/3.

No, you are free to write and discuss everything about Brian, but your method is to attribut things to Brian that are either doubtfull or just simply untrue. By doing this, your taking away from Brian, not adding. And, your doing it in such a psychotic and mentally disturbed way, it's funny again and it will provoke a lot of what you call herrassing.

Mathijs

Date: July 7, 2005 10:50

Over the nearly four years I've been a member of this board, I've learned to respect Mathijs's opinion. It may not be the most popular opinion, but he's always thought out what he wants to say, AND he says it in better English than most Limeys or Yanks. Oh, yeah... I forgot to say that I sucking up to him so he'll buy me a juf of strong liquer next February and I can throw up in Schine's car!!!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: July 7, 2005 16:43

Mathjis, what do you mean by advanced playing? How to play super fast like Duane Allman or use vibrato ala Mick Taylor? Personally, I prefer the down home, 1950's Chicago Blues simplicity of Brian's slide playing over the endless noodlings of 'advanced' players. Brian had FEEL which is something that can't be measured by how many notes you strike per second, how distinct one's tone is, etc. You also have to remember that Brian's heyday as a slide player was 1963-1964, well before the guitar revolution later in the decade via Beck, Clapton, and Hendrix. Brian should be judged in the context of his own times and style, which was, as I noted before, 1950's Chicago electric blues. To write off BJ as 'not good' is , I believe, terribly misleading and misinformed. I recently watched Brian give a splendid performance during Little Red Rooster on Ed Sullivan (May 2nd, 1965). 'Average' is NOT a word that comes to mind to describe his slide playing that night . . .

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: July 7, 2005 17:00

Mathijs: Considering your recent postings on this thread I take it that you have plenty of spare time since Flip the switch disbanded. If you feel like killing a few hours, smoke some grass, man. That'll prevent you from losing your cool.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 7, 2005 17:31

I have a fargoing understanding for much (some?) of Miss U:s writing.
But we all know Keith Richards found out the riff(s) to HTW; its so obvious when you hear it. Brian may have some kind of involvement, but if you read anything about him (e.g. Anna Wohlin´s & Christine Lindsjöö´s book), you see he was very stressed by the fact he didnt have any involvement with the songs.

Date: July 7, 2005 21:08

Mathijs, if you have anything respectful about Brian to add to this RIP thread about him, do so. Otherwise, get out. You're spamming here.
In a kind world, I should be free to post my opinions on Brian and my opinions about his death on any message board without being harassed by some @#$%& who disagrees or doesn't want to believe in what Brian's father says. Not that I'm interested in discussing Brian with you. I hope you find the maturity to end your hateful tirade. I've never done anything to you Mathijs, so I don't know what your problem is, except that you have one. The fact that you're so... hateful, and so obssessed with harrassing me, is truly alarming. Very ugly personality. You've seen them over 30 times since 83! Wow, congrats, I've only seen them 3x in concert; talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Seek help.
I would offer my counselling services, but got better things to do!!
Poor Mick Taylor had to suffer having that beer with you....christ!!!! LOL!!!

[p207.ezboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-07 21:20 by Miss U..

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: July 7, 2005 22:23

To Miss U:
For God's sake, woman, put a sock in it already and give us all on the board a ferking break.

Brian's dead, has been dead for about 40 years (or WHATEVER), and unlike the victims in London today, was killed by himself and by himself exclusively by either:
1)dabbling in drugs he couldn't handle
2) being exceedingly thirsty and, not being able to find a single clean glass in the sodding joint, deciding to drink from the pool, thus falling in
3)swimming under the influence of some heavy-duty shit
or 4) all of the above.

You RIPed him. He got his statue, we all think it's ugly, on that we can agree. Now let's move on.

And, sadly and despite not knowing you at all, I have to second Mathij's as well as Gazza's point that you come across as either a very disturbed, or paranoid-psychotic, or somewhere in between person.

If you were a cat it would be my ethical duty to put you to down to relieve you from your endless misery. As you're not, could I politely ask you to shut the ferk up?
Your whinging and whining is extremely tedious by now and brings my gender into disrepute.

Thank you!

To Mathijs, the drop-dead-gorgeous-hunkily-handsome guitarist:
You've made your point. All us normal people around here agree with you unanimously.
So can we stop this now?
Please?
Thankyou!
And will you please tell me which electric guitar (beginner, budget about 500£ maximum) to best buy for my 12-year old's birthday in September????

Johanna

Date: July 8, 2005 00:39

Jostorm, save your breath & your disturbed violent outbursts; you're obviously here to gang up and to back up the hateful Mathijs in his obssessive harrassment, and that speaks volumes about you. Hey you find this tedious? Imagine putting up with it for years as I have! How'd ya like that!! Real nice huh! Amazing though that you inadvertently backed up my points about the ganging up and the attempts to silence any thread about Brian. You must be real stupid! LOL. However it is good to know there are some decent level-headed stones fans like the people who posted about the original topic of this thread, and John R, Baboon Bro, Neptune, Open G, MLC, Smokey and Rank Outsider, and Keefkid seems ok.
Since I know a few losers will now go on a hateful blitz ad nauseam in more efforts at slander, I won't be reading this thread or any other threads on stones boards, have a nice life if you have one, and may you be treated as you've treated others.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-08 01:18 by Miss U..

IS ANYONE ELSE SICK OF THE RIP BRYAN POSTS?
Posted by: Stonesgail ()
Date: July 8, 2005 03:54

I know I am.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home