Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
RIP BRIAN JONES
Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: July 3, 2005 00:00

RIP July 2/3 1969.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Re: love & light, Brian
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 3, 2005 00:14

- 1968, by Peter Shillingford; courtesy of BrownEyedGirll

thanks & praises, man, and love & light.

Re: RIP BRIAN JONES
Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 3, 2005 01:00

Great pictures (dont recall seeing the bearded Brian w/ Jimi photo before)
Thanks!

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: July 3, 2005 03:20

RIP Brian, MISS YOU!

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 3, 2005 03:27

Beautiful cat...Hope your resting peacefully Brian.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: July 3, 2005 05:24

rest in peace

hes born the same day like me

rest in peace brian

go forward with your sitar , just playing the rock!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Date: July 3, 2005 19:44

Only 5 responses?!! Let us remember who founded this band or there would be no IORR msg board!

[p207.ezboard.com]

Posted by: stonedstone ()
Date: July 3, 2005 21:22

still love you...never forget you!!!
Thanx Brian!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 3, 2005 21:53

Miss U. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only 5 responses?!! Let us remember who founded
> this band or there would be no IORR msg board!
>

Please. You dont have to place an "in memoriam" notice to prove you remember the guy.

Give people more credit than that - playing the band's music on a regular basis, especially from that era, makes it somewhat hard to forget his contribution. That isnt going to diminish.

maybe some people actually find it strange posting messages on a website to a dead person. It doesnt mean they've forgotten him or dont care.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 4, 2005 12:18

RIP Brian
and RIP Jim

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 4, 2005 12:30

RIP brian

On the news last night it featured a bust of brian jones being unvieled in the shopping centre in cheltenham.

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: July 4, 2005 14:41

...and i heard that the bust had yellow hair and a green face...and it is stuffed inside a shopping centre!!! What are those dopey Councillors on in Cheltenham?!! Get em out of office or off their arses and build a huge statue.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 4, 2005 15:12

I must admit it did seem a bit strange looking, but everything does after a weekend of captains morgan rum.

Date: July 4, 2005 20:46

Interesting how no other asswipes objected to all the other non-stones related RIPs on this board! If you have to ask why do it, maybe you don't belong here, or it's not a particularly good place to be....

RIP Jimmy & Chief Mojo too.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-04 20:47 by Miss U..

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 4, 2005 21:41

RIP who?

Mathijs

Date: July 4, 2005 21:43

34 years today since Jimbo was found dead at his Paris hotel.
And yesterday 36 years Brian died in his Cotchford pool.
A heavenly jam awaits us (Stonefree Jimi on lead?
Bonham & Moon on drums? Otis on co-vocals,
and Johnny Johnson, Stu & Nicky on piano?)

Date: July 4, 2005 21:45

Miss U. Wrote:
> Interesting how no other asswipes objected to all
> the other non-stones related RIPs on this board!
> If you have to ask why do it, maybe you don't
> belong here, or it's not a particularly good place to be

No one's 'objecting' to it. Some of us just have our own ways of respecting the man's memory without being lectured into how to do so as if its some kind of competition.

Date: July 4, 2005 21:55

now come on lads, be nice, Miss U can't help it, she's just a bit obsessively compulsive about poor old Brian. And she's having a tough day because poor Brian has just been immortalized as a Marsian with a blonde wick. Cut her some slack!

Mathijs

Date: July 5, 2005 00:33

I have decided I will no longer post on IORR; it is apparent that most here don't show respect for Brian enough to remember him or comemmorate a day so important. Mathijs has been harrassing me and is obssessed with slandering me on here yet he doesn't know a thing about me. Because I am a Brian fan. It's unfortunate that I have been harrassed for years by various idiots, mostly Keithaholics, no matter what board I post on, just because I am a Brian fan. I can't even post "RIP Brian" without Mathijs using the memory of Brian as an excuse to call me names. Amazing Gazza that you run a stones board and can't even understand why there should be a thread commemorating Brian. Unbelievable. Most impressive. Stones fans are truly disgusting, it's been proven to me time & time again no matter what board I go on, as was proven on Rocks Off, Shidoobee, Undercover and now here. Yes, you're right Gazza....it's wrong to want to start a thread about Brian. He should be forgotten.

Mathijs, you can @#$%& off, you're just a stones-obssessed arrogant ignorant young brat and I am so happy I never met you. People like you really reflect poorly on stones fans as a whole. Did you learn by now that Shine A Light is about Brian, you IDIOT!!!! Here's another for you, Mathijs-- Brian wrote HTW. Good riddance!

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: July 5, 2005 01:34

Miss U. Wrote:
> I Amazing Gazza that
> you run a stones board and can't even understand
> why there should be a thread commemorating Brian.
> Unbelievable. Most impressive. Stones fans are
> truly disgusting, it's been proven to me time
> & time again no matter what board I go on, as
> was proven on Rocks Off, Shidoobee, Undercover and
> now here. Yes, you're right Gazza....it's wrong
> to want to start a thread about Brian. He should
> be forgotten.
>

Oh, come down off your bloody cross, you twisted crybaby

Where the hell did I say there shouldnt be a thread commemorating Brian? Show me where in either of my posts above I showed him any disrespect? Of course there should. What I do have a problem with (I'm explaining it for the 3rd time, try and keep up) is twits like you haranguing me or anyone else for not posting "RIP Brian" and dictating HOW we remember the guy. Just because you feel like getting out your prayer mat and bowing in the direction of Cheltenham five times a day doesnt mean you have the right to dictate to everyone else how they mark the guy's passing. How the hell do YOU know anyway what I or anyone else does to commemorate it?

We have a thread on it on Rocks Off and have had header pictures of him all weekend - as we always do at this time of year - and we have headers and threads devoted to him on a regular basis throught each and every year. You know that as well as I do haveing been a regular there for years, so dont try and twist this into another "everyones abandoned him but me" exercise in martyrdom just because you've taken a hissy fit with the admins and/or regulars on every board you've posted on.

So much for Mathijs using this thread as an excuse to call you names. You were the first person in this thread to get abusive with anyone by using the expression "asswipe", not me, and not Mathijs.

If you've felt the need to leave four Rolling Stones sites because of some persecution complex over Brian Jones, I think that says more about you than the rest of us. If anything, its that mentality which insults the man's memory.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-05 03:38 by Gazza.

Posted by: Stonesgail ()
Date: July 5, 2005 02:41

I like your style, Gazza.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: July 5, 2005 06:12

Ditto what Gazza wrote.

I hardly think a thread dedicated to Brian's anniversary that includes "asswipe" and so on is really fitting.
However I think he might find it hilarious.

I thought about him and Jimbo on the 3rd and have only recently been to both respective graves and (until now) I didn't add to the thread to put 'RIP' and so on.

People will remember them the way they wish.
Adding to a thread neither adds or diminishes to people's memory of them.

Mathijs - Brian was the guitarist in the Stones from 1962-1969.
He had blonde hair and drank alot.

:0)

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Date: July 5, 2005 06:24

Mathijs Wrote:
> now come on lads, be nice, Miss U can't help it,
> she's just a bit obsessively compulsive about poor
> old Brian. And she's having a tough day because
> poor Brian has just been immortalized as a Marsian
> with a blonde wick. Cut her some slack!
>
> Mathijs
>

Mathijs,
If I'm not mistaken, you're displaying a wry sense of humour today! Can I count on that same sense of humour when I (hopefully, if Schuine lets me) buy you a Bols liquer next February?
>

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: July 5, 2005 14:01

The Menace of Mayfair Wrote:
> Mathijs,
> If I'm not mistaken, you're displaying a wry sense
> of humour today! Can I count on that same sense
> of humour when I (hopefully, if Schuine lets me)
> buy you a Bols liquer next February?

Absolutely! Schuine has my number, so just ring me up and we'll have a Jonge together!

Mathijs

Date: July 5, 2005 14:14

Miss U. Wrote:
> Mathijs has been harrassing me and
> is obssessed with slandering me on here yet he

> I can't even post "RIP
> Brian" without Mathijs using the memory of Brian
> as an excuse to call me names.

I have never ever herrassed you. Show me ONE message by me that ever herrassed you or called you names. Just one. You can't, because that's not my style. I did however describe your mental state of mind, which is very scary.

> Because I am a
> Brian fan.

No, because you're an idiot. Damn, I just called you names, even though that's not my style.

> It's unfortunate that I have been
> harrassed for years by various idiots, mostly
> Keithaholics, no matter what board I post on, just
> because I am a Brian fan.

No, because you're an utter idiot obsessed with Brian. You once said you had an degree in psychiatry -as a patient I assume?

> it's been proven to me time
> & time again no matter what board I go on, as
> was proven on Rocks Off, Shidoobee, Undercover and
> now here.

Well, maybe, just maybe, think about it, think about the slight possibility, when so many boards with so many people don't take you seriously and herrass you and think you're a bit nutty, could it, I say "could" it be because of......you?

> stones-obssessed arrogant ignorant young brat and

Well, what's wrong with this? Come on girl, I know you can do better!

> Did you learn by now that Shine A Light is about
> Brian, you IDIOT!!!! Here's another for you,
> Mathijs-- Brian wrote HTW. Good riddance!

I'm flabbergasted. Really dear? Shine a Light about Brian? wow, now I am a convert. Hail Brian! Please let me know when you will go praise the Green Marsian with The Scary Wick and lick the pedestal he's on, I will be there with you.

No go take you medication dear, you need it.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-05 14:49 by Mathijs.

Date: July 5, 2005 21:01

You're still harrassing & slandering, Mathijs, just as you did in your first post in the thread, and just as you've done several times before since I set foot on this board....but if that makes you feel better about yourself go ahead; what's more it's not even original, you're just copying word for word all the other obssessed Keithaholics who've put me down when they don't know me at all, because they can't face the truth about Brian & Keith, and they don't want the Brian investigation reopened.
As for Gazza, your original post was very disrespectful, but that's just typical Gazza, and I never did like the people on your board, such a negative & harassing atmosphere.
"Must be hell". Carry on, asswipes. Bye!

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: July 5, 2005 21:31

Keithaholics gotta be a threatened sort of species at this board.

What I can feel is that too many people here post after they´ve put
up a indication finger in the air first. Gazza aint one of them.

It´s sad that you 2 (mathijs/miss u) cant put a dialogue;
why don´t you give it a try!

Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 5, 2005 22:09

what the heck is going on here???? love people love, thats what its about. If you have it today, you don't wear it tomorrow.... cause you don't NEED. And as a matter of fact, as we discover on the train... tomorrow never happens man.... its all the same @#$%& day man!!!!

WHO THE HELL IS THIS "BRIAN" ANYWAY????? WASN'T HE A HERMANS HERMIT???? OR DID HE BACK UP BETTE MIDLER WITH BARRY MANALOW, I CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH.......

"MY PEERS MAY FLIRT WITH CABERET, SOME FAKE THIER REBEL YELL. ME IAM MOVING ONTO HIGHER GROUND, I MUST ESCAPE THIER HELL!!!"

Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 5, 2005 22:14

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Iam sorry Miss U, I didnt mean to be so rude. I had no Idea you were a fan of the Partridge Family....Brian was SHIRLEY JONES'S OLDEST SON!!! Right on Miss U .... rock on.... LIKE WOW!!

Date: July 5, 2005 22:44

Miss U. Wrote:
>> As for Gazza, your original post was very
> disrespectful,

oh youre still here after all? No surprise there...

which part was 'disrespectful' ? Do tell...here it is again

Please. You dont have to place an "in memoriam" notice to prove you remember the guy.

Give people more credit than that - playing the band's music on a regular basis, especially from that era, makes it somewhat hard to forget his contribution. That isnt going to diminish.

maybe some people actually find it strange posting messages on a website to a dead person. It doesnt mean they've forgotten him or dont care.

but that's just typical Gazza, and
> I never did like the people on your board,

I think I can safely speak on behalf of the 3,000 members by saying that the feeling is more than mutual

such a
> negative & harassing atmosphere.
> "Must be hell". Carry on, asswipes. Bye!
>

now that youre going again, here's a nice door -

dont let it hit you on the ass on the way out...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home