Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stanley Booth Interview about '69 tour on NPR
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: January 28, 2015 19:22

Stanley Booth will be on the US public radio show "Sound Opinions" this weekend discussing the '69 tour and Altamont.

"Last month marked the 45th anniversary of the Rolling Stones' notorious gig at the Altamont Speedway. Author Stanley Booth was there to witness it, and he joins Jim and Greg for a discussion about the band and their 1969 tour."

I've posted links to the stations/times it airs on and also a link to the podcast of the episode. That link will most likely not actually work until this weekend once the show airs.

[tunein.com]

[www.soundopinions.org]

Re: Stanley Booth Interview about '69 tour on NPR
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 1, 2015 22:59

mnewman505
Stanley Booth will be on the US public radio show "Sound Opinions" this weekend discussing the '69 tour and Altamont.

"Last month marked the 45th anniversary of the Rolling Stones' notorious gig at the Altamont Speedway. Author Stanley Booth was there to witness it, and he joins Jim and Greg for a discussion about the band and their 1969 tour."

I've posted links to the stations/times it airs on and also a link to the podcast of the episode. That link will most likely not actually work until this weekend once the show airs.

[tunein.com]

[www.soundopinions.org]

Now online for download/listen.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 1, 2015 23:11

Muchas gracias El Capitan, just tuned in.

...and you too, mnewman505. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-01 23:22 by latebloomer.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 2, 2015 15:04

mnewman505, thank you for the link, quite interesting to here his perceptions of the band.
He says he and Keith are still in contact.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 2, 2015 21:42

that's who should have been Gram Parsons' biographer, Stanley Booth..

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 2, 2015 22:18

Stanley Booth gives a great interview.....can say with conviction that I find both Jim and Craig unlistenable...have told them so as well...their opinion of Bowie sucks especially

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 3, 2015 05:08

Jim, works for the Sun Times in Chicago, and writes the most bitter, hateful
And uninformed reviews of the Chicago stones concerts I have ever read.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 3, 2015 14:09

Rip This
Stanley Booth gives a great interview.....

Yes he does, he's a true southerner and they are born talkers. Interesting tales, especially about the Angels. It's still up, for anyone who missed it last weekend.

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: February 3, 2015 19:26

Started out as a great interview, with so much potential.

I love his take on Merideth Hunter, basically saying what an idiot he was. I couldn't agree more.

Other than that, this just turns into a very lazy interview from someone who clearly has quite a bit of contempt for the Stones.

Stanley Booth drones on and on and on about mostly nothing of any substance.

Most annoying of all, when Stanley does start to say something noteworthy, it goes into annoying song breaks.

One thing Stanley clearly wants to make clear to everyone listening is that he is friends with Keith. We get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-03 20:00 by KennedyLetsWork.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: February 3, 2015 21:38

Thanks for posting

Date: February 3, 2015 22:07

KennedyLetsWork-

clearly has quite a bit of contempt for the Stones.

what does he say in the interview that makes you think that..

he's not fan-worshipful of them, that's true but they wouldn't have wanted him around if he was..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 3, 2015 22:14

KennedyLetsWork

I love his take on Merideth Hunter, basically saying what an idiot he was. I couldn't agree more.

Other than that, this just turns into a very lazy interview from someone who clearly has quite a bit of contempt for the Stones.

Most annoying of all, when Stanley does start to say something noteworthy, it goes into annoying song breaks.

One thing Stanley clearly wants to make clear to everyone listening is that he is friends with Keith. We get it.

Yeah he's great friends with Brian, Gram, Stu, Keith, Shirley, Charlie, Tony F., Jo and anyone and everyone in the stones camp. A typical story of someone who was swept up in the tornado of the Stones and barely survived. Good thing he is a good writer and in the right place at the right time because the stories are good entertainment. peace

Date: February 3, 2015 22:32

Naturalust
KennedyLetsWork

Yeah he's great friends with Brian, Gram, Stu, Keith, Shirley, Charlie, Tony F., Jo and anyone and everyone in the stones camp. A typical story of someone who was swept up in the tornado of the Stones and barely survived. Good thing he is a good writer and in the right place at the right time because the stories are good entertainment. peace

I think Stanley Booth would agree that it was a real special time. a 'tornado', maybe not.

he had a great subject and he knew it. he facilitated a lot of the interaction the Stones and some prominent blues players.

he was useful to them.

if he expressed contempt for anything in that interview, it was for the Beatles.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 3, 2015 22:39

duke richardson
if he expressed contempt for anything in that interview, it was for the Beatles.

lol Yeah that statement that The Beatles ruined music was pretty shocking. Not sure what he meant except possibly that's when image and such became as important as the music. But The Beatles really delivered music wise after the fab period and surely more than made up for it.

His statements about MJ were also rather negative, albiet guarded.

peace

Date: February 3, 2015 22:42

Naturalust
duke richardson

lol Yeah that statement that The Beatles ruined music was pretty shocking. Not sure what he meant except possibly that's when image and such became as important as the music. But The Beatles really delivered music wise after the fab period and surely more than made up for it.

His statements about MJ were also rather negative, albiet guarded.

peace

yeah I thought that was a bit hard on the old Beatles..

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: February 4, 2015 08:55

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. I meant that contempt was from the interviewer, not Stanley. I thought the interviewer made a number of snotty passive-aggressive comments about the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-04 08:56 by KennedyLetsWork.

Stanley Booth on US public radio "Sound Opinions"
Posted by: BlondeOnBonds ()
Date: February 4, 2015 02:47

Excellent interview with Booth on "Sound Opinions", a weekly music show based out of Chicago. Great stuff!
[soundopinions.org]

Re: Stanley Booth on US public radio "Sound Opinions"
Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 4, 2015 07:21

Is this not the same topic, BOB, started a few days ago or so?

[www.iorr.org]

~"Love is Strong"~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2275
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home