Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Track Talk: Sweet Black Angel
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 21, 2019 18:09

How did Mick Taylor get bumped out of the credits on this one? Andy Johns said the music was all recorded at the same time, and the instrumental backing track proves that. So did Richards play two guitars at once?

Even "the Bible" Timeisonourside has Taylor listed on the second acoustic guitar.

Remember, the music was recorded in 1970 during the Sticky Fingers era. Vocals were overdubbed later in LA.

Date: February 21, 2019 18:14

TravelinMan
How did Mick Taylor get bumped out of the credits on this one? Andy Johns said the music was all recorded at the same time, and the instrumental backing track proves that. So did Richards play two guitars at once?

Even "the Bible" Timeisonourside has Taylor listed on the second acoustic guitar.

Remember, the music was recorded in 1970 during the Sticky Fingers era. Vocals were overdubbed later in LA.

I see this was discussed earlier and Dandy got it changed at Timeisonourside

Good work.

Date: February 21, 2019 23:14

TravelinMan

Timeisonourside is not the Bible in Stones-Context, it's the bible for certain people that believe Keith Richards can play the guitar like John McLaughlin. No pun intended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 23:34 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: February 22, 2019 00:08

Sweet Black Angel is a fantastic song, one of their finest and one of my favorites. The music changes moods perfectly as the song goes along, amazing vocal. The guitars and percussion have a pulsating flow underneath. I love the early part when the harmonica is subtle and soft.

Date: February 22, 2019 04:07

TheflyingDutchman
TravelinMan

Timeisonourside is not the Bible in Stones-Context, it's the bible for certain people that believe Keith Richards can play the guitar like John McLaughlin. No pun intended.

smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 22, 2019 05:57

jahisnotdead
Sweet Black Angel is a fantastic song, one of their finest and one of my favorites. The music changes moods perfectly as the song goes along, amazing vocal. The guitars and percussion have a pulsating flow underneath. I love the early part when the harmonica is subtle and soft.

I have played this studio track literally 1,000 times plus over years
so imagine when I heard the 1 live version 1st time last year-
Played in 1972 same musicians so close to date of recorded studio track and yet,
Not the same. It was an experience to me/ off kilter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-22 05:57 by 35love.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: February 22, 2019 21:21

Hit List Yeah so like some things never change. Angela Davis on crazy coast guards guy to kill list.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home