Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My new book...After the Stones in Portugal
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: January 8, 2015 18:59

Hi fellow IORReans! Following the release of my first book “The Rolling Stones in Portugal” (2012) I was invited by the best Portuguese Rock´n´Roll band , Xutos& Pontapés, to make their official book that commemorates their 35 years of success. They are constantly named the Portuguese Rolling Stones, and open for them twice (2003 and 2014). So here I present you my latest book, entitled “ Aqui Xutos & Pontapés” ( Here Xutos & Pontapés ( the welcome sentence that singer usually salutes the audience ), that got the foreword from the former President of Portugal, Jorge Sampaio , Its time that the official power recognizes the importance and the power of Rock´n´Roll music…Here he is on one of the photos, on the day of the piblic release, together with me and the band...For writing this book,I had to follow the band for around 4 years, on the road, concerts, studios, rehearsals, tv stations, etc etc, and believe me….it was great… because they opened for the Stones in 2014, in Rock in Rio in Lisbon, I was part of their entourage, which naturally, made that I meet the Stones, and their staff in the backstage …great memoirs from that day. This book came only because the band really loved my book about the Stones…

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-08 19:32 by Riffbuk.

Re: My new book...After the Stones in Portugal
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 8, 2015 19:09

Rolling Stones em Portugal is a great book, and your new book must be awesome, too. All the best for you, Riffbuk! Hope to meet you again soon. winking smiley

smileys with beer

Date: January 8, 2015 19:33

Thank You Cristiano for your words! Hope to see you soon too, on another Stones concert...Abração!

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: January 8, 2015 20:18

What's the meaning of Xutos & Pontapés ?
Kicks and ??

Date: January 8, 2015 20:41

Pontapés it´s a different word for kicks

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: January 8, 2015 21:04

Parabéns Rolando! Que grande honra thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 9, 2015 03:46

Congratulations on your book, riffbuck!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-09 03:48 by angee.

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: January 9, 2015 08:41

Congratulations Riffbuk, keep on rocking thumbs up

--------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 9, 2015 09:06

Sounds interesting. Congrats on the publishing of your work. Unfortunately , I've never heard of this band. Can you suggest or post some music by them which may peak my interest in both the band and the book? Thanks.

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home