Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Lion and the Snake
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: December 14, 2014 01:50

Just got back from the Who at Manchester Arena. Before A quick one Pete told a funny story about the Rock and Roll circus where he described Keith Moon and Keith Richards as the lion and the snake and we could decide for ourselves which was which. It was obviously KR in the snake role.
I know PT is Mick's mate but can anyone shed light on his dislike of our Mr Richards?

Re: The Lion and the Snake
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 14, 2014 02:03

Interesting story thanks for sharing that but I think you are over simplifying the relationship.

But here is an article where Pete talks about nothing but his relationships and thoughts on the Stones, you can decide for yourself.

[rockhall.com]

But even more honest (since he wasn't inducting the Stones into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) and revealing is this quote from a 2012 interview:

What’s the best portrayal of a rock musician you’ve ever read?

There is no “best.”.?.?. They’re all rather wanting. I’d prefer to read “White Mischief” than “Life,” written by Keith Richards with James Fox. That sounds snobby. There is no one I love and admire more in rock than Keith Richards, I just feel he should have scrawled it all by himself. I have a couple of handwritten notes from Keef that say so much in a few words. Just like his music.

peace

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-14 02:19 by Naturalust.

Date: December 14, 2014 15:27

Well "Life" is pretty bad but imagine how much worse it would be had no-one been there to rein him in now and again.
Anyways it's pretty unfair of PT with his literary background to expect other rock stars to write their own books sans ghostwriter as he claims to have done.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: December 14, 2014 18:02

I'm reading Graham Nash's autobiography, "Wild Tales." It appears he penned this by himself. No other writers listed. I believe he's quite capable. Very talented man.

Great read as well.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Date: December 14, 2014 21:51

Mr Natural
That's why I find it curious that he has gone from talking so fondly of him to describing him as a snake in front of 18,000 Who fans.

Date: December 14, 2014 22:27

vertigojoe
Mr Natural
That's why I find it curious that he has gone from talking so fondly of him to describing him as a snake in front of 18,000 Who fans.

Well maybe Pete likes snakes? I hear you Joe, but I'm also guessing he was specifically referring to his R&R Circus experience and it's quite possible Keith's reptilian behavior was in full force that day.

It might have had something to do with Keith's treatment of Brian, who was in Pete's own words a very close friend.

peace

Posted by: z ()
Date: December 15, 2014 08:31

KR wore his snakeskin boots in the R&R circus.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 15, 2014 09:18

Crawlin' King Snake with John Lee Hooker

ROCKMAN

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 15, 2014 10:43

When the crowd reacted he added a comment about been stabbed in the hip or something (presumably by KR) - anyone know the story ?

sc uk

Posted by: woody ()
Date: December 15, 2014 16:55

I was there and Pete said that the guitarist, Keith stabbed him in the thigh.
I have read numerous OO bopks and both Petes books and no mention of ot until now
Strange

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 15, 2014 17:09

what ?!

Date: December 16, 2014 05:24

woody
I was there and Pete said that the guitarist, Keith stabbed him in the thigh.
I have read numerous OO bopks and both Petes books and no mention of ot until now
Strange

Probably with the same stuff Keith was stabbing into his own thigh at the time.eye popping smiley

peace

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: December 16, 2014 06:57

z
KR wore his snakeskin boots in the R&R circus.

That was my thought too. A reference to these:

See commentary here, which references the boots that they seem to be discussing.

[ktoia.wordpress.com]

"In the photo Mick Jagger is talking to Keith Richards — most likely about his snake skin boots."

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 16, 2014 21:32

1 must remember that Pete is, how you say, nuts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home