Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rock Drama Series from Scorsese and Jagger
Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: December 3, 2014 00:52

DECEMBER 2, 2014
Laura Prudom
News Editor

HBO has given a series order to a new drama from Martin Scorsese, Mick Jagger and Terence Winter.

Set in 1970’s New York, the as yet untitled show will explore the drug and sex-fueled music business as punk and disco were breaking out, all through the eyes of a record executive trying to resurrect his label and find the next new sound. The series is believed to have been given a nine-episode pickup.

The project has long been gestating at HBO. It marks the latest collaboration of Scorsese and Winter, following HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire” and the Oscar-nommed feature “The Wolf of Wall Street.” “Boardwalk” ended its five-season run in October.

The hourlong drama will star Bobby Cannavale as Richie Finestra, the founder and president of a top-tier record label, American Century Records, with a great ear for discovering talent. Richie undergoes a crisis of character when confronted with a life-altering decision. Olivia Wilde will play his wife, Devon, a former actress/model who lived a Bohemian life in 1960s New York. Richie’s crisis causes strain on their family and propels her to re-immerse in her former lifestyle.

Ray Romano will appear as Zak Yankovich, one of Richie’s partners — the tough and savvy Head of Promotions of American Century with decades of experience dating back to the dark, mob-infested days of the recording business. Juno Temple will also star as Jamie Vine, is an ambitious assistant in the A&R Department of American Century. She uses her keen abilities to manipulate people and blend into the various subcultures of the New York music underground, in order to break through the glass ceiling and get ahead at the record label.

Rounding out the cast are Andrew “Dice” Clay; Ato Essandoh; Max Casella; James Jagger; Jack Quaid; Birgitte Sorenson; P.J. Byrne; J.C. MacKenzie; Bo Dietl; Robert Funaro and Joe Caniano.

Winter will write, showrun and executive produce the series, with Scorsese, Jagger, Rick Yorn, Victoria Pearman, Emma Tillinger Koskoff and George Mastras executive producing.

Re: Rock Drama Series from Scorsese and Jagger
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 3, 2014 01:18

Sounds really cool!

(tho I'm feeling so ill about today's news about Bobby Keys passing, it's hard to really feel excited
about anything)

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 01:23

Something tells me we'll be hearing alot of Stones songs throughout! Has James Jagger acted before?

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 3, 2014 02:56

I'm glad they're doing this. I read about it a year or so ago.

It's good to hear some good news on such a sad day.

smoking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 3, 2014 03:23

Sounds like Goodfellas meets Performance.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: December 3, 2014 06:12

DGA35
Something tells me we'll be hearing alot of Stones songs throughout! Has James Jagger acted before?

[www.imdb.com]

I'm excited despite sharing the feelings of swiss today

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 15:41

Sounds EXTREMELY promising.

Looking forward to seeing Andrew Dice Clay act some more. He was excellent in Blue Jasmine, better than I expected.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home