Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Having to Take A Leak During A Stones Show
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 23, 2005 22:18

Me and three of my friends from college were discussing how it sucks to have to go to the bathroom and wait in lines to go during concerts. For those of you who know Fenway, the bathrooms are small and nasty and you could expect a good wait if you have to go and nobody wants to miss any songs. So one of my friends suggested this, don't know if he was serious or not.. Its called the Gladder Bladder...

[www.azod.com]

Re: Having to Take A Leak During A Stones Show
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 23, 2005 22:20

If you sell that outside the venue you can make a fortune considering the age average of stones fanst grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 23, 2005 22:20

I never go to the bog during a Stones show. I dont want to miss anything, so I do it right there.

I guess it proves I'm not always full of shit, then.....winking smiley

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 23, 2005 22:24

KeithRichards, that is funny...

The last few shows I stuck with hard liquor drinks to avoid having to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. Or you can just not drink at all and roll one up a spliff for the show.

Posted by: JaggerMister ()
Date: June 23, 2005 22:26

took a pee in a cup at Little Rock!!!!!!!

usually wait for 1 of Keith's songs if I just have to go!!!!!

SMOKE DOPE more...DRINK LESS!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 23, 2005 22:32

You did it in a cup? Who got offered a free drink afterwards?

I mean, that way it's bound to end up on the ground anyway.

Oh, poor Keith, his songs are worth the listen.

Posted by: JaggerMister ()
Date: June 23, 2005 22:36

really did pee in the CUP!!!!!

was about 22 rows back center stage on the floor..had a long shirt on and just DID IT!!!!!

was a misty rain that night and they plaed Far Away Eyes...Ronnin on the pedal steel

it was just one of those nights they were rockin...and I couldn't leave!!!!

and yes it did end up on the floor...but under my seat

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 23, 2005 22:58

Ounce of Prevention:

To more or less quote the estmeed Stonesdoug when this subject was broached last tour:

one word: bourbon (in my case - Irish Whiskey)

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: June 23, 2005 23:12

Great Topic!!

This is a seriously good idea for the European fan who has General Admission seating. My first two Stones shows were GA, and bathroom trips were a real issue. Not only did you have to fight (sometimes literally) your way back to your vantage point, often it became difficult to find the folks with you. I'm suprised RS.Com isn't marketing these Gladder Bladders!!

Karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 23, 2005 23:39

KSIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm suprised RS.Com isn't
> marketing these Gladder Bladders!!
>

patent the idea and suggest it to them and they will. You have to hand it to rs.com, sooner or later they'll think of everything, no matter how tacky or tasteless

They'll probably send us an e-mail any day now advertising "Rolling Stones Incontinence Pads" which will be fitted with an alarm that plays either "everything is turning to gold" or "how can I stop" for 'number ones' and a choice of "you gotta move", 'Let It Loose' and 'Turd On The run' for 'number twos' . They will then release a special edition for the lady in your life which strikes up "Too much blood", "let it bleed" or "Moon is Up" for that inconvenient time of the month

Posted by: stupid girl ()
Date: June 23, 2005 23:42

... since you mentioned the ladies,
what do the ladies do in that case?
Just curious.

Date: June 23, 2005 23:57

Maybe there's such a thing as a Rock 'n' Roll Diaper.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 24, 2005 00:19

Buahahahaha! Gazza, now that's funny grinning smiley
But I guess Richard is right - diapers would sell very well too smiling smiley)

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: June 24, 2005 00:24

Rock 'n roll diaper!

LOL!!

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 24, 2005 01:29

i actually did wear a diaper (Depends) at a blues festival in SF in the mid-80's - worked like a charm. had a bit of a rash, later, of course....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 24, 2005 01:37

I remember a guy peeing in a plastic bottle in 1990 and throwing it at the opening act - opened!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 24, 2005 01:42

Bladder control is something we all should have under control by now. Go before the show and during the opening act. Van Halen, Doobie Brothers and Stones.....we had no bathroom breaks, water or food breaks because we didn't want to lose our place by the stage in 1978. It's not a football game, it's the Stones.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 24, 2005 03:09

One of my interesting memories is the guy at Oakland Coliseum outside SF during BtB 1997. With four cups of beer. He drank all that beer, and as the show went by he just used the empty cups for taking a leak. Mid-way through the show I am sure he had a system to sort out incoming and outgoing. Personally, if I ever had to go out for a leak - may God forbid - it would have been through the middle of Tumbling Dice.

Bjornulf

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: June 24, 2005 03:57

I took a DayQuil at the beginning of a show once and didn't have to go for about 5 hours!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2005 08:56

Just piss on the guy in front of ya and then when he goes to clean up you move up closer to the stage! Pick ya mark though and just make sure he ain't a retired wrestler...or Bang..Wop..KAPOW!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 24, 2005 09:02

Years ago I attended a Bob Dylan show. I had to wait for hours and hours to be
right in front. There was a great opening act with this guy from the Byrds playing
"8 miles high". Then Bob Dylan came on. I had to go to the toilet. Sadly I watched the
rest of the show from the back of the arena.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: June 24, 2005 11:22

Never been to the toilet during a Stones show

Posted by: rockroll ()
Date: June 24, 2005 11:52

If i need to take a leak during the show, i wait until they play "miss you". That is my bathroom song. Long enough to get to the bathroom, do what i need to do, and get back to my seat.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 24, 2005 12:31

If you do need to go for a leak, go in the middle of a warhorse - for 2 reasons:

1. You've seen that song before and you'll see it again.
2. There won't be too many in the queue - unlike during the new songs and Keith's slot!

Personally, I just try to hold it in, but I don't really drink during the Stones performance.

The one exception was Twickenham where I tried to hold it in all the time, but finally had to go during SFM on the B stage. Damn! Still, at least I got the DVD to watch it...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home