Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cheap Trick
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: June 23, 2005 17:25

Does anyone else enjoy these guys? Great licks, solid tunes and an old fasioned guitar driven sound. Would make a good opener for the Stones.

Re: Cheap Trick
Posted by: lady jane ()
Date: June 24, 2005 01:27

their pretty good, i saw them open for Aerosmith last year and the guitarist had a five neck guitar...pretty crazy...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 24, 2005 01:42

I've liked Cheap Trick since I first heard Live at Budokan back in the late 70's. One of the best live albums of all time. I always think of drummer Bun E Carlos as a more hard rock version of Charlie Watts. I think Robin Zander has one of the best rock voices, too.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 24, 2005 03:00

I just loved them. So full of energy. Live at Budokan is a must for any rock fan. If they ever were to warm up for the Stones I would be there all ready. No sleeping through the warm-up for sure!

Bjornulf

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: June 24, 2005 04:13

I think Cheap Trick are great! Fun Fact # (?) Rick Neilsen (a true rocker!) played 'organ' (yes that's right) on The Yardbirds last U.S. chart maker ' Ha Ha Said The Clown' which had been done originally by Manfred Mann. (Thank you Cub Koda) What a fun band!

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 24, 2005 04:53

Hey Rankoutsider,

How did Neilsen manage to hook up with the Yardbirds? Was that after Beck quit?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 24, 2005 06:50

I passed out in the car at the last Hockenheim fest listening to em - Dream Police I think.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: June 24, 2005 07:58

I gotta say, cheap trick is awesome. From what Ive heard they still play really well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home