Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Now that the tour is over, your favorite shows?
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 17, 2014 04:17

I'd rank the 6 I saw like this:
1. Boston #2 - Finally got to take my daughter to see the Stones and about 5 songs in we got (quite unexpectedly) upgraded to the Tongue pit. So that might qualify as one of the greatest nights of my life. Walking down front as the band is ripping up As the Whip Comes Down...
2. Newark #2. - 1st show of this go 'round so there was that excitement - plus NY/NJ area, plus special guests, plus I thought they totally rocked that night.
3. Boston #1 -Great vibe. Partied with my brother. Superb sound where we sat, plus finally got Sway with MT.
4. Stockholm - right down front. Maybe the best Rambler of the lot. Great show in a gorgeous city.
5. Macau - despite it being on the other side of the world, the show didn't catch fire really until toward the end. Best Gimme shelter of them all, and Brown Sugar was excellent. Disappointed not to get Silver Train though.
6. HyDE Park 1 - after just seeing them up close in Boston, the crowd at this was just too big. I had a hard time reaching 'lift off' during this show for some reason. That said, when I listen to Sweet summer Sun, I'm glad I was there!

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: December 17, 2014 06:11

Just going off what I saw through Youtube, but the Shanghai show seemed pretty killer. Arguably the best version of Rambler since the 70's, and fantastic performances of Street Fighting Man and All Down the Line.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 17, 2014 06:22

Perth #2 was just friggin awesome. First one was great but they were only one show in and warming up still.

November 1st blew my socks off. I thought they'd never top Melbourne '06 but they did. My seven year old daughter talks about it still everyday saying we need to go and see them again "even if it's in New York and it costs almost five thousand dollars Daddy!"....bless her beautiful heart. 5k might get one of us 50th row at the Garden...

My little one's only critisms were: Lisa isn't as good as Merry Clayton (GS is her fave song), they didn't play "Paint it black", "Ruby Tuesday" or "She's a rainbow"...naughty Rolling Stones...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 17, 2014 17:15

Brooklyn
Newark 1

Oakland
San Jose
Las Vegas
Philly 2

Pinkpop
Berlin
Paris
Vienna
Dusseldorf
Madrid

Places in bold were my favs from each set of shows.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 17, 2014 17:26

Rome...What a fantastic feeling in the Cirkus!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home