Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hi-Res Stones (HD FLAC, DSD)
Date: April 22, 2017 08:29

If you want to make hi-res playback from recordings you already bought, you can use Ferocious Resampler [github.com]

and upsample existing tracks preferably to even number - e.g. 16/44.1 to 24/88.2 or 16/88.2 (for mobile or where space is concern), 16/48 to 24/96 or 16/96.

There is no information above 20 kHz that can be heard, but most common DACs today oversample much worse than sw resamplers and therefore if existing tracks are upsampled playback quality can improve.

Generally 24 bit recording has sense and if you have 24 bit source it should be preserved in 24 bit, 16 bit can be used very well with dither but the quality is theoretically very slightly lower. But when upsampling from 16 bit sources and if space is concern (mobile) the upsampled results can be saved in 16 bit.

The original Hi-Res tracks can also sound better but that is mainly because of different/better mastering than CD or other existing media.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-22 08:34 by jumpingjackflash5.

Re: Hi-Res Stones (HD FLAC, DSD)
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 22, 2017 15:03

Toru A
I'm a frequent customer at live.brucespringsteen.net.
You can get high resolution files like DSD.
I think DSD is an effective way to put forth energy of the live recordings.
Someday I hope the stones shall introduce this concept.

[live.brucespringsteen.net]

[brucehelp.nugs.net]-

Thanks for the link, Toru. I wish the Stones would do the same for their own shows. I'm certain it would be a success.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home