Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor with Keith Lone Star Cafe 12/28/86 NY
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 23, 2005 13:15

Taylor and Keith doing CYHMK with Taylor's band sure makes you think about
what could of been.

Re: Mick Taylor with Keith Lone Star Cafe 12/28/86 NY
Date: June 23, 2005 13:16

I read somewhere that Keith completely had forgot the song, and that they quickly changed to Key To The Highway smiling smiley

Date: June 23, 2005 13:19

Yes he forgot the song but they did a 14 minute CYHMK - Taylor saved the day but
keith as you listen got into the groove with his guitar and a great contrast to
taylor's guitar.

Date: June 23, 2005 13:28

Do you have the boot???

Date: June 23, 2005 13:35

Mick Taylor Interview
Q: I would be remiss if I didn't pass along perhaps the most foolish question that's been asked, but perhaps also the most burning question which is, can you tell us for sure who played the intro on Can't You Hear Me Knocking? Which I think everyone always assumed it was Keith Richards, and I think now that people are beginning to go back on the records and listen with a different mindset, they're beginning to say now who really played these parts? MT: Well, we both played on it actually, it was one of the few, well not one of the few Stones tracks because lots of tracks we recorded with the Stones in those days were actually by and large recorded live the way you would play them on-stage, sometimes even in one or two takes. Very rarely were guitar solos overdubbed, I mean other things may have been overdubbed, but very rarely were guitar solos overdubbed, they were usually sort of done with the backing track so they were done live. Q: When you played the long extended jam at the end did you have any idea it would become an anthem? MT: No idea whatsoever. We just carried on playing, we had a percussionist, that's just the direction it went in. We were all having such a good time playing it that we just left the tape rolling and that's how it came to be made. Q: You've captured a great version of it on Coastin' Home, the new record . . . MT: Yes, it is quite nice, it's quite jazzy.
Interview with Mick Taylor June 25, 1995; copyright 1995 by Garnet Net Events, Inc. all rights reserved

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 23, 2005 13:39

I think i have this version. Keith indeed forgot the intro but the song rocked. The singer wasn't so good though!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 23, 2005 16:02

The jam is cool but I can't bare to listen to the first part of the song or that horrible singer.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 23, 2005 16:34

Dandelion,
I think it's on Tricky Fingers. I'll try to put it on my computer this weekend and then send it to you.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: June 23, 2005 17:43

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read somewhere that Keith completely had forgot
> the song, and that they quickly changed to Key To
> The Highway

They played Key to the Highway before they played CYHMK.

I don't think Taylor really answered the question about who does the opening for CYHMK, but I don't know why folks think it's Taylor.

Taylor has said about the second part that "he" just kept on playing, but I can't figure out what he's referring to. The bridge seems to be played by Keith--it's in his channel. Is Taylor referring to his taking an unplanned solo after Bobby Keys took his solo so that, up to Keys' solo, it was all planned? And what was that Jon Landau line about Keith doing the chugging guitar at the end--I thought that was Taylor as well? Calling in the CYHMK experts for answers . . .

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 23, 2005 18:00

Keith's contributions are negligble, IMO. Nice sounding soundboard circulates, btw....

Date: June 23, 2005 18:55

CYHMK on sticky -

It has to be keith on the INTRO - listen at the 0:13 mark you hear how keith
holds and gets his angular chuck berry note.

Date: June 24, 2005 10:29

Cafaro,

Thanks!!! Can you use this adress? selfdestructionblues1@hotmail.com (larger capacity).

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 24, 2005 16:14

For the Sticky version of CYHMK it is very easy to follow the two guitars in the stereo spectrum. Taylor over here and Keith over there. they stay that way throughout the whole jam.
The addition I really loved on Lix was Jagger's harmonica solo. Jagger blows a mean mean harp. I never ever tire of hearing Jagger blow. He is the baddest man around on that thing. And I mean everyone John Hammond, Brian Jones, Magic Dick, the guy from War. I only dig Jagger.

Date: June 24, 2005 16:25

jagger has great and unique tone on the harp

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 24, 2005 18:26

Jagger's passable on harp...nothing more than that. musselwhite, butterfield, little and big walter, sonny boy II - now those are/were bad!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2005 18:35

Yeah T&A what about the filthy harp that Walter Horton blows on Easy and Grandmother Got Grandfather Told.

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home