Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Beady Eye have split up
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 27, 2014 08:19

71Tele
Somehow we will have to find the strength to continue.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 27, 2014 08:20

Rockman
[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 27, 2014 08:21

Rockman
But, you gave a damn enough to post?

YEP!! ... I just got sick of bein' Mr Polite ...
I just wanted ta be a sarcastic prick for a change ...

Date: October 27, 2014 08:24

SilverBlanket
Yawn, the haters out in force to have a pop at Liam Gallagher and Beady eye.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up and deservedly so, Beady Eye were crap and Liam is a talentless git. What to like ? Nothing, nada, zilch !!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: October 27, 2014 08:24

JumpingKentFlash
treaclefingers
BowieStone
Liam is a terrific singer, but he needs good songs.
Noel is a good songwriter, but he needs a good singer.

Maybe Liam could team up with Pete Townshend, and Noel with Roger Daltry?

And do what exactly? Form a band called Whoasis? :-D

LOL ,that's a good one JKF !smileys with beer

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 27, 2014 09:42

Oh Yeah! eye rolling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 27, 2014 10:40

I think a lot of people who slag of Liam just believe anything the press write in order to sell more papers. Liam is as gentle and polite towards ordinary people as Keith Richards and Charlie Watts. I have met all three on a numerous occasions and they are all on the same cloud, along with Ronnie (who I have never met properly) and Noel Gallagher. I have accompanied Oasis on tour twice in America and I have never met such great and generous people.

Beady Eye's two records are good but they couldn't really match Oasis. However I find it ludicruos that fellow Stones fans slag off Oasis, the ONLY band that were EVER worthy of keeping the torch that Mick & Keith invented. You clearly have missed the Point. Some of you even prefer sh*te like Pearl jam and God knows what which says it all.

Strange.

Well, since Beady Eye now have split at least I can see twice as many Stones shows as they are the only band I now care about to see live (alright, Bob Dylan too but 2 shows with him per year's enough)

The Who on Keith's birthday at the O2 as the exception and then STONES All down the Line.

Date: October 27, 2014 10:43

<Beady Eye's two records are good but they couldn't really match Oasis.>

It might be that this is the core of the problem: Many people don't like Oasis smiling smiley

I think they were ok back in the day, but I must admit I have never heard Beady Eye. I'll give them a spin for you, Max smiling smiley

Date: October 27, 2014 10:45

Sounds pretty good.

Date: October 27, 2014 11:52

MadMax
I think a lot of people who slag of Liam just believe anything the press write in order to sell more papers. Liam is as gentle and polite towards ordinary people as Keith Richards and Charlie Watts. I have met all three on a numerous occasions and they are all on the same cloud, along with Ronnie (who I have never met properly) and Noel Gallagher. I have accompanied Oasis on tour twice in America and I have never met such great and generous people.

Beady Eye's two records are good but they couldn't really match Oasis. However I find it ludicruos that fellow Stones fans slag off Oasis, the ONLY band that were EVER worthy of keeping the torch that Mick & Keith invented. You clearly have missed the Point. Some of you even prefer sh*te like Pearl jam and God knows what which says it all.

Strange.

Well, since Beady Eye now have split at least I can see twice as many Stones shows as they are the only band I now care about to see live (alright, Bob Dylan too but 2 shows with him per year's enough)

The Who on Keith's birthday at the O2 as the exception and then STONES All down the Line.

There IS no point to Liam Gallagher, THAT'S the point .... and not only I, but shedloads of other people too, most certainly haven't missed it. The man is without talent, the man is a loudmouth gobshite, and Beady Eye's lack of commercial success is hardly surprising ... don't really understand why this should be a surprise to anyone in their right mind, and in particular Mr Gallagher. He's so far up his own backside it beggars belief. May he go away and stay away, he will become tabloid fodder in due course ... that's all he deserves. Good riddance !

All praises to brother Noel meanwhile !!

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 11:58

open-g
Pauly, I'm not sure if Roll73 wrote that with tongue in cheek...

but agree with you anyhow. smileys with beer

My tongue was very firmly in my cheek! smiling smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 27, 2014 12:52

I think Paulywaul needs to go away and come back when he's calmed down a little bit...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 27, 2014 13:15

Wasn't it Liam that offered his mate Richard Ashcroft (in all sincerity) to "beat up the Rolling Stones" after the 'Bittersweet Symphony' / 'The Last Time' shocker?!

Guy cracks me up all the time...

Great band Oasis.
Great power in his voice, that Liam.
Saw Beady Eye once, at a festival; no Oasis - not in a million miles... but: wotyhwhile. Good fun!

And I agree with Geordiestone here:

geordiestone
Whatever you might think of Liam, it has to be said he's a colourful character and there aint enough of those in rock n roll these days.

...definitely not enough colourful characters like him in R'n'R around, these days!

Date: October 27, 2014 13:30

Bastion
I think Paulywaul needs to go away and come back when he's calmed down a little bit...

Perfectly calm here, a positive ocean of tranquillity I am currently residing in ........ but I do thank you for the consideration.

Meanwhile, would you like any further views on Liam Gallagher ......... ??? winking smiley

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 14:32

Never really took much of an interest in them.....

But I do quite like this

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 27, 2014 15:46

68to72

But I do quite like this

The band sounds good, but that vocal...it just sounds detached, lazy and generally uninspired.

EDIT...the word 'band' has an 'n' in it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-27 18:08 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 16:03

treaclefingers
68to72

But I do quite like this

The bad sounds good, but that vocal...it just sounds detached, lazy and generally uninspired.

Yeah you're dead right.......

Should have said that myself in my post

What a drag it is gettin' old

Date: October 27, 2014 18:10

SilverBlanket

'the haters'?

You're quoting Taylor Swift?

Not sure that's lending any gravitas to your observation.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 27, 2014 18:24

Gee, I wish they stayed together, because they were pretty much under the radar. Now we have to worry about an Oasis reunioneye rolling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 27, 2014 18:55

treaclefingers
SilverBlanket

'the haters'?

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 27, 2014 20:03

Oasis, the ONLY band that were EVER worthy of keeping the torch that Mick & Keith invented.

You've got to be kidding me.....weren't they just a UK thing that never really caught on in the USA. I think their egos were bigger than their talents and I was turned off every time I heard one of them talking about their band. Or doing ludicrous comparisons of themselves to the Stones. A little success can be a dangerous thing..

although I must admit, I did enjoy that tune flick of the finger that DP posted.

peace

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 27, 2014 20:15

Oasis defined a moment in time in the UK and Ireland between 94-97, i think it's a little bit sad and disrespectful to trample all over some peoples memories on here. If you don't like them fine but i for one would rather hear from iorr posters with something good to say. It's almost impossible to overstate what a big deal they once were here. I think the Beady Eye break up was kinda inevitable but i doubt this is the last we've heard from Liam, Gem and Andy and think it's gonna be a really exciting emotional time when Oasis do return as they most surely will. I'd heard rumours it was gonna be next year for the Whats The Story 20th anniversary. I'm keeping everything crossed. There is way too much banality in the music world nowadays, Liam and Noel were always entertaining.

Date: October 27, 2014 20:21

geordiestone
Oasis defined a moment in time in the UK and Ireland between 94-97, i think it's a little bit sad and disrespectful to trample all over some peoples memories on here. If you don't like them fine but i for one would rather hear from iorr posters with something good to say. It's almost impossible to overstate what a big deal they once were here. I think the Beady Eye break up was kinda inevitable but i doubt this is the last we've heard from Liam, Gem and Andy and think it's gonna be a really exciting emotional time when Oasis do return as they most surely will. I'd heard rumours it was gonna be next year for the Whats The Story 20th anniversary. I'm keeping everything crossed. There is way too much banality in the music world nowadays, Liam and Noel were always entertaining.

This would be an excellent statement...on an Oasis site.

I think what irritates some people (me included) is that we have to have an OT thread about so many irrelevant acts. Oasis, the Black Crows, AC/DC. None of them are in the same league as the Stones or have anything in common with them. It just clutters up the site, like all the "RIP" threads we have to have every time a second-rate celebrity dies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-27 20:31 by 71Tele.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 27, 2014 20:49

Fair point 71Tele. And while i agree that the Stones are the greatest i think it's a touch out of order calling those other bands irrelevant. 2 of them happen to be 2 of my favourites in the Black Crowes and Oasis.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 27, 2014 20:54

Liam Gallagher is louder then he should be, naive to reality, lucky to have a job and abrasive. But to say he has no talent makes you all those things...

If I Had A Gun would've been a smash hit if Liam had sang it...

Date: October 27, 2014 20:58

geordiestone
Fair point 71Tele. And while i agree that the Stones are the greatest i think it's a touch out of order calling those other bands irrelevant. 2 of them happen to be 2 of my favourites in the Black Crowes and Oasis.

Maybe your favorite, but not necessarily relevant. The Replacements and Elvis Costello are my favorites, but I don't start OT threads about them (at least not often). We all have our favorites. I meant relevant to the Stones. Sorry to nitpick, I normally don't care, but there are certain acts that seem to have a lot of threads about them here and I have never really been sure why.

Date: October 27, 2014 22:09

treaclefingers
68to72

But I do quite like this

The band sounds good, but that vocal...it just sounds detached, lazy and generally uninspired.

EDIT...the word 'band' has an 'n' in it!

What bloody awful vocals. Thanks Liam - for totally massacring a beautiful song. TWAT !!

Date: October 27, 2014 22:44

geordiestone

I'm supportive of everyone having and expressing their different music tastes, but you can't expect everyone to drink the kool aid you are serving here.

It's funny because banal is how I would have described Oasis...but again, I recognize that is a taste thing.

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: October 28, 2014 01:27

treaclefingers
SilverBlanket

'the haters'?

I'm quoting Taylor Swift? News to me baby.One of your faves I assume? smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 28, 2014 02:16

So, never has a band that's been together so long meant so little to so many.... Yeah, I think so....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home