Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: World Series 2014
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: October 27, 2014 20:56

The World Series is kind of a let down. I mean really, the baseball champion which comes out of the National League, then has to play some other sport's winner in what we call the World Series. Why not play the Japanese league champion? Is there a difference? McGraw was correct in refusing to play the 2nd World Series, it is an insult to have to play AL teams at all & gives that league a false level of acceptability.

Cancel the World Series, cancel inter-league games & just watch the National League Championship Series...that is your baseball winner.

BTW...the DH is the worst invention since the atomic bomb. It means AL managers do not have to anything but fill out a line-up card. You know why Joe Torre could never succeed in the NL? It is b/c he was an AL manager & couldn't manage worth a crap...they don't have to over there.

However, since my team is forced to withstand the indignation of having to play an AL team...GO GIANTS!!!!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 27, 2014 21:19

Madison Bumgarner is bringing it.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: October 27, 2014 21:31

The Las Vegas odds underdog team has won every series this postseason. The Giants opened as underdogs against KC (Giants had the worst regular season record too)...so if they win 1 more...EVERY series will have been won by the underdog.

Also, the Giants were underdogs in every series in 2010 & 2012. If there was ever an underdog team to cheer for, it would be the Giants. That said, people love to cheer the odds on favorite...and they are getting left behind again! People say they like an underdog...but actions speak louder.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 27, 2014 22:37

Natlanta
Madison Bumgarner is bringing it.

In the 9th inning last night, he looked like he was ready for game 6 to start then and there. Go ahead, I can pitch 9 more!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 27, 2014 22:45

Don't count the Royals out. You can't start Bumgarner every game.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 28, 2014 00:03

A game 7 on Wednesday would break up the week nicely.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 28, 2014 03:08

71Tele

I saw a stat earlier tonight that 8 of 10 teams in the Royals' situation (returning home down 3-2 for games 6 & 7) have won the Series.

So yeah.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 30, 2014 19:09

The Giants have won the Series for their third World Series title in five years. Some are saying they are now a dynasty.

This was the first time since 1979 that a visiting team has won in game 7. So much for history.

Bumgarner pitched five innings last night on two days rest and took his place among the greatest pitchers in the postseason for his performances. His ERA was about .26. How great is that?

Go Giants!!!

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 19:11 by timbernardis.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 30, 2014 19:29

I could care less about a Dynasty, The won three times! THey know how to win. The Royals have a very good team and they will real soon

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 30, 2014 21:56

Natlanta
71Tele

I saw a stat earlier tonight that 8 of 10 teams in the Royals' situation (returning home down 3-2 for games 6 & 7) have won the Series.

So yeah.

Shows you what stats mean. 8 out of 10. doesn't tell you if this one is going to be one of the 8 or one of the 2.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 31, 2014 01:15

What does 'era' mean?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 31, 2014 03:21

Bumgarner pitched a sloppy game. Royals went after bad pitches and paid for it. Also they hit into one too many Double Plays. Furthermore, the Decision to have Ecobar try a bunt in the fifth inning was a terrible decision.

The worst thing the royals did, however, was lose their composure. I was surprised they were getting mad while continuing to make bad decisions batting.

I'm not a fan of either team. That's my take on the game.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 31, 2014 08:50

Koen
What does 'era' mean?

earned run average. basically how many runs a 9 inning game a pitcher gives up through the other team getting hits. example of an unearned run would be a player scoring that reached base on error. its a strange game if you haven't grown up with it.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 31, 2014 18:41

Correction, his ERA for the World Series was .25, the best in baseball history. And he was not sloppy, just started out a little off for his first few pitches but then locked in and put down 14 Royals in a row.

plexi

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2014 18:43

Wow, what a great series. I managed to catch the bottom of the 8th and the 9th of game seven.

That's about all baseball is worth for me. Unfortunately SF won. Whatever. No one will remember in a month.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: October 31, 2014 21:29

Party time here in San Francisco! And it's Halloween to boot!

Wild times in the wild town!

Madbum is a beast! He mowed the Royals down!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 1, 2014 06:18

Anyone who wants to criticize what Bumgarner did does not have a clue about the game. He came in on two days rest and he took advantage of the Royals over aggressive approach at the plate. As stated above his first inning was a little off but he was then in total control His post season record now speaks for itself. The Royals are to be congratulated as well for coming as far as they did this year. Had they played anyone other than the Giants or my Red Sox I would have rooted for the Giants.

Baseball is bouncing back nicely from the steroid era. Why do people have to bring up that SF has no class because of Barry Bonds? Pitching and defense ar back. I do agree that the DH is terrible as it takes a lot of the strategy away. Ironic then that my favorite player is a DH. I think baseball is a far better game than football its too bad that the younger generation does not seem to like it much.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home