Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

waiting on a friend
Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: June 19, 2005 21:17

Can someone post the exact address of the street where the video was filmed with mick and keith sitting on the steps. Things to do when I'm in New York.

Thanks

Re: waiting on a friend
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: June 19, 2005 21:46

The bar where the band sang at the end of the video was the old St. Marks Bar down on 1st Ave and St. Marks Place. The neon mural of the band hung behind the pool table for years, until the bar was sold. Sadly, the new owners tore down a bar chock full of character and history, only to put up yet another yuppified lounge. If you go travel around the corner on St. Mark's, you'll see the original stoop where this video was shot. Right across the street is the building used for the cover of Led Zepplin's "Physical Graffiti" album.

cheers

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 19, 2005 22:22

I thought that the building where Mick and Keith are sitting on the steps was the Physical Graffiti building?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 19, 2005 22:45

96 St Mark's Place

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 20, 2005 05:35

It's funny, I used to hang out on that stoop many many hours in the day. They used to have an AA meeting right there somewhere. In those days I didn't know what AA was; I thought it was where people went to get free booze LOL.
It's true they tore down all history and charm, atmosphere and cooolness on St Mark's Place. Giuliani is a good man, but he did a number on NYC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home