Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Do The Stones read this forum?
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 20, 2005 23:10

shattered Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pat: Is your husband a Lutheran? I guess this
> explains his drinking eh?
>
> "the pool's in but the patio ain't dry."

He says: "Lutheran? My ass!"

PATTI

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: June 20, 2005 23:49

a mix of stupid and interesting post...

if the stones or somebody of their management is reading these boards, at least they dont give a shit on any of the lower prices claims of wishlists.

The hardcore stones-fans on these boards may be right, but in fact in a Stones show they are a hardcore minority...

Its a pitty, but money rules the world, so why do you think the Stones would not only think in grabbing money?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 21, 2005 00:17

Probably not. I can't see one of them staying at home clinking to read about the rolling stones. It has been more than 40 years now, of gossip, rumours, lies, thruths about them. For them it's probably the same BS. I can't imagine what would be the driving force that would make one of them reading about the rolling stones from the internet. Everything has been said already.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: June 21, 2005 00:44

They definately scan through these threads and others. When the 99 tour was about to start we all had our wantlists. I posted my list of songs which included Route 66, Some Girls, etc... on here as well as Jagger's website. I got an email from Ronnie, or at worst, someone claiming to be Ronnie. It was a very short message. "I like your setlist. We'll see what we can work in. - the most underrated guitarist of all time, Ronnie Wood" Very interesting I thought. Specially since they brought out Route 66, Rambler, and other songs I had on my list. Kinda hoping She Was Hot, Its Not Easy, Flight 505, etc... get on the list. Sway would be killer. So would a Buddy Holly or Chuck Berry cover.

Drake

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 21, 2005 03:37

Jagger was asked on an AOL online chat in 1998 did he ever read the Stones internet sites and he said he occasionally did and that he had a laugh at the 'spats'.

I know on pretty good authority that a few 'fan favourites' have worked their way into setlists after long absences after some feedback from the internet - Moonlight Mile was definitely in that category in 1999, as was Cant You Hear Me Knockin' in 2002.

I doubt that any of them would admit publicly to spending much time on fan sites or in looking for words of wisdom from the internet because that would lead to the inevitable overload of loonies looking for attention

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 21, 2005 06:44

10 hyphen 4 good buddy BUT I sure would like em to do "Where the Boys All Go".

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home