Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-John Lennon Birthday
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 9, 2014 08:01

Today is John's Birthday. Sad that he's gone but I believe the world is a little better because of his contributions. Amazing the power that music has. Also thanks to him for his insights into humanity. Really needed that when I was a youngster, I suppose many did. Actually I still make a lot of connections today when I listen to his songs. Good stuff.

Re: OT-John Lennon Birthday
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 9, 2014 08:59

Love and light to him, and thanks and praises.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 9, 2014 09:37

Yup..I'm will be listening to his music whole day looong...started up with 'Mind Games' half an hour ago...just listen to the guitar-solo on 'Aisumasen (I'm Sorry)...WOW...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 9, 2014 17:41

The guitar solo on Aisumasen is probably the best lead on any Beatle solo song. Stunningly beautiful and a a wonderful song from a vastly underrated album. Bring on the People!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 9, 2014 18:23

I like his stuff with the members of cheap trick. Damn Yoko

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 9, 2014 18:34

"Damn Yoko"??? What kind of @#$%& up thing is that to say?

Date: October 9, 2014 18:37

Read that she vetoed the cheap trick stuff.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 9, 2014 18:48

Really have nothing to add to legacy of John Lennon, except I enjoy much of his music very, very much. Great rock and roll voice.

And, yes, Cheap Trick fans, Robin can really sound a lot like him. Ric and Bun E. on Double Fantasy sessions?

Date: October 9, 2014 18:50

I love the sound with CT on the DF sessions. Man that was so good. I think Tony Levin played on that as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-09 18:52 by black n blue.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 9, 2014 18:50

black n blue
Read that she vetoed the cheap trick stuff.

OK. Not familiar with that. I have no problem with your comment then, I thought it was just general Yoko bashing.

Date: October 9, 2014 18:54

Lennon wanted to work with different musicians than he had previously, and had Douglas assemble and rehearse the band without telling them who they would be recording with. While the sessions were underway, Douglas brought Rick Nielsen and Bun E. Carlos of the band Cheap Trick (whom he was also producing) to play on Lennon's "I'm Losing You" and Ono's "I'm Moving On", but these were eventually re-recorded with the studio musicians. (The Cheap Trick version of "I'm Losing You" was included on the John Lennon Anthology collection released in 1998.)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 9, 2014 19:02

CT does a live version of "I'm Losing You" on Silver.

Posted by: bryanoakville ()
Date: October 9, 2014 19:28

Roll On John.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 9, 2014 19:31

One of the only people on earth that Mick Jagger was diminished by in his presence.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 9, 2014 20:17

Cheap Trick did rock "I'm losing You". Also a nice video. When I saw Cheap Trick a couple years ago Rick was wearing an all around Beatles logo silk shirt. I like most everything they've done, great band.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home